Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Searching for my first boat!!! >

Searching for my first boat!!!

Notices

Searching for my first boat!!!

Old 10-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Searching for my first boat!!!

Take a look at Todd's boat a very nice boat at the price!! I was just out in my 32 on Saturday Todd was on his 32 we went from Racine Wi to Milwaukee his boat runs really strong and for the money it's going to be hard to beat. If you can't afford a 32 keep checking OSO somebody will know or find a Active Thunder for sale for you.
Jason
Old 10-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks for the support everyone. Starting to really think that I'lljust keep the boat. Jason is right, she is running really really strong. Man i had fun running her Sat. The lake was 3 ft with an occasional 4 and wow did we have fun flying over the waves. With the cool air and great water conditions, she just wanted to run. I think I may just take her off the market. Its such an awesome boat I just cant see giving her away.

I had a guy call me the other day and ask if my price was negotiable. I said very strongly NO!! At that price i fell as though I'm giving her away anyways. So unless something happens unexpectantly I will keep her.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Registered

I have a '98 25 for sale.
[email protected] if your interested.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered

The 28 Active Thunder is an awesome boat. I test drove an '04 with a 496HO and the boat handled great in rough water. With 6 people in the boat it came up on plan with very little tabs and was doing 60 on GPS at 4000RPM. Couldn't run all the way up per the salesman because of it being a new motor. With a labbed prop and the right water the boat should do around 70. I am looking at purchasing an 05 with a 525 but now I may consider a boat with twin motors.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Get the biggest boat you can realistically afford, they all look big on land, but they're tiny when in the water!! A 28 is easy to run. Around the dock with currents and wind they can be "interesting" to dock if it's a single, but not enough of an issue to cause you not to buy one.