Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats!
Old 05-30-2019, 03:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 777 Likes on 354 Posts

Congrats Tank!

Wish you'd have bought mine, but glad you're back in a CIG.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 797 Likes on 259 Posts

Awesome news!

Congrats Tank,!!
Old 05-30-2019, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 3,101 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Whats with the left coast kids and no shoes............
Hahaha...Dude, behind the American flag in that pic above is the beach. These kids wear shoes at school and THAT"S IT! Barefoot or sandals the rest of their lives. Plus, they're crawling around on the boat. Gotta teach em now, NO SHOES!
Old 05-30-2019, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Awesome Man!!!! Congrats!!! I was waiting, waiting, and waiting to see something come out since DS was a few weeks back... Reall glad to see you got what you wanted!!
Jr.
Now you need to come visit!!
Old 05-30-2019, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Awesome news!

Congrats Tank,!!
Thanks Greg! Hope to see you guys soon.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Congrats Tank!

Wish you'd have bought mine, but glad you're back in a CIG.
You know, I was tempted but this deal came along and all the stars aligned - it was a guy I've known since he bought the boat from Gary so I know all the history, it's been locally serviced and a so cal boat, (no transportation from out of state) and it is turn key with newer power and interior. Needs the deck color sanded and buffed and some dock rash addressed. Couple gauges replaced and perko latches but it's ready to go.

I gotta say, over the past couple years I've been looking at pretty much anything under 100k. I was looking at 33 and 36 Outlaws (I happen to like Bajas ) I was looking at 340 Baja CC's, 36 Concepts, 30' Concepts, older Active Thunders, 38 Scarabs but of course I always came back to wanting another Cigarette. I'm a cigarette guy. I've always loved Café Racers since OSO member Kevin Schulte (now owns a 42X) had his 93 Café we ran nearly every weekend for years. I was looking to buy a Café Racer in the early 2000's when I was searching for our first Cigarette. But I lucked into a 3A Top Gun Phil hooked me up with and like this Café it was just too good to pass. But the second time around I decided a Café would really meet our needs for the young boys and family with a usable cabin, turn key power and wave crushability for boating out here in the pacific ocean. I basically had an agreement with another buddy that lives in Lauderdale that has a really nice Café that I've known forever too but while I was getting my ducks in a row he went and repowered and decided he wanted to keep the boat. Then the owner of the boat I ended up with called out of the blue and was like, I'm ready to sell (I'd been hitting him up for a few years). So, like I said, it just all fell into place. I find when it's right, you know it and there's no stress, it just flows, which this did. From storage, to insurance to money to the boat itself it all just fell into place easily.

And believe it or not, I plan on towing the kids in a tube behind this at the lake so I'll be posting pics of that LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by thisistank:
endeavour32 (12-06-2020), payuppsucker (05-30-2019), TICafeRacer (01-21-2021)
Old 05-30-2019, 04:05 PM
Registered

Here's a specific example of why I got this boat and that feeling I just described of just knowing it's right.

The boat is out front of our house because we're gonna run out to the islands this weekend and I didn't want to bother taking it up to the warehouse since I'm working all week. I get a pic from Kelly (my wife) that says, "successful play date accomplished!" and how proud my 5 year old was to show off his new boat. LOL I'm rollin!

Oh, and Ken, look...No ones wearing shoes!

Old 05-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,077 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Future Cigs owners in that group, nice that they have a new jungle jim in which to play, nicely done Sir.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Future Cigs owners in that group, nice that they have a new jungle jim in which to play, nicely done Sir.
We sold the Gun because we had babies and unlike others, I just found zero pleasure in boating with very small kids / babies. Now that the boys are 5 and 10 it's time to introduce them into the lifestyle and plant the seed. If I can extend that seed to their friends, well then long live offshore power boats!! I'm sure nearly everyone on here can recall the first time they saw and heard an offshore powerboat the first time and the immediate affect it had on them. Exposure to these boats is rare for small ones and can last a lifetime. If figure if my boats can turn out like the Burk boys after exposing them to these boats like Steve did, then they'll be juuuuuuuuuuust fine. It worked for our 25 y/o daughter. She loves fast boats so much she got engaged to a performance boat shop owner! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.