Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Fixer upper @ custom marine >

Fixer upper @ custom marine

Notices

Fixer upper @ custom marine

Old 09-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Ran With This Boat Up In New York In 2000 We Ran Side By Side Under The George Washington Bridge. The Boat Look Good It"s A Good Fealing When Two Great Boat Are Together And The Throddles Pinned To The Dash.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Panther,

My little man just turned 18 months and loves the Apache. We ask him what kind of boat he has and he puts his hand over his mouth and makes an indian sound.

My changing table is on the starboard side as well. There is a nifty little compartment on mine that my wife has full of diapers and wet wipes.

Part of the reason we got an Apache was safety and the ability to cruise with a small child and not get rocked. We have definately been impressed and are very glad we finally pulled the trigger and got one.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I would love to have that boat; an Apache 41 has always been a dream of mine. We sold our offshore boat (AT) when we had our first child a little over two years ago, and have missed the fun of it ever since. Then I come over to this forum and read of changing tables in the Apaches

I was an airworthiness inspector/IA on private/corporate jets for over 25 years and am now sem-retired; still doing some consulting and contracting for a few owners in Chicago. A project like this would be right up my alley since I can do all of my own work and have a little more time on my hands..... stuff like this always comes around when cash flow is a little low
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered

KIDDS That boat belonged to my friend. I still have a few pictures from that day under the GW. The boat is not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Its a great deal for someone who appreciates these old boats.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
Panther,

My little man just turned 18 months and loves the Apache. We ask him what kind of boat he has and he puts his hand over his mouth and makes an indian sound.

My changing table is on the starboard side as well. There is a nifty little compartment on mine that my wife has full of diapers and wet wipes.

Part of the reason we got an Apache was safety and the ability to cruise with a small child and not get rocked. We have definately been impressed and are very glad we finally pulled the trigger and got one.
Cool!!! We're looking forward to next summer with our first kid on the boat!! I expect that we wont be making weekend lunch runs to the Patio Bar in Pt. Pleasant or Braccos on Long Island.... I'm expecting more overnight types of trips!!!!!!

My father always told me when I was growing up; "It's cheaper to run the boat taking overnight trips then staying local or making lunch runs!

Do you have the same changing table? See below!
Attached Thumbnails Fixer upper @ custom marine-cabin5-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Do you have the same changing table? See below!
We have what some of you refer to as a "changing table", but since the kids are 21 and 18, we are proud to refer to ours as the "wet bar" and it's "always open."
Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
We have what some of you refer to as a "changing table", but since the kids are 21 and 18, we are proud to refer to ours as the "wet bar" and it's "always open."
No no no, the wet bar is on the opposite side, directly across from the changing table!
Attached Thumbnails Fixer upper @ custom marine-cabin4-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
No no no, the wet bar is on the opposite side, directly across from the changing table!
We don't have that. Ours is just a padded area with the drawers below it. We got ripped off!!!

Below the "changing table" (that's just not right ) is a cooler and sink. Looks like your "wet bar" is the cooler. Yes/no?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

OK, now that I look closer at your changing table, our entire top pics up to where the cooler/sink are. They are not out in the open at all.

Honestly, I like the cooler/sink area below the top because I can store stuff in there and it's not bouncing around below in the cabin while we're running.

In addition to the wet bar, you will also find an Indian head dress, bow and arrow (suction cup of course), Indian Pumpkin Seeds, Candy Corn, Squaw necklace, a mini-drum.....our friends......where would we be without them LOL!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
We don't have that. Ours is just a padded area with the drawers below it. We got ripped off!!!

Below the "changing table" (that's just not right ) is a cooler and sink. Looks like your "wet bar" is the cooler. Yes/no?
Yeah, the wet bar has a sink and area to store a cooler. Not sure if it was an option but I suppose you could install a fridge if you wanted. A handfull of the 36's had stand-up chitters on the STBD side.

The cabin's are somewhat similiar, although the 36' has almost 6ft headroom at the start and about 5'8" futher forward with a queen size v-berth ahead and couches midway. We have storage on the left side (under the changing table) and also another storage compartment on the right side further back.
Attached Thumbnails Fixer upper @ custom marine-cabin2-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Panther; 09-27-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Fixer upper @ custom marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.