Notices

Allez Vite

Old 08-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Allez Vite

Thanks Nycamp!

Steve gave me a ride in his boat today. It's the first time I've been in her in 10 years.

WOW!

Better than new, and more fun than I've had in a long time.

Although it was too calm for any serious "air-time," I've got to say that ii's still a thrill to run triple-digits in an old resin-bucket! Those Zul's are fantastic: I think you may need to have Teague bump your new motors up a bit, Carl, unless you want to always be looking at Allez vite's transom (like old times).

Lunatic Fringe (Jim) and his brother came along to hold Steve's beer.

Jerry's (LEOPAJM) brand new Saber w/1075's ran with us, too. It's a beautiful boat, and I think that he should keep it all red.

Hope to have a Trifecta when Carl brings WarHawk up to Saugatuck tomorrow. My Apache fix!

Thanks, guys.

Last edited by ApachePete; 08-26-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Re: Allez Vite

It was an absolute treat and privilege to have the original master on board today. The water was calm but we still had a great time. Pete you are welcome anytime. Just give me a call when you want to go for a ride, or you know where she is located just help yourself.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete,
It was great to finally meet you today. Thanks for all the old race stories. It was cool getting a little history lesson on the late 80's and early 90s race scene. I assumed you enjoyed the ride by the grin from ear to ear you had on your face as we came off plane heading into Muskegon. It was neat to be witness to that reunion. Hope to see you again in the future.

After as many years as I have know Steve, I have gotten pretty good at holding his beer!!!

Jerry,
Keep it RED!!!! The boat looks awesome on the water all red and those Merc have a very distinctive roar to them!!! Looking through the photos, some came out pretty good, others OK. I'm still coming up to speed with the new camera. I'd be happy to take some more shots next time your up. They may be a little big to e-mail, but I can always burn you a disk and sent them to you too. I try to post a couple here.

Jim
Old 08-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Registered

One from lunch.
Attached Thumbnails Allez Vite-resize_test3.jpg  

Last edited by Lunatic Fringe; 08-26-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Jim/Lunatic Fringe, when are you going to put that Cougar (ol' "SAVAGE") in the water??? I always here about all the hard work you are putting into it from a few years ago. That boat is a runner and I have lots of good memories of it. Looking forward to seeing her on the water once again.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Registered

One from the run to Muskegon.
Attached Thumbnails Allez Vite-running_resize1.jpg  
Old 08-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Registered

Hey Mark,
The list of excuses I have for not having the old resin bucket on the water is long and getting longer. Today my excuse was I had an opportunity to tag along and see Pete get reunitied with his old boat and it was pretty cool! Steve and I laughed because we said we didn't know whether to thank Pete or curse at him for getting us hooked on performance boating. Steve's quote to me was "Pete has cost you and I a lot of money!!!!" : ) Back to your question....... hopefully soon. It has been a project of one step forward, two steps back. I hope to get at least one or two rides before the snow falls so I can have an idea how she runs in case any off season adjustments are needed. Thanks for asking.

Jim
Old 08-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Registered

Here is one for you Mark.
Attached Thumbnails Allez Vite-resize1.jpg  
Old 08-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Registered

Last two for today.
Attached Thumbnails Allez Vite-allezvite_resize1.jpg   Allez Vite-resize_test4.jpg  
Old 08-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Lunatic Fringe,

Jim,

Cougar looks beautiful !!!!! Can't wait to see her done.
All in time...............

Cougarman

Quick Reply: Allez Vite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.