Notices

Answer to AT question:

Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 551 Posts
Default Answer to AT question:

Originally Posted by haulinvols
...What is custom about your boats other than paint and hardware?...
The Active Thunder 37 Excess AVH gives you 2 major choices when you build your boat..

1. Do you want a cabin liner or a custom built/designed cabin.
Cabin liner creates a one piece drop in cabin from the dash/head all the way to the tip of the V-berth. This gives you a smooth flowing interior with defined storage compartments/closets, U-shaped couch, and other touches. Custom built interior allows you to get more radical with finish materials like carpet, leather, brushed stainless and aluminum, built in coolers, hardwoods and laminates and Corian. INFINITE color and material choices exist. Depending on options the custom built interior is usually a little lighter overall. Structural bulkheads are identical with both builds; and hull/boat integrity is equal.

2. Do you want center entry cabin w/ split front bolsters or side entry cabin with side/side front bolsters?. Center entry gets you the old school look. Side entry gets you the HUGE walk in head/shower, which also allows you to stand in the deepest part of the boat, the center. This REALLY tends to please the wife/girlfriend as there is room to actually primp if needed.
2A. Do you want a drop in third bolster?

Then you get to pick your cabin and cockpit vinyl, carbon-fiber, leather, Leatherette material options, etc.
Next comes electronics like stereo from mild to noise violation ticket, electronics like GPS and VHF, gauges/Smartcraft etc. etc. Do you want a slide cabin door or split-hinge cabin door?

What do you want for power? Obviously, the popular Mercury options are available, but do you want something a little more radical like Teague or Raylar?

The Active Thunder 33 Evolution AVH also has several build options like 1 and 2, as well as all of the options aforementioned. The Active Thunder 28 Savage is one of the 'biggest' 28s on the market, and it can also be as custom as you want. Who knows, you may even see a pair of OBs hanging off of a new one soon.

There are no stock graphics packages or paint designs. EVERY boat starts with a blank canvas. Active Thunder has in house designers to take paint/graphics/materials from simple and sleek, to absolutely radical. Active Thunder also has a separate division, INXS Motorsports, that will paint and/or renovate just about anything you can get to the factory. If you want all fucia-red powdercoated hardware and yellow painted valve-covers and intake manifold; done. If you are want the front bolsters a little wider, taller, and further back due to driver size, done; as well as a taller windscreen. If you want a leopard print cabin headliner, with matching LED dancing lights; just ask, and its yours.

You also become a part of the Active Thunder family, including special events and trips usually throughout the fall/winter like the annual Thunder Run. The Active Thunder owners tend to be of a ‘unique’ breed shall we say, as showcased often here on OSO; in this forum and others.

Active Thunder offers a LIFETIME warranty for the original owner. We can also configure your purchase package to include 5-year extended powertrain warranty depending on setup chosen.

I don’t want to give away too many early secrets about the next 37’ Active Thunder; but rest assured its going to be mind blowing. This will be a very different boat for Active Thunder; also powered by 700SCI/NX1 drives.

Take a look at this boat for a taste of what's to come next:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=162364

Production builders may build one boat of this custom caliber per year for promotions and the Poker Run circuit. Active Thunder builds EVERY boat at this custom caliber level; depending on the owner’s wishes. Its not just another go-fast hull with a fancy paint job. Once you ride in one, you will be impressed.

Take a look at this thread for details on the AT DDC bottom:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...3&postcount=82

Lastly, you have VERY easy access to the folks at Active Thunder. Pat Haughey, the founder of Active Thunder actively posts here on OSO, and posts his cell phone number. If you will call the factory, you are likely to get Jay Ross on the phone, former founder of SonicUSA, and now VP of Active Thunder. And if you don't want to be so forward, just look me up one of 8 different ways, and I'll get you anything you need (within reason ).

Brian Tillett
ActiveThunderAVH(a)aol.com
www.ActiveThunderBoats.com

BTW, The Active Thunder website is currently under major renovation, and the OSO advertiser package is pending once the website redo is complete.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-16-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Brian,

That is good information.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

No doubt, I would love to see more outboard performance boats.

When I do make the move to twins and a larger boat, that will be a big plus with me.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, WTF!

Steve
Old 09-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 551 Posts

Mistaken identity lead to thread going way off track, and it had more info about another manufacturer than it did AT. I have the thread in its entirety for future reference if needed. Not a big deal, and my apologies for the mistaken identity.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Mistaken identity lead to thread going way off track, and it had more info about another manufacturer than it did AT. I have the thread in its entirety for future reference if needed. Not a big deal, and my apologies for the mistaken identity.
Agreed, thanks for the response.

Steve
Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 958 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Glad you had the ability to repair the thread after it went off track. I was just answering Cosmic's thought on custom vs. production boats. Next time you get to Pompano, run those AT's north an hour so one of the two Jupiter's can buy you a beer!
Old 09-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
Brian, WTF!

Steve
Really!!! Did I say something wrong? mighty keeper of the thread. I didn't even get to see what was said back to me. This is the 2nd time that this has happened, If anything I said offened someone so be it, but I think I should have a chance to read it. For some reason I thought it was a public fourm.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 958 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Really!!! Did I say something wrong? mighty keeper of the thread. I didn't even get to see what was said back to me. This is the 2nd time that this has happened, If anything I said offened someone so be it, but I think I should have a chance to read it. For some reason I thought it was a public fourm.
Cosmic my response was the quote from Bob Teague regarding the custom (not production) features of the F4.
Nothing bad was said but Brian felt it took away from the thread topic, which in hindsight I agree totally.

Quick Reply: Answer to AT question:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.