Default Why no AVH on the 28?

Was just wondering?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Why no AVH on the 28?

Originally Posted by OffshoreTom
Was just wondering?
We get asked this question all the time.

Quite honestly the length/weight of the boat with the 525 runs quick enough and handles so well that we aren't in a hurry to mess with perfection.

For a few mph gain in speed the ventilated bottom could possibly make the smaller AT a handful to drive. We just aren't interested in that.

It's an incredable boat with the largest cabin and the most cockpit depth/ freeboard available for it's size. And in reality it dwarfs other boats with a much larger, advertised, LOA.

Call us or e-mail anytime if we can help you further!

Thanks, Pat
Old 07-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no steps no pads stright 24 degree bottom = rough water perfection in a true 28 ft boat. it don't need no stinking stepp
Old 07-30-2006, 03:22 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can vouch for that, I have a Larson with the Duo Delta Conic hull similar to Actives and I can see why they only made this 25 ft boat with a full step for 3 years. Its a handfull at high speed. Pluses are higher speeds and great better Gph.

Some things that affect the handling is Larson put a pad behind the step, where Active did not, correct me if Im wrong on the Active. I wish they did not put the pad on mine
because it tends to slide out too easy in turns.

Schoell's designs and creativity have spawned another revolution with the creation of the Duo Conic Hull. This patented design has revolutionized high speed planning hull performance standards and has captured the imagination of the marine industry. A number of the industry's best-known performance boat builders have selected the Duo Delta Conic Hull as the performance platform of choice in their newest product offerings.

The guy behind the DDC patents

http://www.schoellmarine.com/about.htm

http://www.schoellmarine.com/conic.htm

All I can say is the New 33 AVH is the bomb I want one!
Attached Thumbnails Why no AVH on the 28?-boatair.jpg  

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 07-30-2006 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered

I would agree that 33 is awesome and I can definatly say that is the boat that I want, but seeing as how fuel prices are goin to $4.00 a gallon I flat out refuse to buy a boat with 2 motors. I don't care how much money I have i'm flat out not gonna do it. Which brings me back to the 28 or maybe fountain 29. I'll be in Miami this year for the show I'll check them all out, but if A/T builds a 28 AVH with some custom paint. I would definatly be willing to take number 1. Until then my 27' Vindicator is gettin it done.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Cool Re: Why no AVH on the 28?

Originally Posted by OffshoreTom
I would agree that 33 is awesome and I can definatly say that is the boat that I want, but seeing as how fuel prices are goin to $4.00 a gallon I flat out refuse to buy a boat with 2 motors. I don't care how much money I have i'm flat out not gonna do it. Which brings me back to the 28 or maybe fountain 29. I'll be in Miami this year for the show I'll check them all out, but if A/T builds a 28 AVH with some custom paint. I would definatly be willing to take number 1. Until then my 27' Vindicator is gettin it done.
believe me when I tell ya you do not want the 28 to have the stepp it just doesn't need it! drive one and you will see it does everthing you need for a 28 ft just as it is.