Converted to Sonic - Part 11 >

Converted to Sonic - Part 11

Notices

Converted to Sonic - Part 11

Old 10-30-2002, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converted to Sonic - Part 11

Some of you guys have emailed me to ask some questions about at AT. So let's clear the air.....
First, I think Pat and his organization was great to deal with on my experience.
I personally had alot of minor issues with my 32AT, that Pat did fix as he promised.
My personal opinion (sp), as everyone has one, I think his boats could have a better fit and finish, comparing them to other brands.
Did anyone read the article that Powerboat had on his boats, I believe it was in 2000?? It talked about the fit and finish.
I did not consider the 37AVH, when I looked at a larger boat.
The AT is a great rough water ride, but I had to look at the whole picture when spending the cash.
And for anyone's information, I had a 2000 32AT with 502MPI's and a Rocket Trailer and sold it for $109K. (had 80 original hours on the whole package).

Last edited by Thunder32; 10-31-2002 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thunder 32,

the newer milenium package boats are unbelievable as far as the fit and finish....on a par with any in the industry. i have a 99 and my has been rock solid. the few things that have had to be corrected on my boat had nothing to do with AT. it was mostly merc issues.

BTW I would take 109 for mine w/ 500hps that have only about 75 hrs after freshening. That way I could go ahead and get the 37'
Old 10-30-2002, 07:17 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Ever notice how these 2 brands always seems to be the ones people are deciding between? Its like deciding between a murcielago or a testerossa, both rock, just need to decide what suits you. I want both!
Old 10-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Ive had both, a 2000-42 ss, good boat awesome headroom, loved the arch, too heavy (I know they vacuum bag now) had some issues with the fit and finish just in the cabin-too much caulk, I have looked at other Sonic's and did not notice the caulk issue as bad , but everything else on the boat was great. A.T. has gotten better over the last 2 years, fit and finish is better, they specialize in customizing whatever you want, the new Millenium series is awesome, the fit and finish is on par with the best of them in the industry, the only thing I dont care for on my 37 is the cabin headroom, but they have resolved that, they have come up with a new deck for the 37 adding 4" and Pat has been so gracious in saw-zawing off my deck and applying the new deck for that added headroom, hows that for customer satisfaction
Old 10-30-2002, 08:09 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Jassman we yanked the deck off today! nothing a saws all could'nt handle.
But seriously folks, we are alway's striving to improve our products and do appreciatte all input. Currently we just started building the new deck, and added a few trade tricks to enhance the fit and finish. The team at Active Thunder is prepared to surpass the expectations of even the most discriminate boaters.
Come by and see for yourself!
Old 10-31-2002, 04:44 PM
Registered

Hey Todd-
Saw your boat at the AT plant, and actually rode on it in 2000, and it is a nice ride. GREAT PAINT JOB. I just had to spend the cash elsewhere on the Sonic.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

Thunder32,

congrats on your new purchase, best of luck. I am still confused as to why you keep posting that you bought a sonic in the AT forum. Not trying to be a dick, which as the people who know me will tell you is pretty difficult for me, but I think we got your point.

You may want to take a look at the AT factory as the first three of Pat's millenium edition boat are sitting there. Fit and finish on these boat are top notch in my opinion.

Good luck to you and your new boat.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

The millenium boats were great and the new raised deck is a great improvement, I'm anxiouse to see it.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Troutly,

Are you calling my deck goofy assed???
Old 11-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

Sorry guys but the cabin headroom sucks. I can't wait to see the new deck. I saw the upper and lower hulls being assembled last monday at the factory. The 37 AVH is on my short list of next boats, if they get the cabin height raised enough. Right now my 31 Sonic has more headroom. The "goofy assed deck" looks great but isn't very practical, but I think they are well on their way to fixing it.

Quick Reply: Converted to Sonic - Part 11

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.