notactivethunderonly.com >

notactivethunderonly.com

Notices

notactivethunderonly.com

Old 03-20-2002, 09:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat keep posting, you've got to be full of knowledge that we can all benifit from ,some (3) are just jealous of who you are and what you own, but I feel it's a privledge to speak with any boat manufacture, I know I'll never see the owner of Baja here, hell I think my next boat will be an Active Thunder, How much for a 25 with a 496 ho? P.S. post on the general discusion also I only came here because I heard you were here
Old 03-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Pat,

FWIW......I am new to this form of powerboating within the last year. I do not own an AT. (would like to though) This is coming from someone that usually sits and watches w/o any desire to get involved in flame throwing at all.

I have yet to see you or anyone from this owner's forum reply to a thread without someone asking a question about your product. Just makes sense to me, if someone asks a question about your brand of boat, your gonna reply. Duh! I find it really hard to understand some of the threads that were started based on what I've seen. Just don't understand how you guys could be guilty of boasting about your boats when someone asked you about them! Sheesh.

Anyway, I thought your actions in the general forum were a class act myself. You did a hell of a lot better than I would have under the circumstances. I actually found the replies to WCC quite humurous and justified myself. I'm quite sure others agree.

You, and the people in this forum have made me feel welcome even though I am not one of you. I will remember this when the time comes, trust me.

I wish more of the manufacturers would get involved like yourself. I'd give anything to be able to talk w/ someone from Wellcraft on here. I don't see it happening though. I'd be willing to bet the the Baja guys agree with me about their boats too. They'd love to have someone come on from the factory and answer their questions.

I realize that you have to reply in the General Discussion area with a certain amount of unbiased. If you didn't it would be taken all wrong. Probably worse then it already has.

Don't change a thing. Your owners, this forum, and OffShore boaters will all suffer if you do.

Peace.

Buck
Old 03-21-2002, 12:07 AM
Registered

Pat,

I'd like to see all manufactures post. Most manufactures are scared to actually post. They fear more damage than good will come from it.

I remember the one moron that bashed your boats in H2O's post a couple of months ago. I LMAO as you put him in his place. These 10 post wonders need to be ignored. We have a lot of comedians on the board. This makes some posts very entertaining. If some of the comments were given in person one would know that a person is joking. The writing style of some members comes out funny. Another member can mean the same thing and it touches a nerve.

MInightRider's parody with AT compared to a Bayliner! I like AT's but LMAO at the post and hopefully most others did too. After seeing B4M's picture I wondered if you guys could do that for me if I purchase a 37'. A beak and left handed throttle's, that would be cool!!!! I don't want to be charged the 42' price. Keep posting! I hope to see you and your boats over the summer.

Dan
Old 03-21-2002, 12:29 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Thumbs up

I wish more manufacturers were involved with the message boards. However, it can be a double edged sword as we have all seen.

I think it is a breath of fresh air that you have ideas and want to share them with the boating public (this board.) And you are willing to listen to our ideas. I say this because the custom boat industry as a whole is severly lacking in the customer service department. Whether it be pre-sale, sale, post-sale, or repair service it can downright suck to buy and own a new boat.

Please continue to post in the General Discussion area. Only the short sighted will believe that it is only a sales pitch.

My ideas:

Customer service after the sale. This isn't revolutionary but few manufacturers truely take care of the customer after the sale. Especially with warranty repairs.

More useable storage space designed into the boat. It woud be nice to have convenient stowage for the fenders.

Built in ice chests that have built in insulation.

If you want more women saying yes to their husband "go ahead and buy the bigger boat" build a useable head that you can actually move around.

Easy access to the deck for docking. Especially from the cockpit up and over the faring.

I'll probably think of more later
Old 03-21-2002, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Pat. I too agree that more manufacturers should play a part on this board...both in their respective forum and in the General Discussion area(because we know that's where all the dirty laundry gets aired) It is important to keep your finger on the pulse of the performance boat owner to find out what their likes and dislike are. In the end, it can only make your product better and your customers happier.

About my post:

As any intelligent human being can see, my original thread which started all this was not directed at you, the manufacturer, merely at one or two individuals who incessantly post about AT, whether the thread warranted it or not. I hope you read my posts in my ActiveThunderOnly.com thread and can see what I am talking about. The final straw was this MassiveThunder individual who initiated the thread in the Apache forum...way out of line.
When the pesonal attacks came, I retaliated as any red-blooded male would and after I got over it, I laughed at the whole thing...life is really too short to worry about such trivial things

In closing, I would like to say that I love ALL performance boats and this is a great place to come and hang out with people who share the same interest. If we didn't all share this passion, this place would not exist and spirited debates would not take place!
Old 03-21-2002, 09:00 AM
Registered

Please continue to stay involved. I feel no need to re-iterate what everyone else just said. I agree whole heartedly.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:28 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Stay. Educate us about your hull design and construction or just hang out and debate the merits of thong bikinis -- either way don't go. I want more participation from manufacturers, not less.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Pat,
I think its unanimous so far. Please continue to post in and out of the AT area. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

LakeRacer, who's been spilling the beans to you on our 37 redesign????

I think you just hit every nail right on the head! Hopefully pictures in the next week or so will show that we listened to what you and what many other current and potential future customers had said, too.
Old 03-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

"LakeRacer, who's been spilling the beans to you on our 37 redesign???? "

Not me

I need to get a few more AT owners out here in AZ to play with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.