Red Death >

Red Death

Notices

Red Death

Old 10-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Red Death

According to that logic are you saying that people buying and selling Apaches for around 100 grand are getting and selling junk.Please clarify because thats what MOST of them for sale are going for.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered

RBR thanks i will email you.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
According to that logic are you saying that people buying and selling Apaches for around 100 grand are getting and selling junk.Please clarify because thats what MOST of them for sale are going for.
They are what they are. But there is no way a 100k Apache is anywhere as nice as say a Tonto or Flying Falcon. Like I said go buy a boat, talks cheap. You get what you pay for with these boats. Sorry for chiming in, I forgot you're an expert on all things Apache.

Last edited by ApacheCarl; 10-30-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

RD great way to make friends and ask for advise....btw have you bought a Baja yet

Mike
Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a 36' Baja for $136,000.00 sounds like the boat for you,496's CMI headers 68-70 MPH please buy it so we can leave you in the 3' - 4' duct taping your boat back together, you get what you pay for buy it please!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

RD - You really don't know what you are talking about, do you ? Comparing apples to oranges!
You should realize that some of the guys in this forum like Robert, Magnum Mark, Beau, and Carl have probably forgotton more about Apache Powerboats than you will ever know. These guys have dealt with every single problem that owning an Apache brings on, some of them more than once. They have "been there, done that" bro .

Comparing the Chief boat to TeamPrime just kinda' says it all.

You should stop talkin' $hit and listen, they have sound advice to give.....
Hans

Whats up Mike ? How you livin' ?

Last edited by rockstrmkr; 10-30-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't recall Tonto being offered for sale. I think his statement was akin to "If someone had to have it..."

Remember, there are only a few Apaches out there and of those, a small percentage are "the right one" Tonto is one of those boats. One that's way heavy or has sustained damage (or has been on the bottom) probably isn't.

As far as a new Chief or McManus, they're not for me. I think alot of people feel the same way. In my mind, Saber has been more faithful to the Apache heritage than any other. Have you seen their 36? It's what the Apache 36 Bobby built should have been- a downsized 41.

Here's my take- you want a 41 Apache that runs 85+ and does it turn-key reliably? It's going to take $225K, whether you buy a complete boat in top shape or redo one yourself. You want over-the-top graphics, rigging or amenities? Tack that on to the price. There are precious few exceptions- MM's 41 is a flyweight boat so it will run those speeds with less power and #3's will live a reasonable life. It's also a long-dash 3-pack with no cabin- life is full of tradeoffs. Also, you'll rarely see an Apache project boat or a fire sale. The cost of entry is steep to start with and the boats have some liabilities (like weight and the need for power) that only some hardcore SOB with the resources to back it up will wade into this pond. These aren't the guys who need to fire-sale things or run when it gets tough. No too many folks bought a 41 as their first boat.

You can probably get by cheaper with any other brand of boat- something like a Cig 38. You're also going to take a hit on rough-water capability- I went from a Cougar 46 back to the Apache 41- the Cougar wouldn't keep up with the 41 in big, nasty water. Also, what price do you put on uniqueness? If you are into getting attention, you can't do better than Apache. Go anywhere there are lots of fast boats. I've seen people walk past million-dollar cats and turbine boats to look at the Apache tied up just past them.

But then again, what do I know?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apache.....Many lust for them. Few can afford them.

Gotta love the passions aroused by the mere mention of these legendary boats.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK

.....Few can afford them.

...even some that own them anyway. Like me!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin

As far as a new Chief or McManus, they're not for me. I think alot of people feel the same way. In my mind, Saber has been more faithful to the Apache heritage than any other. Have you seen their 36? It's what the Apache 36 Bobby built should have been- a downsized 41.
McManus builds Apache. Don Aronow had faith in him. Kramer had faith in him. And for good reason. That's why his boats are held in high reguard. He is the best!

Quick Reply: Red Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.