Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I'm kinda insulted......
I bought yours didn't I??
Old 09-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These boats are amazing sometimes I think they are to good in the water, Bob & Shari are good friends and we were out in thier 2000 37 (now up to about 860 hours and still running mid 80's with 500's) and we were running in the channel, coming at us is this huge 48ft sportfish just plowing water, so I am like sweet something that might get this boat out of the water, Bob gave it a little more throttle hit the wave right and there was nothing but dissapointment, the boat barely hopped he looked over at me and shrugged.

I love my 32 and some have told me it does better than a 35 Fountain, but Bob & Shari always joke when we get into 5-6ft waves they go by holding up thier martini glasses.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey...don't scare me too much here! One of the things my wife LOVES about the beaker is that we FLY when the water gets bumpy...and it still feels really alive on a flat day. Test drove a Cafe a couple years ago and neither of us really liked it because it felt like driving a garbage truck.

James, I'm pretty slammed every weekend thru October, but I may ring you up (if the boat is still around!) sometime later that month.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Hey...don't scare me too much here! One of the things my wife LOVES about the beaker is that we FLY when the water gets bumpy...and it still feels really alive on a flat day. Test drove a Cafe a couple years ago and neither of us really liked it because it felt like driving a garbage truck.

James, I'm pretty slammed every weekend thru October, but I may ring you up (if the boat is still around!) sometime later that month.
No worries about that Mike. I've launched my boat PLENTY of times when the conditions are right. Skying 15-20 feet in the air is shear AMAZING, case in point; Chicago last summer. Its just a shame I have never had a helicopter close by when doing so.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sydwayz I know you are telling the truth, but I have to know what speed + wave height + Miller Lite bottles = 20ft out of the water.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

45-50 mph (at times) in consistent 6-8s with 10-12 foot holes on the backsides; Chicago Poker Run; 2006. There were times I had enough time to kill the engines, and start them again before we came down. We were not 20' high above normal sea, but we did fall 15+ feet a few times from crest to trough. I will NEVER forget that day. In the pic I posted above, the wave to my SB is actually bigger than the one to my Port.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

He ain't lyin'. That was a BIIIIG day out there! This year's run was a little better solid 4-6s...Michelle and I were alone in the boat for the morning run - we ran with the OSO Cig for a while in that snot - launched off a big one and did a SOLID 3-count before we landed! We were both screaming our heads off - it was great! But, like your circumstance Brian, no helo at that time!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Key West last year crb76 and us had Jass, Sandy, Booger and Dawn along with Ashley and Brenda and we are leaving the Harbor heading out in the Atlantic and its running solid 2-3s in the shallow water and here comes a 85-95 foot yacht moving along at speed and kicking some serious water behind with some holes and Clark nails it and trims up more and we run across the top of it. Make a sharp turn and heading back here comes a Top Gun running a Cat and they hit the same wake..cat launches level across the top and the TG goes verticle and heads for the moon. Like I have always said ..a step 37 flies if the wave falls out from under it..no matter the size.
Learning to drive this bottom(I learned in Harry's Infinity before I owned an AT) is a hoot at first. There are times you think it's going to take one over the bow and but you stay dry because the front half is lifting of the next wave while the back half is surfing down the past wave. Hard to explain..you just GOT TO DO IT to know.
When you get that bottom and power hooked up its like a rocket on rails.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Harry told me at the beginning.."If your out of the water and flying ..your slowing down"..how true how true!!

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 09-10-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

That was one of the first things I did with some other boaters on board. We were coming into a harbor and saw a HUGE sportfish getting on plane and headed right for there wake, everyone on board prepared for a jolt and they were all amazed at how well it took the rough water. A pure joy too drive.

Quick Reply: 37 in Classifieds 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.