Red Death

Notices

Red Death

Old 10-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Red Death

Im not picking sides here or trying to offend anyone, but from an objective standpoint I think the following would apply:

1. A boat or vessel is worth what ever the current market will bear for it.. (if your looking to sell it).. If you are not really looking to sell or dont have to then you can ask what ever you want. So if you have 3 or 400k in a boat & dont need to sell you can afford to wait to recoup your money... The boat will be worth it to the RIGHT person..

2. An Apache is a phenominal boat with a good ride.. The old ones still rival and can out run many of the new boats built by some manufacturers..

3. Restoring any boat or repowering it is expensive.. Throw in top name engine builders & high quality labor it's gonna cost.. ( I am not bashing your friend, but there are also more than one engine builder out there and some charge more than others and they all have their reasons for why the bill what they do.. )...

4. Even though I dont own & never owned an Apache, I too have worked on em & have been out in em... The are a boat to be respected.. I am not one of those boat predjudice people either.. There are good brands & bad brands.. I currently Have & run a Donzi ( I have owned & run several of them).. I also Have owned a Scarab, Magnum & a Baja in the past as far as perfomance boats.. And I have aslo owned a few century's & chris crafts too in the past ( non perf boats).. BTW My current Donzi is up for sale, time to look for a bigger boat again (and it may not be a Donzi).. By the way I am asking what I am because of a few things, 1 the boat retails for more than my asking price, 2 the boat is cherry & is worth the money & has the balance of the warranty on it as well as some add ons, 3 I dont have to sell it immediatley so time is on my side.. I can do what I want with it..

5. Can we all get along now?? We all I believe are here for at least 1 common reason.. Love of the performance boat.. J
Old 10-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
I dont want people on the forem to get the wrong idea here.To me the Apache is the KING of all big water boats and hopefully i will own one this winter but at market value.

Red, if that one doesnt work for you, you will find one in good time.. If the one you find is anything like other ones we have seen, worked on or been in you will love it.. J
Old 10-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

a member bought an open checkbook apache.fresh power new linner new gastanks total clean boat. Has been down for months.......to good to be true. ya right...........this stuff changes hand when its tired..........m.m........p.s.....if you have a 41 apache with 3 or 4 hundred thousand dollars in it..........200,000.00 better be in a paper bag under the deck............mark.......
Attached Thumbnails Red Death-lastscan23.jpg  
Old 10-25-2006, 08:39 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry, but i dont see TONTO for sale. So there is no real asking price.
Asking is just asking, not what it sold for.
And Kageman seems like a great deal. Although it might not be the best 41 set up for racing. If that was your goal, I'd talk to MM. You could probably buy his unrigged.
And yes, chief builds a great engine. But would Laz Mesa be much worse at probably 1/2 the price? eventhough Chiefs resale could be better.
Damn, Zul makes a great engine, but JC does alot of his assembly work, so why not buy a JC at 40% less than a zul?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:41 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Hey Mark!!! I dig that shot of the windmill... must bring back memories.

I was probably feeding the ducks, off the back of my moms bicycle, across the street at duck pond while you bubbled by in your 28cig.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

This is a very generalized statement, but it is from my perspective.

The Apache guys as a whole seem to keep there boats at a level above most. They seem to keep them custom, yet hard core at a level unknown to most. To keep them at this level, they deal with certain builders and riggers which takes some serious cash.

They are heavier than most, but thats why they work well along with many other factors.

So yes you have market value, but your not dealing with an average boat. I realize there are cheaper ones, but as you refurbish to the level these other ones are at I think you will be amazed where you finish at.

Most people in the market for an Apache, understand that and are willing to pay the price for there passion.

And your passion will decide what you want to buy, as with anything in life.

Good Luck in your search.
Cougarman

Last edited by cougarman; 10-25-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered

close .........but no cigar!!!!!!!!!!!........27 magnum........how are you rob....then and now..........more boat less hair!!!!!!!!!could be worse..................windmill was in Sloss backyard............m.m........
Attached Thumbnails Red Death-1234.jpg  

Last edited by el indio; 10-12-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:03 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

what year did you sell the mag and get the cig? I'm talkin about 71-72.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

bought 28 cig. from Mike Friedman in 1980-81.......sold mag. in 82-3.......my 35 cig. had all the custom work you could imagine....a/c. large teak cabin.custom cockpit...ect....well after ton of maintainance I traded the boat for the 41 with no power.I knew after the fluffed out cig. I would never do that again........invest in xtra power not paint.its no fun to look at a broken boat no matter how nice it is............mark......
Attached Thumbnails Red Death-28.jpg   Red Death-gggg.jpg   Red Death-21.jpg  

Old 10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Red Death

Originally Posted by cougarman
This is a very generalized statement, but it is from my perspective.

The Apache guys as a whole seem to keep there boats at a level above most. They seem to keep them custom, yet hard care at a level unknown to most. To keep them at this level, they deal with certain builders and riggers which takes some serious cash.

They are heavier than most, but thats why they work well along with many other factors.

So yes you have market value, but your not dealing with an average boat. I realize there are cheaper ones, but as you refurbish to the level these ather ones are at I think you will be amazed where you finish at.

Most people in the market for an Apache, understand that and are willing to pay the price for there passion.

And your passion will decide what you want to buy, as with anything in life.

Good Luck in your search.
Cougarman

Man ! That was well said !!

Quick Reply: Red Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.