Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thought some of you selling parties might be interested.... >

Thought some of you selling parties might be interested....

Notices

Thought some of you selling parties might be interested....

Old 12-03-2002, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Thought some of you selling parties might be interested....

The following is the correspondance and requests thast have taken place with this listing company. I have achieved ZERO support from their customer service after numerous request. Once they receive their money, that's as far as it goes. The listing company is American Boat Listing. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Zack

Dear Sirs,

So, given the more than adequate time I've given you to respond to my request, I can assume you ARE a company that takes people's money and does not care about customer service from that point on? Based upon numerous requests for even a response over the last couple of months, I've received zero support.

Dear Sirs,

I would like my credit car refunded the full amount for your add placement fee. I was contacted over two months ago to place an add with your listing service. I was contacted on a Sat. afternoon and was told my add would appear the following Monday. I was also told I would receive an e-mail with a web address to send pictures for the listing. I was never notified again but my card did certainly receive the charges for the add placement. I was also told that my price was too low (by several thosand dollars), and there were five interested parties in my area looking for an identical boat to mine willing to pay your suggested asking price. I do not believe that to be the case now as there was never any correspondance, and believe I was falsely misled in order to be nudged into paying your listing add fee...(I don't believe there were ever any interested parties on your web sight).

I appreciate your cooperation on this matter.

Thanks You for Your Time,
Zack Richey
Old 12-03-2002, 08:36 AM
Registered

razor1115,

These clowns are well-known on the board - numerous posts about their "business practices." It seems they read from the same script to everyone, since they gave me the same line of b.s. when I was selling my boat. "5 buyers looking for a boat just like yours, just send us $$$ and it will be sold."

These guys must cruise boattraderonline all day, because they called me out of the blue 2 days after my ad went up on boat trader. Sorry to hear you got taken, I'd contest it with the credit card company - VISA, Amex, etc can be real bastards about possible fraudulent charges (and charging for services not delivered sure sounds fraudulent - or at least unethical - to me).

Good luck....
Old 12-03-2002, 08:52 AM
DonMan

Ahhhh, good `ol AMERICAN BOAT LISTING.
Yes, 2 days after my BoatTrader ad went up, they started calling me. Same guy, Nick somethingmaruther...
I was selling my boat way too cheap and believe it or not, they had 5, yes 5 clients waiting in line to purchase my boat! Yes, their clients already had bank approval, just needed to get with me for the sale details. Fortunately, I didn`t fall for their tactics. I told them if my boat was so cheap, it would sell in a few days anyway! It did, and they finally stopped calling me everday.
I`m very sorry to hear about your loss, I would contact your credit card company immediately!
Good Luck!!!
Donnie

Old 12-03-2002, 09:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya don't waiste your time with these clowns. Call up your credit card company and tell them the deal and they will send you the paper work to contest the charges. Some even let you do it over the phone. Then this clown will wonder why his money was taken out of his account. Believe it or not some times when a charge is disputed they will seize the whole damn account tell the problem is resolved

Jon
Old 12-03-2002, 09:23 AM
RickA

Same deal with me, they called out of the blue telling me they had several buyers for "just my type of boat" I had it listed with another web page and did not take their offer...Guess I was lucky !!

Old 12-03-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They still have the listing for the boat I bought nearly a year ago...the previous owner must be gettin pissed!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, with all of the law enforcement officers on this board, you would THINK some of them would try to do something about this. How often do we hear about this kind of stuff on this board!?! ALL THE TIME!

A lawsuit against these clowns would only produce an uncollectible judgment. A sting operation would only cost the price of a listing, a pic of a boat, and a few man-hours. It could be done in any state (they seem to solicit from all over the country) or by the federal government (wire fraud). I bet OSO members might put up the money for the listing.

Oh well, I guess those guys growing pot in their backyard are better headlines for the local paper.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:09 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

SUCKER!!!!!!!!! I fell for it too. Not even one phone call from them after they had a bunch of interested buyers.

Nice Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

They told me that, not only did they have several buyers for a boat like mine, they were going to advertise my boat at numerous boat shows around the country.

Right. Unfortunately, they couldn't tell me what shows they were talking about.... And the guy was an A-1 ******* when I told him I wasn't interested.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Registered

I don't recall the name, but there is another company doing the same thing, that is the same guys as ABL. Search an old thread and you may find it. I'm sure they use a similiar script.

Found the old thread: Old thread

The other guys listed do business as usedboatmagazine.com

ummmmmm no worky on that thread link.
Link should now worky

Last edited by McGary911; 12-04-2002 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Thought some of you selling parties might be interested....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.