Red Death

Notices

Red Death

Old 11-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Red Death

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
Apache Pete thank you so much.This is the EXACT situation i want to avoid.The guys on the forem portray unrealistic selling numbers because they dont want to devalue their boat.Asking ang getting REALLY are two different things.The Apaches are terriffic boats but as my friend who owns the Navasink Marina up here in NJ told me two hundred grand is tops no matter the condition,layup drives ect ect .Flat out (and this guy has ABSOLUTELY no reason to lie ,)if you buy one for more or you buy one for less and sink the money back in over 200k and your upside down.
With this line of thinking, why would anybody buy a new boat ????? Talk about being upside down.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered

Carl,Leafs boat will be sold somewear in the 70s because that is what it is worth whether certain people want to admit it or not.My question is if Steves boat is sold for 75,000.00 how can these others be worth 5-6 times as much?.I know they have upgraded drives and engines ect but 5-6 times as much .One guy wants 80 grand for an incomplete hull,(needs glass work )power drives and rigging.Steve CANN0T get that for a turnkey boat with Semi in very good shape (look at the pictures on the forem) They can ask whatever they want.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I have noticed about the boat you mention it needs serious updates.
1 pair #6's w/transom assemblies $40,000
1 pair of 1000's complete $100,000
update interior $5,000
New gauges and controls $5,000
Misc. rigging updates $5,000

Now assuming you do all of the labor yourself and a $85,000 purchase price that puts you at a grand total of $240,000 for a 1987 boat not built anything like some of the boats that have been mentioned. That also is leaving the paint as is and not accounting for removing the arch which is a must. So it is easy to see where some of the price tags on these boats come from. Most of the boats with these asking prices have had Mcmanus refurbs which usually include reinforced transoms.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I am sure they are extremely fine boats with new engines and rebuilt drives but the rest of the boat s parts(hull,transmission,trim tabs wiring, gauges ect are close to twenty years old.Cosmetically one of them needs paint.)To put it in perspective i cite many examples .The all white 41(for sale on the forem)has EVEVY single mechanical part upgraded to new and cosmetically shows new with a total repaint .The broker for months could not get 250,000.00 because nomatter what you do to the internals the hull is still 20 years old.Papaches Pauls boat is awesome (with a pair of 1400 engines on 6s).Paul is looking for high ones.Apache Warrior (a friend of mine in Sea Bright N.J. )is a short stagger 41,3as, perfect shape with a semi truck ,Steve cannot get mid 80s. Preditor Raceboat (sold last March for 80.000) Warpaint (another nice NJ Boat ) new 1000s ,full stagger ,3as is in the high ones.The fact that the boats you mentioned are of a lighter layup is great,but does that make them worth 2-3 times the forementioned.
Reddeath, Did you own a red Sutphen with tripple outboards and keep it at Navesink a long while back? BTW, do you still have the Blue Viper that the guy over by Monmouth Racetrack worked on???

I own a 36' Apache and I bought it "below" market value with a blown engine....rebuilt both of them got new drives and paid the difference of what the boat would have been worth running.

Last edited by Panther; 11-06-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Registered

RBR ,just because you put it in does not meen you get it back.Panther,yes i did.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

RBR ,just because you put it in does not meen you get it back.Panther,yes i did.
Damn garbage trucks!!! Your boat was sick, I was always a big fan!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

PS RBR the white 41 i spoke about in an earlyier post-now wrecked is a prime example of what i am talking about.A Calif boat EVERY MECHANICAL part in the boat was restored to NEW(Number6s,1000s ect )Cosmetically it showed almost show room yet the guy who was trying to sell it had it listed forever and could not get 250,000.00(AND HE HAD ALOT MORE THAN THAT INVESTED) WHY The market is just not there.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Registered

Panther (Frank )thank you so much.That old Sutphen could hall some serious ass in its day.I am now trying to do the same with an Apache.If i am sucessful you are always welcome to go for a ride,come down to the Navasink or if your out on the river ask any state trooper where i am at ,for some strange reason they always knew,thanks again,JOE.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Registered

PS say hello to Bret for me (judging by my past history we may have to take him along -just in case )
Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered

I would compare shopping for an Apache to someone shopping for a vintage automobile.
I've been shopping for Apache's (in my dreams) for a long time.
A number of 41's in all different configurations have come up for sale in the last few years for all sorts of different money.
But if you want the "right" Apache, I guess it's kind of like looking for a winner at Pebble Beach...It was restored properly, therefor it'll sell for more money.
Tonto, WarHawk, Tatonka, Warpath, Allez Vite, Geronimo, and a small handful of others are just in a different league.
These boats and their owners have just raised the bar, it's really just that simple.
In my opinion they are worth every last penney.

Quick Reply: Red Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.