Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
New idea for step pads beside rear seats?? >

New idea for step pads beside rear seats??

Notices

New idea for step pads beside rear seats??

Old 02-21-2003, 11:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 524 Posts
Default New idea for step pads beside rear seats??

New from Eddie Marine...
Does anyone have easy access to their 26' Prowler so you can measure the dimensions of those plastic pads that are in there? EMI offers two sizes, and these would look TRICK in place of what is there.

(My boat is in the Cover-it, 30 miles from home, under two covers.)
Attached Thumbnails New idea for step pads beside rear seats??-pad.jpg  
Old 02-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brian, I'm going to my boat this afternoon to jump the battery thru fuse panel. I'll measure the steps and post by this evening. I saw those step pads advertised also, but didn't think about swapping mine. It would be great if they fit, as I can see the white steps I have are going to be dirt magnets! Steve
Old 02-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The white steps are easy to clean. I have been thinking of hinging them to open and reveal cup holders like Formula does.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brian, I measured my step pads, they are 5 7/16 X 11 7/8. I took them off to see if you could use a narrower width, and you would need a minimum width of 4" to cover the holes from the 6 mounting screws. As far as the lenght, you would need something almost exact due to the fact that the mounting screws were at the ends of the pad ( at least mine were). Let us know what sizes are offered. Steve
Old 02-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 524 Posts

DAMN!! No go. The largest one offered is 3 3/8" Wide X 8 7/8" Long.

Thank you 509!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:50 AM
TeamSonic42

If you want to spend the money, you always could take your exisiting ones to a metal guy, and have some fabricated out of aluminum, then have them powder coated any color you wanted.
Then turn around and sell them to the rest of the Prowler guys ! I know Jesse James could come up with something. May want to talk to a custom bike shop, as they make up alot of stuff for the bikes.

509, how did the Fuse Panel jump work out ? You can get jump post terminals from www.summitracing.com. They mostly sell automotive stuff, but have recently started to carry marine carbs from Holley. The jump post terminals would be a nice factory standard offering. I guess they figure no one will ever have this problem or not have access to shore power. Im sure you could find several places to put the terminals on the Prowler. If I remember correctly the terminals have covers so shorting them with objects moving around should not be a concern. Cost under $20.00 a set.

Old 02-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Team Sonic 42, I was grateful for the idea. I made up some wire leads with alligator clips attached, used a portable battery booster pack and clipped on the backside terminals of the hatch switch and "abra kadabra" ! Thanks for the lead on the jump post terminals! Steve
Old 02-25-2003, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know if the other model sonics use the same size step as the 26 prowler? if they are the same then maybe we can get a group order fron eddie marine or get sonic to have them made.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:49 PM
TeamSonic42

I think the only Sonics that have these are the 26's. Maybe 28's. All else have the non skid walkway everwhere.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Team Sonic 42, Brian is referring to the step mounted directly in front of the rear bench armrest, it's not on the top of the gunnel in the non-skid. I know I've seen them on 31's and I think 35's also. Steve

Quick Reply: New idea for step pads beside rear seats??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.