Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Thunderstruck hits 90 mph >

Thunderstruck hits 90 mph

Notices

Thunderstruck hits 90 mph

Old 05-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking Thunder. Congrats on the speed. My little brother has a 98 32 AT. They just upgraded the 540 Bulldogs to 572ci. He was making 680hp on the dyno at 6000rpm with full accesories. I believe he is around the 92-93 mark. he is still doing some testing. he is trying to get to 100mph mark. I will have to let him know about this thread.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sounds like a nose cone candidate.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Indeed - Mark and I live about 20 minutes from eachother. I've talked to him a month or so ago and he is definitely a really good guy and is certainly a wealth of knowledge for what I'm doing!

The only difference, and I'm not sure if it's a big one is that Mark's running extension boxes and possibly a different starting X-dimension than I am.

I should be ready to fire motors next week and hope to be in the water trying props by the weekend of June 8!!

Somebody from Kentucky seems to have run off with my money after I ordered my heads long ago... THANKFULLY, Bob Teague was able to help me out and sent me some beautiful AFR's that they had just built the same week I called. I'm thrilled to have heads, but still need to "find" my other set.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
Indeed - Mark and I live about 20 minutes from eachother. I've talked to him a month or so ago and he is definitely a really good guy and is certainly a wealth of knowledge for what I'm doing!

The only difference, and I'm not sure if it's a big one is that Mark's running extension boxes and possibly a different starting X-dimension than I am.

I should be ready to fire motors next week and hope to be in the water trying props by the weekend of June 8!!

Somebody from Kentucky seems to have run off with my money after I ordered my heads long ago... THANKFULLY, Bob Teague was able to help me out and sent me some beautiful AFR's that they had just built the same week I called. I'm thrilled to have heads, but still need to "find" my other set.
Sorry to here about your bad luck with the head guy. sounds like you got it taken care of. Mark is a super guy. I have not met him yet, but I have spoken to him when I redid my Thunder. Mark has alot of knowledge. Post some pics of your motors and boat. I dont have a paid membership here, so I cant post any.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered

I have the boat nearly finished, by tonight, all I should have left is engine rigging... however, I do need to make some brackets from some aluminum I just picked up. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I have the pieces together The parts have looked really nice in boxes for the past 6 months... time to put it all together.

Madkat - where do you run out of? Do you still have your Thunder or are you in a 38' Powerquest (per your profile).
Old 06-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
I have the boat nearly finished, by tonight, all I should have left is engine rigging... however, I do need to make some brackets from some aluminum I just picked up. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I have the pieces together The parts have looked really nice in boxes for the past 6 months... time to put it all together.

Madkat - where do you run out of? Do you still have your Thunder or are you in a 38' Powerquest (per your profile).
Tibbs,

I am Madkats brother. He has the membership here and I have my membership on speedwake. I go by Thunderman98 over there. We just felt that it wouldnt make sense for both of us to pay for 2 memberships to the same sites, so we just use each others names so we can enjoy both. I still have my 98 32 AT. I restored it over a period of 4 yrs. I completly gutted it and redid everything from new graphics,paint, interior, rurail,carpet,refreshed motors, gauges, intercom system, etc. The boat that I own was the only 32 ever built with the 540 Bulldog package. We redid the motors last year. we turned them into 572 ci and they made 680 hp on the dyno at 6000 rpm and 655 lbs TQ at 5000 rpm with full acessories. The blocks are original Mark 4 Bowtie tall decks with Lunatie 4.375 stroker cranks and 6.535 Carrillo rods. Custom JE pistons. Internal Balanced to 3 thousandth of a gram, custom cams ( specs secret), did head work to original heads and installed 2.30 I and 1.90 E valves. Dart Intake and custom Holley carbs. We locked out the timing at 36 and had to have custom CMI dry tails made do to some reversion problems. She idles at 6-650 in gear and about 1000 out of gear. The best I have gotten the boat up to is about 92 GPS. Still doing some fine tuning and prop work. I am hoping by the time we are all done, I would like to be in the 95-100 mph mark. I boat on Erie and St.Clair side. Glad to see that there is another Thunder in Mi. I believe it was only Kaama and myself with the only 32 in Mi. I know Rsteiny got his boat from Joe Scroki up here. met him a few times and also met Rick once. I met him when Joe was out takin him for a test ride and they were hanging out in Muskemoot. I think there is a 25 running around here also. Have to hook up sometime soon. What is your email address. I can send you some pics

Chris

Last edited by Madkat; 06-06-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Tibbs, you get in the water yet?? Let us know some numbers.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Madcat Chris, what drives/props are you running??
Old 06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Madcat Chris, what drives/props are you running??

Thunder,

Im am running 30 B-1 4 blades and stock B-1 drives. I am turning the 30 at 59-6000. I want to try a set of 32 B-1. I am going to try and get out this wknd and run some numbers with the gps to get a accurate speed calculation. The last time I tried, I was only able to hold WOT for about 5-10 sec and didnt have time to really do any trimming or tab adjustments. I have been trying to take it easy on the drives so they dont let loose on me. I was considering the nose cone idea, but I had heard from a few people that they would not give me any results. I also have the LWP and the notched transom.

Last edited by Madkat; 06-06-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

Still not out yet, I'm taking Friday off to finish the engines and hopefully install by the end of the weekend. I should be running in the driveway by the late weekend to early in the week

It looks like my only remaining back ordered part is a power steering pulley - go figure.

I'm trying to get some demo props coming to try 2 different combinations right off the bat. I'll let you guys know when I get it out there. I'm starting with B1-32's and possibly some 5 blade clever styles from Throttleup.

I am not running nose-cones right now. I thought I'd add them later to control my variables a little.

Quick Reply: Thunderstruck hits 90 mph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.