Trailer needed for 42 Fountain >

Trailer needed for 42 Fountain

Notices

Trailer needed for 42 Fountain

Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer needed for 42 Fountain

Does anyone have a trailer for a 42 that they want to sell? Want to spend $5000 or less. Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

I saw this one..not sure if it's what your looking for

http://www.teamshogren.com/toys-part...ernaehrung004:
Old 02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

I am selling the trailer for my 37 Active Thunder. You will need to adjust the bunks, but it may work for you. It has 3 - 6K lbs axles. Conservatively the trailer weighs 2K lbs, that gives you 16,000 lbs. of boat capacity. It has 2 axles of Kodiak Disk brakes, and a fresh water brake flush kit.

$4000

http://members.cox.net/activethunder37/photo.htm

http://mcclaintrailers.com/
Attached Thumbnails Trailer needed for 42 Fountain-tra.jpg   Trailer needed for 42 Fountain-trailer_back.jpg   Trailer needed for 42 Fountain-boat0017.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-06-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A friend of mine still had one from his 42 last fall. He no longer has the boat itself. Just dropped him a line to see if he still has the trailer. Will post back when I get a reply.
I think his boat was a '97 or so. Small steps.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Still has it. Can find out more if still interested. I image it's still in Indy

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-08-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

What ever you do - do NOT buy one of those cheap I-beam trailers that use u-bolts to hold them together. They are POS and will leave you stranded. Call Abel at South Austin Marine in Austin. They may have a Magnum Trailer of can get you one for about that price. I had one on with my 38 and it pulled better than my new Myco.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by aTX427
What ever you do - do NOT buy one of those cheap I-beam trailers that use u-bolts to hold them together. They are POS and will leave you stranded. Call Abel at South Austin Marine in Austin. They may have a Magnum Trailer of can get you one for about that price. I had one on with my 38 and it pulled better than my new Myco.
That's not exactly great info. Solid and adequate support for the hull is the most important thing when buying/choosing a trailer. Then you need to look at how you are going to use it. If you are going to spend a LOT of time towing, I agree that a welded aluminum or steel trailer is a smart purchase. However, if all you need a trailer for is two trips a year; between the lift and winter storage, then you don't need an extravagant trailer.

Both of my boats have been trailered Ocean to Ocean to Great Lake to ... etc. etc. etc. on bolt-together aluminum trailers with no ill effects.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

eeasy,
the trailer is a '96 Heritage. He also has a brand new EOH power unit never installed he bought a couple yrs ago. I think he said it was a Carlisle. Sure he'd make a deal on it also as he has no need for it.

I've seen the trailer, but didn't really look at it to give an opinion on it. He only used it twice a yr, in the last 5 yrs I've known him, to haul the boat to the lake in the spring, then back home in fall. With only a couple extra trips total during that same period. I didn't ask about price. If you want to contact him, drop me a line and I'll forward his email or phone #.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That's not exactly great info. Solid and adequate support for the hull is the most important thing when buying/choosing a trailer. Then you need to look at how you are going to use it. If you are going to spend a LOT of time towing, I agree that a welded aluminum or steel trailer is a smart purchase. However, if all you need a trailer for is two trips a year; between the lift and winter storage, then you don't need an extravagant trailer.

Both of my boats have been trailered Ocean to Ocean to Great Lake to ... etc. etc. etc. on bolt-together aluminum trailers with no ill effects.
EVERY person I kow with one of those trailers had issues. Glad you didn't - your boat is a lot lighter than a loaded 42L and you are probably smart enough to check the bolts torque on a regular basis.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
eeasy,
the trailer is a '96 Heritage. He also has a brand new EOH power unit never installed he bought a couple yrs ago. I think he said it was a Carlisle. Sure he'd make a deal on it also as he has no need for it.

I've seen the trailer, but didn't really look at it to give an opinion on it. He only used it twice a yr, in the last 5 yrs I've known him, to haul the boat to the lake in the spring, then back home in fall. With only a couple extra trips total during that same period. I didn't ask about price. If you want to contact him, drop me a line and I'll forward his email or phone #.
I would be interested in seeing pics of this trailer as it is already set up for a Fountain, just have to adjust for the bigger steps. Send me his email or phone to [email protected]. Dont have PM access because I never renewed when there was such poor server speed last year.

Last edited by eeasy; 02-09-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: no pm acccess

Quick Reply: Trailer needed for 42 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.