Notices

New style 26

Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New style 26

I'd prefer a classic 26 over this thing. One of the things I loved most about my AO was where the controls were. They were very comfortable tucked down below. Full carpet, no inner liner.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o22040-en.html

Last edited by DrewDown; 03-20-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by DrewDown
I'd prefer a classic 26 over this thing. One of the things I loved most about my AO was where the controls were. They were very comfortable tucked down below. Full carpet, no inner liner.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o22040-en.html
The Gel looks good. I wonder if they are going to still offer the NSX seating?? It looks like AO has had a makeover by the west coast folks, interesting.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJBBC
The Gel looks good. I wonder if they are going to still offer the NSX seating?? It looks like AO has had a makeover by the west coast folks, interesting.
West Coast cat all the way. Take off the brand name and model, and it's hard to tell one brand from the other. V hull seating and controls. (minus the bolsters) No thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just like burger king you can make it your way.
The classic style 2600 and NSX are still available. Now you have your choice of any gell coat graphics and or the old standard frost white.
You can have the open deck bow rider or the closed deck sports model.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:19 AM

Default New Style 2600

You people remind me of my wife NEVER HAPPY nothing I can do will please her. You want an all white boat with the original inner liner I will build you one, but for the first time in A/O history I can now offer you a boat with any option and any gel design you can dream of. The boat is the first 2600 with full gel,an open bow mid cabin and a stock 496HO, let me see you build one nicer then this on your first try. The controls will be tucked back the way they were on the next one. Not sure by what you mean by V hull seating no bolsters, this boat feels nothing like a V hull in its seating or its handling, come out for a test ride.
We will build you any of our AMERICAN OFFSHORE boats any way you want, old school if that is what you prefer or new and improved. The point that you are missing is that A/O is back with a proven design, with honest people running the company trying to provide a better product. We built a new single helm deck boat plug and mold last year, we are putting the finishing touches on our new dual console deck boat mold as I type this reply and hope to begin laying up the first boat in the next week or so. THIS SHOULD REALLY STIR THE POT, we are also close to introducing our first V bottom, BLASPHEMY !!!!
We are trying to deliver a better product, and be a better company, give us a call or better yet come out for a demo ride and see what we can now build for you.
Thank You
Cliff Waters
Old 03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Cliff, Thanks for offering more. Nice to see someone making something more out of the company. The boats did need some updating. Drew
Old 03-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by cliff waters
You people remind me of my wife NEVER HAPPY nothing I can do will please her. You want an all white boat with the original inner liner I will build you one, but for the first time in A/O history I can now offer you a boat with any option and any gel design you can dream of. The boat is the first 2600 with full gel,an open bow mid cabin and a stock 496HO, let me see you build one nicer then this on your first try. The controls will be tucked back the way they were on the next one. Not sure by what you mean by V hull seating no bolsters, this boat feels nothing like a V hull in its seating or its handling, come out for a test ride.
We will build you any of our AMERICAN OFFSHORE boats any way you want, old school if that is what you prefer or new and improved. The point that you are missing is that A/O is back with a proven design, with honest people running the company trying to provide a better product. We built a new single helm deck boat plug and mold last year, we are putting the finishing touches on our new dual console deck boat mold as I type this reply and hope to begin laying up the first boat in the next week or so. THIS SHOULD REALLY STIR THE POT, we are also close to introducing our first V bottom, BLASPHEMY !!!!
We are trying to deliver a better product, and be a better company, give us a call or better yet come out for a demo ride and see what we can now build for you.
Thank You
Cliff Waters
Cliff,
I have always been a big fan of American Offshore. I think updating the decks, gel and tooling with proven bottom designs is a winning formula. Now if the economy can just turn the corner maybe more of us would have confidence to lay down some coin for these puppies. Keep up the good work.
Rob
Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 PM

Default Thank You

Thanks for the kind words. We have been working hard to make this a great company again. I have confidence that the economy will turn and we will be ready when it does. Please spread the word that we are alive and kicking and eager to service our old customers and future new customers.
Cliff
Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Ao

Great boat. This is the NSX 'firstoffshore' originally owned.
Attached Thumbnails New style 26-picture-090.jpg  
Old 03-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Default AO Deck old and New

I personally own an AO deck built when the company was still in Texas and have seen, ridden in and drove the new "built in CA" version and not only do they look much nicer than the old one but the interior styling as well as the entire fit and finish of the new ones is far suprior. The handling and performance has changed little, I think they are laying them up the same as before or very closely. They smoothed out the molds though because mine has a little more wave in the upper piece than the new ones do. Overall I think taking the company to the West coast was a great move for AO I hope they do great things with the company as they have in the past.

Quick Reply: New style 26

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.