Notices

Mack Semi for towing boat

Old 02-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i added huge fuel cells and don't stop often. johnny hates wide. when long comes to town they just stare. crossed fingers. over.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Heres a couple pics of the rig. The length law should not be an issue, thanks to the daycab and shorter frame.
Attached Thumbnails Mack Semi for towing boat-p3160011-small-.jpg   Mack Semi for towing boat-p3120004-small-.jpg  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

I dont think the traction should be an issue at the ramp. I get out of some nasty mud holes on excavating jobs as long as I use the power divider(so both rear axles engage).
Old 02-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by satisfied1
Here is one of ours with the 35 ex behind us. We have never had a problem pulling the boat out of a ramp just go slow and drop air bags.

Do you happen to have any closeups of your hitch assembly? Looks like you modified a standard pickup style hitch? Nice rig, always liked the classics.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop a 1 inch plate down with a new 2.5 square tube in it...with some back angles up to rails again...put your d rings on there...and some glad hands...put everything on there...put a 20 ton pintle above it all...between the glads..everything will line up correct for boats and eager beaver stuff....
Old 02-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try to hang some short flaps off the rear fenders to avoid the inevitable.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Registered

Mild

I will get you some pics this weekend.. Its been to damn cold to be outside but it is going to warm up. We are also having fiberglass fenders added to the truck to keep the rocks from flying. We have very little problems pulling up this ramp here in Indiana. Problems is there is just no rear weight. You might try moving the boat forward to help out.
Attached Thumbnails Mack Semi for towing boat-resize.jpg  
Old 02-29-2008, 04:14 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

I had a friend of mine do this...

he took the rear axle and moved it to the front position, threw away the front axle, shortened the frame accordingly and then made his own hitch, came out pretty good..... oh yeah, and he got rid of half the leaf's on the axle for a better ride... if you want a better ride, get rid of the front tandem axle, and make a direct driveshaft extension to the rear axle, and leave the frame alone. Trick setup today is to use the new Michelin super single rear tire on a super single Accuride alum rim. You can also throw away half the front springs as well...

JH
Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
Mild

I will get you some pics this weekend.. Its been to damn cold to be outside but it is going to warm up. We are also having fiberglass fenders added to the truck to keep the rocks from flying. We have very little problems pulling up this ramp here in Indiana. Problems is there is just no rear weight. You might try moving the boat forward to help out.
suite studio

Give me a shot next time you are purchasing.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I gotta say.....that is just plain cool. I love overkill. You guys have all the fun.

Quick Reply: Mack Semi for towing boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.