Notices

Red Death

Old 10-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Red Death

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
Please tell me one thing ,Preditior SOLD without power last March for 85000.00.add approx 70000.00 for NEW POWER and EXHAUST( 155,000.00 TOTAL) SO how is TONTO worth TWICE this much.?.If someone were to pay mid 3s asking price it is concievable(and quite propable) that since the power,drive,s trannys ect are GOD KNOWS how used another hundred grand can go on top of the mid 3 selling price .Now we are up to 450,000.00 for a twenty year old boat.
If you can get 2 new Chief Supercharged engines with new stellings exhaust for 70k, God Bless You. And if a twenty year old boat offends you, then look elsewhere. I don't think that telling someone like Tonto that his boat is not worth what he is asking is prudent. Steve Nykamp told you that Apache is a special build and he knows Apaches. Shop your powerboat, but don't offend members. OSO is a tight knit group, especially the Apache guys.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not SPECIFY Chief engines.There are MANY very good engine builders out there who will sell new 1000s with exhaust for 70.000.00 Also there is nothing wrong with a 20 year old hull at a REASONIBLE, REALISTIC PRICE.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Registered

PS I guess if someone is trying to sell something at two times the market value i should keep quiet because the seller says its worth it when direct sales evidence(as i have provided) says its not.Please excuse me.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I did not SPECIFY Chief engines.There are MANY very good engine builders out there who will sell new 1000s with exhaust for 70.000.00 Also there is nothing wrong with a 20 year old hull at a REASONIBLE, REALISTIC PRICE.
PS I guess if someone is trying to sell something at two times the market value i should keep quiet because the seller says its worth it when direct sales evidence(as i have provided) says its not.Please excuse me.

Tonto and Flying Falcon have Chief engines, you can buy cheaper but not better.
They were both restored by the best in the business and that is a expensive undertaking.
If you can't afford their price, then don't buy it. But it is offensive to tell someone that has spent a ton of money restoring a Carbon fiber/Kevlar Apache that his Boat is not worth it. You sound like an offensive know it all and OSO members are keen to see that. You know so much then go out and get it. Your excused.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 10-24-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Registered

Not saying i know it all, what i am saying is just because you put big money into something (20 years old )does not meen you get the same moey put in back.The sales market is just not there.The forementioned is the SAME REASON you see the SAME overpriced hulls and boats on the forem momth after month WITHOUT a buyer.You would not happen to be one of these guys trying to sell something a way over market value would you.If so how long has ypor boat been for sale?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Not saying i know it all, what i am saying is just because you put big money into something (20 years old )does not meen you get the same moey put in back.The sales market is just not there.The forementioned is the SAME REASON you see the SAME overpriced hulls and boats on the forem momth after month WITHOUT a buyer.You would not happen to be one of these guys trying to sell something a way over market value would you.If so how long has ypor boat been for sale?
If I wanted to be a con artist I would start out with vending machines.
Good luck in your search
Old 10-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

PS I guess the quote given to me of 25000.00(plus marine hardware ) each for a pair of 572 intercooled blower engines by racing legend Pat Musi of Carteret NJ is worthless because he did not charge enough..(The guy wrote the book on the Chevy Big Block).
Old 10-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

yea and those will fuk up the first time you run your boat....Chief is the BEST motor builder in the world ( Tommy) i would put him against anyone in the engine bizz...enough said....about p.paul's a[ache that is a beautiful boat ...but according to many out there those motor are older then who knows who and please don't tell me you believe his boat runs 120 + mph......and by the way you are wrong with what Predator was bought for an it's not ur bizz....you want a real offshore rig look no further then a 41 apache...they are worth all the money in the world....and right after that is a 38 90mph....PERIOD

Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Registered

Remember same boats,same OVERINFLATED PRICES, same forem month after month ,same result- NO BUYERS.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Registered

Preditor was sold for mid 80s according to the broker that sold it and it is a direct reflection of market value on Apaches.To say one engine builder is better then another is an opinion.To say putting a Pat Musi engine in an offshore boat will result in a blowup is beyond ignorant.Check the mans credentials (go to any major NHRA Race )he dominates for a reason.

Quick Reply: Red Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.