Dash Ideas on a 36' >

Dash Ideas on a 36'

Notices

Dash Ideas on a 36'

Old 11-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dash Ideas on a 36'

I am planning on updating my dash over the winter and was wondering if anyone has any pics of their dash if they have updated it over the years. I don't want to be a copy cat, but I am just looking for some ideas.

Mine is as stock as the day she was born in 1995. White guages W/White rims. Black throttles, White wheel, and Black toggle switches. Even the rim around my trim and tab guage is black. I am think of using blue as my accent color since that is the accent in the cabin.

I am thinking blue steering wheel, and blue bezels. Unless I go platinum on the bezels and wheel so that it still matches the black on the toggles (see I need some ideas) ?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Dash Ideas on a 36'-l_199536apache004.jpg  

Last edited by baywatch; 11-09-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:20 AM
BRD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like your platinum guages / wheel idea ... nice and clean !
Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

Are you keeping the current guages???

If so, I'd just do chrome bezels. The are a lot of nice wheels with a platinum and black combination with polished spokes to match.

If you're gonna replace guages, then I'd get an overall plan for redoing the entire dash and do part at a time.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 AM
Steve_H

talk to vincent.
Attached Thumbnails Dash Ideas on a 36'-im000713sm.jpg  

Old 11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Are you keeping the current guages???

If so, I'd just do chrome bezels. The are a lot of nice wheels with a platinum and black combination with polished spokes to match.

If you're gonna replace guages, then I'd get an overall plan for redoing the entire dash and do part at a time.
Originally, I was going to totally redo everything. However, all of the gaffrig guages that are on there now work fine and I kind of like that the Speedo has the Apache emblem on it. So I guess platinum Bezels is the way to go with a new wheel. Where is the best place to order that is actually going to ship the stuff before spring?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
talk to vincent.
Is that Vincent @ Vincent custom Paint? Some time down the road I would like to get my Paint touched up and a fresh coat of Clear.

I am not sure if I am ready for that extreme of a Dash Overhaul at this point.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
Originally, I was going to totally redo everything. However, all of the gaffrig guages that are on there now work fine and I kind of like that the Speedo has the Apache emblem on it. So I guess platinum Bezels is the way to go with a new wheel. Where is the best place to order that is actually going to ship the stuff before spring?
When we redid our gauges on the Stinger we ordered and dealt with Livorsi, Ed Mannion. Never had a problem with them. We are updating some of our gauges and will order through them again. They will put the Apache emblem on the gauga, but I'm not sure what the upcharge is.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Baywatch,

I updated my dash a few years ago, it really made things look good.

Here's what I did;

1. New Dash Panel - powdercoated white with different guage layout because the previous owner got rid of the water speedo. I left the center open a little to make room for my GPS.

2. All new switch panels powder coated white and laser etched. The old panels were black.

3. Painted the bezel around the trim indicators to match the bezels on the guages. Installed a new white trim indicator card from Mercury.

4. Painted the throttle handles to match the bezels. The throttles were marine machine Stainless Steel with a white powder coated base.

I didn't go crazy with it...I just changed everything that what black to white and matched all the bezels to the boat.

Your dash configuration is similiar to mine but I don't have the speedo and I think I have a few more gauges than yours. My hour meters are behind the dash to make room for boost guages (blowers) and I also recently mounted two oil temp guages to the left of the steering wheel with 45* bezels so they can been seen while underway.

The wiring of the switch panels and the dash are done really well so it make the switchover easier, albeit very time consuming.

The first picture is after the panels, shifters and trim indicator was finished. The previous owner of my boat had "STARBOARD" for the dash (idiot)..... Second picture was the day after I put in the new dash...following day I put the extra screws in the dash to fill in those extra holes.
Attached Thumbnails Dash Ideas on a 36'-600_geronimo_7_.jpg   Dash Ideas on a 36'-memorial%2520day%252007%2520009%2520%2528medium%2529.jpg  
Old 11-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

36 apache dash pix

http://www.custommarinesales.com/cla...page=out&id=95
Old 11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
Nice!!!

Quick Reply: Dash Ideas on a 36'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.