Notices

28AT vs 25OL

Old 12-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by risky
The other one in the classifieds, with the yellowish paint.
I think that is SunCoast Daves old boat. I didn't know it was in Conn
Old 12-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered

Default Cosmic

That is a sweet looking boat--hope to see you in one again soon..So this can't be called a thread-jack----DO NOT PICK A BAJA OVER AN ACTIVE THUNDER THAT WOULD BE JUST WRONG......
Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

Default He sold it to this guy in Conn.

I guess it sold a year ago and is up again, nice looking boat, but your paint was nicer looking....
Old 12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

I live in mid-michigan, currently working in raleigh, NC area. A ride in an AT would be great. Anyone on this thread know the owner of the '04 yelllow in classifieds?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Registered

Contact Spiiman on the board I think he is in N.C. somewhere. His is one of only 2 twin small block 28s built, but you can get a very good idea of what they are like by looking at his. I'm sure he would be happy to show it.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Contact Spiiman on the board I think he is in N.C. somewhere. His is one of only 2 twin small block 28s built, but you can get a very good idea of what they are like by looking at his. I'm sure he would be happy to show it.
Baja Man, I am in N Raleigh/WF area and would be glad to give you a showing anytime. If you are still working here in March, we can go for a ride. I just winterized 2 weeks ago. Plus, the lake is EMPTY!! Worst drought in recorded history.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I live in mid-michigan, currently working in raleigh, NC area. A ride in an AT would be great. Anyone on this thread know the owner of the '04 yelllow in classifieds?
The owner is kicking around the idea of a 33AT. He is a super nice guy. Is he not responding to the contact info in the ad? If not, let me know.

The boat was previously owned by another OSO member, who put the custom paint on it. It had similar coloring to the 2005 28AT in the classifieds. Its an original 525EFI boat. There are some old threads about it during the paint stages; about 18-24 months go. I think the previous owner is/was Suncoastdave or similar. You will have to pony up to OSO to view the pics in the thread though.

Is there anything else I can answer for you? Let me know.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=R Addiction;2353381]
Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
You'll never look back.[/QUOTE

I look back all the time....wondering where all the bajas are
Thats funny....
Old 12-04-2007, 08:53 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rarely see custom v-hulls in front of my Baja for long, and certainly none with only 525 power!

However, although I rave about the qualities of the 25OL, which is designed to tick as many of the boxes of fast boat customers looking for a dealer supported brand, I too have looked admiringly at the AT28.
It does look like an offshoreboat should, and the extra length in this single engined weight class is a big bonus.

A 29 single Baja isnīt a good comparison because it is alot bulkier (but has alot more space in the cabin) and wouldnīt see much above 70 mph with one 525.

One of the features of the 25OL that Iīve really come to appreciate is the driving position. Whether seated or standing, the relationship from bolster to wheel, throttles and footrest is well thought out and helps to make handling the boat driven fast in rough conditions a joy. Many older Cigs and Apaches appear to have the wheel in the same low, but vertical postion as the AT28, but I still canīt follow the logic of it.

I take it you donīt drive sitting down at all. I always sit when driving fast as I feel that I have more "seat of pants" contact with the boat and my hands can more freely control steering throttles and trims.
Iīm sure youīll admit that 75 mph + in a sub 5000 pound boat calls for active driving, whether it is an AT or a Baja.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

I agree the 29 isn't really a good comparison, but it is closer to the 28 A.T. than the 25. You are correct a single 29 would not be much of a performance boat. Hence my point that there really is nothing out there to compare it to, it really is a stand alone boat and that in it self is a great thing. As I have said before you won't have to see another one at every place you go. I always sit when driving and was very happy with the way the helm was on my A.T.s. The only time I stood up was to dock or when I wanted wind in my face because the faring and screen worked a little to good,and my knees are shot from standing up to much in other brands and getting beat the death. Never had to worry about trim, for the drive it was on my thumb and when it was set it pretty much stayed that way and I never needed the tabs, only if I had to many or to heavy people on one side or the other. Active driveing? well I really don't know what you mean by that. If messing with trim and tab or have to constantly correct steering, well that tells me you are in the wrong boat. Every Baja I have driven has been a handful and not at all enjoyable. I said it before and stand by it, Baja builds a nice boat for the masses and for the price. Some of us just know better.

Quick Reply: 28AT vs 25OL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.