Red Death >

Red Death

Notices

Red Death

Old 10-31-2006, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Red Death

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
McManus builds Apache. Don Aronow had faith in him. Kramer had faith in him. And for good reason. That's why his boats are held in high reguard. He is the best!
If it don't say APACHE its not a true offshore boat I had three 41 apache's I know them better the anyone.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Papache
If it don't say APACHE its not a true offshore boat I had three 41 apache's I know them better the anyone.
They all rode different two had #6 drives one has #4 drives. one was heavy two were light
Old 10-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Banned

Red Death, I don't recall anyone on here that owns an Apache asking you to put what you think the value is. If I had the monetary resources, a 41 Apache would be my first choice. I don't have that kind of jack, and I have the feeling neither do you. What do you care how long it takes someone to sell their boat? If they wanted your opinion, they'd ask for it. Move along.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a 38 Cig totally rebuilt by Mark, Zero Cavity, Great Boat still working to own the Best, Apache, there is only one boat for true off shore big water,need prof? See you in Keywest in Two weeks, the best of the best will be there!!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apache and Comanche come out of the same mold and are both built by McManus using the same materials. How can a deck make the difference in it's offshore abilities? Get to work on your Apache. See you in the Spring.
Ed
Old 11-01-2006, 06:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
McManus builds Apache. Don Aronow had faith in him. Kramer had faith in him. And for good reason. That's why his boats are held in high reguard. He is the best!
No doubt that the quality is there. Both Mark and Bobby built tremendously well-made boats. I'm talking more from a design perspective- I don't care for the new deck design Mark is using and as far as Chief building any successor to Apache, I think the step-bottom puts that argument to rest.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:32 AM

That's right up there with "Fords rule- Chevys are junk".

Maybe a picture of that little guy pi$$ing on a Fountain?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by cuda
Red Death, I don't recall anyone on here that owns an Apache asking you to put what you think the value is. If I had the monetary resources, a 41 Apache would be my first choice. I don't have that kind of jack, and I have the feeling neither do you. What do you care how long it takes someone to sell their boat? If they wanted your opinion, they'd ask for it. Move along.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I went from a Cougar 46 back to the Apache 41

Chris,

What 46' Cougar did you have?
Do you have any photo's of it? And what did ya have in it for power?

I see ya like your Apache, and I'm not debating that LOL.
But curious to what you thought of the 46' Cougar and what you really liked about it?

I'm hoping to be near or at completion on my 46' Cougar next fall. Been a trailer Queen since I've owned it.

Thanks
Cougarman
Old 11-01-2006, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by cougarman
Chris,

What 46' Cougar did you have?
Do you have any photo's of it? And what did ya have in it for power?

I see ya like your Apache, and I'm not debating that LOL.
But curious to what you thought of the 46' Cougar and what you really liked about it?

I'm hoping to be near or at completion on my 46' Cougar next fall. Been a trailer Queen since I've owned it.

Thanks
Cougarman
Had an all-white glass 46- bought it out of northern MI. Had OMC's on it- no motors. Put 3 540's with #3's in it. All my pics are film (was late going digital).

Don't get me wrong, the Cougar was a wave crusher. It was just really heavy and always felt stuck in the water. I was going to strip the cabin to see what that would do but I came across another 41 and decided to "go back home". I think my X was too conservative and that probably didn't help matters much. It would have been a major job to get it where I wanted it. The other issue I had was storage. Racks for boats that size don't exist around here. That's alot of trailer boat.
The Apache gives me the best of both worlds- wave crushing but it also feels "nimble" for lack of a better description. I guess nimble might not be the best word for it- especially for a resin bucket. The Apache just feels like it's running out of the water but still well-connected. The feel is always there- it gives you a sense of security even running hard. There's a video that was posted not long ago that shows what I mean. I think it was the Team boat- running on about the last 8' of the keel but flawlessly running straight and connected.

I'll have to admit- Every time I see one of those tin Cougar 46's on the market, I'm really tempted.

If I were you, I'd get with someone who has had some serious hands-on with the boats. They could give you better tuning suggestions. I'd definitely toss the cabin and lighten it as best you can. 5-blades might help- that was suggested to me. I don't know if anyone makes them for 3's or not- I never got that far.

What all are you doing to your 46?

Quick Reply: Red Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.