Notices

Stories?

Old 07-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do The Math,

Have you called AT yet? Will they build a 28 for you?? Like I stated earlier I was just at the factory a month ago and Steve sent me out to look at other manufactures.
I guess I don't understand???

I looked at allot of boats before I bouhgt my 28 AT, nothing else compared in my book. I think thats great they are building all the 37's they can handle! However, I would like to think Active Thunder will continue to build 25, 28, and 32 foot boats as well.

Last edited by Chris; 07-09-2002 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually just contacted them yesterday and Steve sent me an e-mail saying that the info I wanted was in the mail, and to call him when I got a chance. I requested info on the 28, and didn't get any negative feedback from him... So, I hope that all is still good and they will still build me one, provided I give them the time to do so. I gave Formula almost a year to buld my 271, (and they screwed that up), so I think that a nice, low-volume custom builder is going to be the way to go.... And the AT 28 is just soooo sweet looking, (as is the whole line for that matter).
Old 07-09-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

DoTheMath,

Yeah, Channel's very good to deal with. This is my 3rd Baja with them. It was a little tough in the beginning with the new owners, but everything seems to have gotten back to "normal".

The 33s got Quick and Quiets. I've had them in 3 other boats so far and no problems with the MP. They are definitely cracking down.

Where are you on the lake?
Old 07-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Bajadude~

I was very friendly with the Littlefields when they owned it, they were (and still are) great people. I heard that the new owners are doing the place proud (now) and keeping up the tradition of good service. I did hear that it was a bit "bumpy" in the beginning with them. It can't be easy going from computers to the marina business.

So, you have the Y-Pipe with the tips, some out the transom and some out the drives... Sounds like a plan to me.

I am just outside of Center Harbor on First Neck, How about yourself?
Old 07-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: Stories?

Originally posted by MassiveThunder
I dont know where you guys are getting your info!!! I am a small Active Thunder dealer in Ohio,(selling on sold order only)and Active Thunder still build its full product line.Including the 28v and the 32 cat.With the exception of the Sport Fish(which if you wanted one they would still build you one if forced).I currently have 2 new 28AVH boats on order,which are now under construction.1with a 496mag and 1 with a 500efi.So you guys may want to get your info from Pat himself.
Massive Thunder~ I got my info. from Pat himself!!!!! Face to face!!! He doesn't want to make them...but, if someone REALLY wanted one...he might build one. "That" is what he said!
Tracy
Old 07-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

I hope I didn't come across as being rude in that last post. If I did, I didn't mean to!!!
Tracy
Old 07-09-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

I was very friendly with the Littlefields
DTM, Bill Sr, and Billy Jr are the best. Sr kept his fiberglass shop and is hanging out building another hot rod. Saw Billy a few days ago. He's selling boat trailers, brokering a little, hauling boats, but basically taking the summer off.

The new owners seem to have gotten things dialed in, and were fortunate to keep most the supporting staff. It was a little bumpy as you say in the beginning (part of the reason I got rid of my 25 Outlaw and got the Sonic) but I can't resit Jim P's sales pitches. I really enjoy doing business there.

Anyway, sorry to divert the thread.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member

BD~

He was always big on the hot rods, (loved his purple one) but really had a thing for Jr's Nova, bad-bad machine! Glad to hear they are bringing customers back, Jim P. always knew to "do the right thing".

Consintracy~

"So..., you're telling me is there's a chance..." (remember that line from Dumb & Dumber?) Sorry, anyway... So if I was real patient, asked nicely and told him that you guys sent me would that help my chances any ? I'll just wait and see what happens, Steve is sending me up some info and with all the time I've been spending here and with work, I just haven't had the chance to call them... hehe. I'll work on that over the next day or two.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:52 PM
Registered

DTM,

That Nova was the balls. I'll have to ask Billy if he's still got it (I'm renting one of his boat houses).
Old 07-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

For those interested parties.The 28AVH is a new DDC bottom that will be introduced at the Cleveland Boat Show in January 2002.The 2 sold models that I have on order will be there.The Cleveland show was where Active Thunder officially introduced the 37AVH.So plan to attend for they will be the life of the show.For those interested in mid-sized offshore boats.

Quick Reply: Stories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.