Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone want to sell their aluminum Myco? >

Anyone want to sell their aluminum Myco?

Notices

Anyone want to sell their aluminum Myco?

Old 04-25-2024, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 3,101 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Default Anyone want to sell their aluminum Myco?

That would fit a 38’ Top Gun?

or anyone know of someone??

thanks.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Anyone selling there winning powerball tickets?!?! Hahaha just bustin ya

I found that it’s nearly impossible to find used trailers that are an identical match. Good luck in your search!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by 1MOSES1:
1983ScarabIII (04-27-2024), thisistank (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 411 Likes on 244 Posts

Guessing your not liking the idea of dipping the trailer in the salt or trying to save some weight?
Old 04-26-2024, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Anyone selling there winning powerball tickets?!?! Hahaha just bustin ya

I found that it’s nearly impossible to find used trailers that are an identical match. Good luck in your search!!!
lol. Figure I’d just throw it out there.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Guessing your not liking the idea of dipping the trailer in the salt or trying to save some weight?
no, it’s not really that. The boats on a steal Pacific trailer that from
looling at it has never been in the ocean. When Ron built the boat he kept it on rack storage. Then it went to havasu for a couple years then to LOTO where it spent most of its life. The trailer wasn’t used much and appears
to have just kindve been stored. But even though there’s no serious rust on it, it needs a full overhaul and I’d like to put a storage box and a bow ladder on it. When I was loading the boat last week one of the internal rear bunks came off. Luckily didn’t damage the hull at all. But now I have to deal with fixing that. There’s no side running lights either which makes it difficult to see at night when turning.

i put disc brakes on it before it was towed out this way so it has new disc and EOH unit and all new hubs. My plan was to have adrenaline trailers in havasu strip it down repaint it and overhaul the whole thing. But they came back with a 20k quote! CTS And myco new build is right around 30. With a box and a bow ladder etc. can’t get manning to return my emails for a quote and I hear they’re not exactly quick on the build schedule anyway. I have an email
Into pacific trailers who do actually refurbish trailers and have a paint booth and can lift the boat. Waiting to hear back. But also, dunking a steel trailer in the ocean is just a ticking time bomb. So, yeah, I would rather have aluminum. Just weighing out all options. Most people tell me don’t bother just leave it. But the trailer needs paint and and drives me crazy when such a beautiful boat is sitting on a trailer that doesn’t match. And like I said the bow ladder makes things easier for the family
Old 04-26-2024, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 508 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
no, it’s not really that. The boats on a steal Pacific trailer that from
looling at it has never been in the ocean. When Ron built the boat he kept it on rack storage. Then it went to havasu for a couple years then to LOTO where it spent most of its life. The trailer wasn’t used much and appears
to have just kindve been stored. But even though there’s no serious rust on it, it needs a full overhaul and I’d like to put a storage box and a bow ladder on it. When I was loading the boat last week one of the internal rear bunks came off. Luckily didn’t damage the hull at all. But now I have to deal with fixing that. There’s no side running lights either which makes it difficult to see at night when turning.

i put disc brakes on it before it was towed out this way so it has new disc and EOH unit and all new hubs. My plan was to have adrenaline trailers in havasu strip it down repaint it and overhaul the whole thing. But they came back with a 20k quote! CTS And myco new build is right around 30. With a box and a bow ladder etc. can’t get manning to return my emails for a quote and I hear they’re not exactly quick on the build schedule anyway. I have an email
Into pacific trailers who do actually refurbish trailers and have a paint booth and can lift the boat. Waiting to hear back. But also, dunking a steel trailer in the ocean is just a ticking time bomb. So, yeah, I would rather have aluminum. Just weighing out all options. Most people tell me don’t bother just leave it. But the trailer needs paint and and drives me crazy when such a beautiful boat is sitting on a trailer that doesn’t match. And like I said the bow ladder makes things easier for the family

I wish you were closer to here in Ky. I have a friend that owns a local body shop that has repainted many trailers for me and other friends of ours. Stripping the paint and refinishing it usually runs around $2000 and a few hundred more for a candy color. I usually remove all the bunks and lights myself before taking it to him, also I have access to yard arm jacks to lift the boat off the trailer. I am in the process of refinishing my MYCO right now and updating all the lights, decals and hand polishing the entire trailer.
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bencini231
I wish you were closer to here in Ky. I have a friend that owns a local body shop that has repainted many trailers for me and other friends of ours. Stripping the paint and refinishing it usually runs around $2000 and a few hundred more for a candy color. I usually remove all the bunks and lights myself before taking it to him, also I have access to yard arm jacks to lift the boat off the trailer. I am in the process of refinishing my MYCO right now and updating all the lights, decals and hand polishing the entire trailer.
i appreciate that. Wish I was closer too! Lol
Old 04-27-2024, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 209 Posts

Have you tried Evolution trailers? They made me switch from Myco and frankly it is a better trailer by far in all aspects including pricing.

If you decide to go new that is........
The following 4 users liked this post by techman:
Craney (04-27-2024), KEYS DISEASE (04-27-2024), Sydwayz (04-27-2024), thisistank (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 10:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Might be worth pinging Phil and Brett. See if they have a customer that needs a "business expense" for the year, order a new "work trailer".

I will echo what has been said Evolution. They would be my top choice. McClain is another option.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Might be worth pinging Phil and Brett. See if they have a customer that needs a "business expense" for the year, order a new "work trailer".

I will echo what has been said Evolution. They would be my top choice. McClain is another option.
I reached out to a few people to keep an eye out.

I’ll check out evolution. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.