Notices

Stories?

Old 07-09-2002, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stories?

I dont know where you guys are getting your info!!! I am a small Active Thunder dealer in Ohio,(selling on sold order only)and Active Thunder still build its full product line.Including the 28v and the 32 cat.With the exception of the Sport Fish(which if you wanted one they would still build you one if forced).I currently have 2 new 28AVH boats on order,which are now under construction.1with a 496mag and 1 with a 500efi.So you guys may want to get your info from Pat himself.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:42 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

massive-
If you read my reply to 'do the math's' post, it states they did not build many twins. I never stated they would not build you a 28 Savage if you wanted one.
As to where my info comes from on AT, it does come from Pat and Steve. I talk to them on a somewhat regular basis.- I bought my boat from them, and as last I heard on this topic (when I picked my boat up in Pompano late April), they were concentrating on the 37AVH, due to its backlog and high level of interest and sales.

BTW, my 28 Savage (or any other I have seen) is not an AVH hull, and I am not aware of any changes to the mold to make it one. It certainly would be an interesting 28 if Harry Schoell were to get involved with it, but I like my conventional V-bottom just fine!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Al,
How are things in OH?
My wife and I went to the Active Thunder factory 4 weeks ago to look at a 32. Steve told us to go look at Powerplay, Cigarette and Sonic because He did not want to build anthing smaller than the 37. I was really shocked and disappointed because the 25, 28 and 32 are really incredible boats.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:52 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Ouch...

My feeling (or my hope...) would be that if they still have the molds and you give them enough time, they would build a 28 or 32. I'm looking at next season at the earliest for delivery, so I think I can give them about 12 mo. or more on the project. I guess I can talk to Steve and Pat about it and see what their feeling is on it. I really feel that there is not another 28 out there right now that can compare to AT's for the (real) size, perfomance, look and custom build quality...
Old 07-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Registered

DoTheMath,

What about the Sonic 28? I just traded my 26 Sonic and it was a great boat. Nice cabin, lots of freeboard, etc.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Default That's a possibility...

but I was really trying to stay with a low-volume builder. I do like the looks of the Sonic, (similar to the AT) but wanted to be a little different and get something that you don't see every day, like a Fountain for example... (Sorry to all you Fountain owners reading this...) What did you trade to and did you go through Silver Sands?
Old 07-09-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

I am certain that if you call Pat-954-782-0309 he will gladly build you a 28.......
Old 07-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Registered
Gold Member

That was my thought too. Of course, my feeling on the 28 being "the best of all worlds" for our lake is now getting skewed by all the other AT's that are coming out recently. There is something about a 37' with a full cabin and all the goodies to go with it running 100+ on 675's that makes me want to build that bigger dock, not worry about the slips at the local watering holes and go for something bigger... But, one step at at time. Going from the cost of a 28 to the cost of a 37 with the wife, (and my accountant) would be tough...

Best of luck Dan with your new ride, the pics looks great, the numbers are awesome, and to top it all off, your wife likes it... What more could you ask for... except maybe a 42 !?

~Mark.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Registered

DoTheMath,

Traded the Sonic for a 33 Outlaw with HP500s from Channel. Getting it this Thursday.

I too can't imagine AT not building you a 28. I talked with Steve last year, about a 28, and it wasn't a problem then.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:22 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Very true Bajadude... They guys at Channel are great to work with, you can't go wrong there! The 500hp's should push that along pretty well. Now, my question to you is how or what did you use to tame the noise on the 500's? I got tossed two summers ago for being too loud with a single 540 (it was loud...) so I am looking to see what different people are doing up on the lake to keep the MP's off their backs...

Quick Reply: Stories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.