Thunderstruck hits 90 mph

Notices

Thunderstruck hits 90 mph

Old 07-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Correct and that was me

Its been a great boat so far. I've had it a month and probably put about 15 hrs on it. We're heading to LOTO with it for the weekend.
Cant wait to see it
We will be riding w/ Dennis (BajaPit) if you know him.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja232Brian
Cant wait to see it
We will be riding w/ Dennis (BajaPit) if you know him.
We know BP and Nancy. See you guys this wknd. Its gonna be a heck of a party.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
Well, I'm starting to get close on the rerig project... been in the water

I've had a few minor issues that have majorly been slowing me down in the water... For one, until last week, I've had a drive trim issue that was baffling me - finally figured it out and it's working correctly now.

Now I'm to the point where I'm coast guard compliant (no leaks) and I've started opening it up. I've also had to work on getting good temperature in the engines... had to restrict my water flow a little. Hit 5000 rpm yesterday for a short amount of time at 85 gps with 32 B1's on flat calm conditions. I have not run it at 5000 for more than 3-5 seconds, so I'm not giving it enough time, (been running inland - and 85's illegal) my slip has been 16-18%... I expect it should drop a little with more time at that RPM (the speed should also go up). I'm running a 97 32' hull with no work done on it - what slip should I see? I know Thunderstruck reported 9.5% - but on a notched hull.

Is that a good assumption?... I know the only way to know is to try it, but I'm supposed to be at 5600-5800 with my peak horsepower... I am over propped. I'm running standard Bravo I XZ's right now, no nose-cones too.

Sounds like she is coming along real well. Very interested in what you final speed is. I am haveing the hardest time trying to find a set of 32 to try. anybody around me have a set?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Madkat
Sounds like she is coming along real well. Very interested in what you final speed is. I am haveing the hardest time trying to find a set of 32 to try. anybody around me have a set?
I have a set of labbed 32" 4-bladed Bravo Ones you could try, but I live way over here on the west side of the state. Do you plan on going to Hardy Dam this year for Hot Boat Weekend (weekend after Labor Day)?
How about you Tibbs? You planning on being at Hardy this year for the Hot Boat weekend?

I plan on being there along with a friend of mine with his 32' A/T with 556cid supercharge engines called "Severe Turbulance".
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered

how does that one run 100 plus??
Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Yeah, inquiring minds want to know!!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteiny
If you guys are asking about my friend's (Ken) 32' A/T with the newly rebuilt this past winter supercharged dyno tested 556cid 815hp engines....uh well, actually his boat can NOT pull away from me.

A couple weekends ago in South Haven we hung around together and we raced each other about 5 times and every time we were dead even---he can't pull me and I can't pull him either. Even in the midrange he cannot pull away from me---I'm right there with him. The best we saw that day in South Haven was 91mph with the humidity.....and the best he said he has seen so far this year is 94mph at 5400rpm with labbed 32" 4-bladed Bravo One props.

Naturally, I would expect his supercharged engines to kick my arss with the same boat, but that isn't the case here.

I will tell you that my naturally aspirated 565cid engines are NOT anywhere near the power output of his engines so, the only thing I can attribute it to is my engine combination as well as the set-up I have hanging off the transom of my boat----extension boxes, -2 IMCO shorties w/built-in nose cones and 5-bladed P5X's props.

I have to say the Ken's drives do NOT have nose cones and I feel that with his power output that he would walk away from me if he had the nosecones and I told him that. We both turned 5400rpm @WOT with our engines that day in South Haven.

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-23-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I have a set of labbed 32" 4-bladed Bravo Ones you could try, but I live way over here on the west side of the state. Do you plan on going to Hardy Dam this year for Hot Boat Weekend (weekend after Labor Day)?
How about you Tibbs? You planning on being at Hardy this year for the Hot Boat weekend?

I plan on being there along with a friend of mine with his 32' A/T with 556cid supercharge engines called "Severe Turbulance".
Kaama,

Not sure if I will make it over to that side of the state this year. Been so busy with work and not fun time on the water. We have a poker run on the 7-9. I will let you know. Maybe I can make the drive over there and borrow them for the week and then drive them back to you. Thanks for the offer
Old 08-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Registered

KAAMA - I'm planning on hot boat weekend! Question is, are the Hardy police going to be busting us if I run loud exhaust These Holland/Grand Haven police have had me on best behavior for a while, I'd love to pull the mufflers so that the Active Thunder name makes sense - I sound like a sail boat in the channels right now Goodness knows that's not good.

I DO have 32p Bravo I's - not labbed that you can borrow... so if you're at Hot boat weekend - that would be a great place to try them out I need to try some combos myself. 32's are my best speed prop so far, but too much (perhaps nose cones will make these necessary). I'm not going to do nose cones until this winter I've decided.

All I know so far is that the fastest I've gone is 85 and I'm getting a prop slip around 18-20%... I have not been in "good" speed conditions and have not had the time to mess with breaking the boat loose. No control issues whatsoever with the Bravo I's... I am a little light in the bow in rough water, I think a stern lifting prop is worth a try.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Registered

Maybe you could try a set of Hydromotives from Throttle up. They labbed a set for me and the 4 blade is a stern lifter.

Quick Reply: Thunderstruck hits 90 mph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.