Your Adrenaline!!! >

Your Adrenaline!!!

Notices

Your Adrenaline!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Note to self: Gino averaged 100 in flat water last weekend in the Bimini Race in a 44 MTI I seem to recall.

It seemed rough to stand a 47 Apache on its azz but 90 MPH looks hard to do:
http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/t...s.php?album=16
http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...bum=16&pos=152
apache 47
http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...lbum=16&pos=63
adrenaline
We were out there with the Apache, the Outerlimits, and the Baia yacht. It was rough as hell...a buddy of mine broke up his 47 Fountain in the same stuff. There were only three of us out there for the Video shoot that day...it was nutz!!

Jonathan
Old 06-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 947 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMangual
I actually think I am now dumber

Jonathan

Well he said it in a roundabout way.......... Can't say I have ever seen someone disprove Chris "Wikipedia" Sunkin on a technical question but JM might give it a shot.......
Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMangual
Thank you for the insight Chris. I am glad there are people like you, with an amazing knowledge and insight of the industry, to police the threads for liars and BS'ers. It was great conversing with you and I am thankful for the insight. I actually think I am now dumber because of it. See you on the forums and in the water. Take care and safe boating!

Jonathan

I kinda' figured I was wasting my breath. Just remember, when you're telling these fantasy stories to people, and they're smiling and nodding their heads, they're thinking "this guys is really talking out of his ass."
Old 06-23-2008, 09:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Apache is jumping cruiser wakes in otherwise 0' to 1' water...

Beau made a great observation in the other thread, the one that's making fun of this one;
Originally Posted by rbr2328
The prop would not be in the water long enough to maintain 90.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:47 PM
MES
Registered

I was coming back from Duck Key when the adrenaline was going out for the photo shoot. We looked at each other and said those guys are crazy. I am not sure what speeds they were running, but the water was huge. I guess you had to be there to believe it.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by MES
I was coming back from Duck Key when the adrenaline was going out for the photo shoot. We looked at each other and said those guys are crazy. I am not sure what speeds they were running, but the water was huge. I guess you had to be there to believe it.
I was there....What day did this supposidly happen. I don't recall any 6-8 water that weekend.

It's ok to just say, "hey, it was big...Maybe not 6-8 but it seemed like it and it was big and the boat handled it great."
Old 06-24-2008, 12:56 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

6-8 footers, 90 MPH in a 30 foot boat.

My guess is for about 12 to 13 seconds and then the first hole and you go Kevorkian on us.

My humble opinion.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I was there....What day did this supposidly happen. I don't recall any 6-8 water that weekend.

It's ok to just say, "hey, it was big...Maybe not 6-8 but it seemed like it and it was big and the boat handled it great."

Hey Tank,

I think it was the day after we went went through, or maybe two days after. That storm rolled through when we were coming back, remember? We were running in 5's maybe 6's at worst in the Tiger, but nothing any where close to 8's. That little boat was parked next to us at the dock on the way down. Good looking boat.. Nice to see that they have more than one out there now. Looks like it would be a fun little lake boat.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM
MES
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

Saturday.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Hey Tank,

I think it was the day after we went went through, or maybe two days after. That storm rolled through when we were coming back, remember? We were running in 5's maybe 6's at worst in the Tiger, but nothing any where close to 8's. That little boat was parked next to us at the dock on the way down. Good looking boat.. Nice to see that they have more than one out there now. Looks like it would be a fun little lake boat.
yea, I remember running around and it being pretty bumpy and a bit confused water but 6-8? No.

Last edited by thisistank; 06-24-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Your Adrenaline!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.