What's the differance? >

What's the differance?

Notices

What's the differance?

Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Considering that I have a 27 ft Formula, w/ a sigle step design, this thread got me thinkin, and wonderin, and prompted me to ask the question. Why DOES my boat have a step? There is alot to read on the subject at the US Patent Office...

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/

Search on "stepped hull" and you should get 39 returns concerning stepped hulls

Google search found this...http://www.rbbi.com/folders/pat/regal/regal.htm

Last edited by slivings; 04-12-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

I wonder how the hell you can compare an AT and a Sunsation to a Sea Ray. No comparsion! I have ridden in a 28AT and there is only one word that would describe the ride, sick!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slivings
Considering that I have a 27 ft Formula, w/ a sigle step design, this thread got me thinkin, and wonderin, and prompted me to ask the question. Why DOES my boat have a step? There is alot to read on the subject at the US Patent Office...

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/

Search on "stepped hull" and you should get 39 returns concerning stepped hulls

Google search found this...http://www.rbbi.com/folders/pat/regal/regal.htm
Pat won't be haveing any trouble with Harry believe me.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Steps have their pros and cons. I have heard of alot of step boats spinning out at low speeds due to the step - especially sunsation.
You cannot turn a stepped-hull boat in the same manner as a traditional deep vee. I've turned the new quad-stepped Sunsation F-4 at 40 and 50 MPH and you cannot tell it from a non-stepped boat. Key is where you have the drives set before you enter the turn and how you control the power through the turn. No offshore-style boat, regardless of hull design, is intended to turn like a slot car.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I wonder how the hell you can compare an AT and a Sunsation to a Sea Ray. No comparsion! I have ridden in a 28AT and there is only one word that would describe the ride, sick!!!
The 28 AT is a significantly bigger boat than the 288 Sunsation. A 29 Sea Ray doesn't fall into the same category of boat as it is more of a large runabout/daycruiser. Having never ridden in a 28 AT, I would imagine it rides as good or better than a lot of 30' boats out there. It is a large, deep boat. I would love to own one someday.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
The 28 AT is a significantly bigger boat than the 288 Sunsation. A 29 Sea Ray doesn't fall into the same category of boat as it is more of a large runabout/daycruiser. Having never ridden in a 28 AT, I would imagine it rides as good or better than a lot of 30' boats out there. It is a large, deep boat. I would love to own one someday.
You and me both. Now if i could just find that money tree.

My next boat will be a Active Thunder(I hope)
Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread makes me wonder why donzi has a step in the
22ZX.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Where the HELL in this thread did I compare anything to anything I simply stated that those were viable purchase options for me, and last time I checked I was spending my money so I think I can compare whatever I want to. If I don't find what I want in the 27'-30' go fast market then I am thinking of sacrificing the speed for the luxury of Sea Ray or similar type boat. Pat stated clearly what his intentions were for the 28' in this thread. Nobody would know if return on his investment would be worth it like him. However, if say a 28' or 29' DDC thought pops back into his mind in the near future I'll fly down with my deposit in hand for # 1. Pat, thanks for responding to this thread.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

I enjoy my 28AT very much....To say the least! HOWEVER...If you are looking for speed alone, there are faster hulls. But no other 28-30' boat will run like it in 2-4's....WOT with slight tab and slicin' right on through! My twin 28AT is a true offshore performance boat that gets about 3mpg @ 3800 rpm's...2.2mpg @ 4800. It's a blast and when I'm ready to move up, it will be a 33 or 37 AT, of course!
Attached Thumbnails What's the differance?-active-thunder-pics-engine-etc..jpg   What's the differance?-pokerrun-pics-2005.jpg   What's the differance?-pokerrun-pics-2005-7-.jpg  

Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well Said Spilman. Now.....what are those peices above your exhaust?

Quick Reply: What's the differance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.