Don Aronow's last race boat >

Don Aronow's last race boat

Notices

Don Aronow's last race boat

Old 05-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Don Aronow's last race boat

I posted this in the Cigarette forum....but there may be some interest here too.

You know, I think with the death of John Crouse recently, I started taking stock of all the projects that I plan to complete.....and realize there just ain't enough time or money.

So, I am thinking of putting the Benihana up for sale. Will this just be another 35 foot Cigarette race boat on the market??

Well, I have a letter of authenticity, from Michael Aronow that will go with it that says.....This is the last offshore race boat that Don Aronow ever built for himself and registered with the APBA under his favorite racing number 4.

The boat was not finished in time for the start of the season and Don was testing another boat and was injured and decided against coming out of retirement.

The boat sold immediately to Hal Sahlman who raced it as Spirit and he sold it at the end of the season to Rocky Aoki who raced it as Benihana.

The boat won the Bahamas 500 twice, the very last Miami to Nassau race, the Bushmills twice, The Stroh's race, the Hurricane Classic, and the Marina del Rey race while setting five new world speed records......it was a very special boat built for a very special guy.

Anyone interested PM me.....Awlgrip paint already purchased and would go with it....many original parts including windshield, trailer, Kiekhaefer tabs, fuel fills, gauges etc etc. Engines and drives can either go with it, or repower it with somethng brand new like Ilmors...your choice.

Guaranteed to be the center of attention at any poker run or race gathering you would attend.Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow's last race boat-ph-24history006.jpg   Don Aronow's last race boat-offshore-history0003a.jpg   Don Aronow's last race boat-benihanna-before-pictures-2006-small-.jpg  

Don Aronow's last race boat-file0028a.jpg   Don Aronow's last race boat-restoration-350002-small-.jpg  
Old 05-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What a piece of history. Love to see it backout there where it belongs
Old 05-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 94 Posts

Recent photos in the Cigarette owners section of OSO.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

What's it look like now?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

top banana thank you for everything you have done for performance boating i hope some day racing will go back to the way it use to be motor to motor thank you