Finally home

Notices

Finally home

Old 05-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally home

I decided to leave them up there as a style statement LOL
Just kidding, No I wanted to get the heat gun out and I peeled off the FOR SALE and the phone number, the Key west 2005 Poker run 37 and all that off the front fairing, the "custer had it coming" on the sides is gone, and instead of the horns which Robert (tonto) said to use west systems epoxy not bondo so I honestly did not want to go to west marine for I was too busy peeling vinyl, polishing superchargers, (YEAH BABY< POLISHING SUPERCHARGERS AND HEADER PIPES!!!!) and just going through things and getting to know what this stuff is. Oh and the question of what props are on it Donz, 17X31P 3 Blades so hopefully it will be okay.
Thanks LS! When I get some more time I plan on pressure washing the bilge, I have to reseal the tail pipe where it meets the header, have a little dribble of water coming out where the orange sealer. So I need to address a few things nothing huge though. I got some video of it fired up at Innovation on Saturday so Ill get an MPG made tomorrow of it for you guys.
J
Old 05-15-2006, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Neighbors were climbing all over it, they thought it was cool!
You're lucky- after 2 days, my homeowner's association's attorney sent me a registered letter.

You'll love the boat. Mine made my TG seem like a 28 footer.

3's or 6's?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered

#3a's turning 17x31P 3 blades
I got it out of the development already, sat there from Sat night to sunday afternoon and then I hitched it up and boogied on out of there.
Which 41 do you have?
Old 05-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

holy balls
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

here is a KW pic that Nykamp sent me...it's a beauty..enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails Finally home-jay.jpg  
Old 05-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

oh thats AWESOME, ONe of it actually running!
Thanks guys, Appreciate all the comments. I fired it up at Innovation on Saturday, MAN she BARKS, those cams in this thing just CRACK, like fire crackers is what it sounds like when its idling, GOOSE BUMP CITY BABY! I LOVE THIS THING! I got the DEAL of a LIFETIME on this boat, I have no regrets, now I just have to get the title back to Russo marine and get it registered so I can head out on it and see how she runs in the atlantic. No more ICW for me! Hot Duck, you said it Im JONESING to get her out and run it. But I have some work to do to it first, get the electrical connections cleaned up with a wire wheel and replace one of the 3 bilge pumps, all the drive and K plane indicator cables have to be tossed and replaced. Nothing huge just some time consuming stuff so when I do go out I know everything is working just right and im good to go.
Oh man I cant wait to splash her!
J
Old 05-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to reseal the tail pipe where it meets the header, have a little dribble of water coming out where the orange sealer.
J
Jayson, Congrats on finally getting her home.....Take a look at the pipes and headers for leaks. There is not supposed to be any water dribbling out of the connection as these are dry pipes. Pressure test the pipes and the headers.....It is a little bit PITA, but better safe than sorry. You do not want any salt water getting into the engine through the exhaust. Those headers have a certain life span and then they leak. Happens to all of them eventually. Congrats again, bro.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

already tested, everything is okay with them. But I was warned by Ed Cozzi, make SURE the front of the trailer is up as HIGH as you can get it so the water runs out the back for if it runs forward BOOM! They are not dry pipes that I am aware of, Not 100% sure though, Would be nice if they were but I dont have specific water dumps anywhere for the muffler cans on the back require the water to run through them. The water dribbling out is right by the inlet bung on the tail pipe. Frank, Look at it when you come on up before we take it out. Maybe a quick removal of the pipe to inspect it? I dont know but I dont think they are that hard to remove but I could be wrong. Might need a spot weld if they are leaking some perhaps.
J
Old 05-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Congrats!
Looks great in front of the house!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

#3a's turning 17x31P 3 blades
I got it out of the development already, sat there from Sat night to sunday afternoon and then I hitched it up and boogied on out of there.
Which 41 do you have?
all-white '89 41 side-by-side with Zul's- just changed from 3's to 6's with Huber's.

Be careful with those drives- that's a heavy boat and alot of power. The good news is it takes a scary amount of water to get it airborne but those power-on landings will shred 3's pretty quick.

You'll see a nice improvement overall with 4-blades.

Quick Reply: Finally home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.