NEW Apache in the Mold >

NEW Apache in the Mold

Notices

NEW Apache in the Mold

Old 05-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 3,259 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger 1
That's all good and well but eventually, somebody gets stuck with a turd and gets their feelings hurt.
That's my whole point. The boat is definately no turd. Don't let those on here that have never been in it say other wise.

And from my understanding, owners buying a new ol, taking parts out to put in it. Unknown what the fate of the apache will be but like I said; someone will most likely be able to pick it up (less power/drives/etc) for a decent price considering it's brand new. And if it were me, I'd cut the euro step off, cut down the fairing and remove the radar arch. Then we're talking about a bad azz apache imho.

2fast4you,

"120's" is what I heard but don't know the exact top speed. Figure a 50 Cig maurader runs 125 (give or take some dialing in) with the same power, so for anyone that says this boats a turd and too heavy, I think not.

Last edited by thisistank; 05-12-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to be able to afford Cold War. Come on Mega Millions! LOL!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
That's my whole point. The boat is definately no turd. Don't let those on here that have never been in it say other wise.

And from my understanding, owners buying a new ol, taking parts out to put in it. Unknown what the fate of the apache will be but like I said; someone will most likely be able to pick it up (less power/drives/etc) for a decent price considering it's brand new. And if it were me, I'd cut the euro step off, cut down the fairing and remove the radar arch. Then we're talking about a bad azz apache imho.

2fast4you,

"120's" is what I heard but don't know the exact top speed. Figure a 50 Cig maurader runs 125 (give or take some dialing in) with the same power, so for anyone that says this boats a turd and too heavy, I think not.

I wasn't calling the boat a turd. I was just refering to the musical motors game.
I'm with you on the surgury though. With all that kevlar and carbon fibre I'll bet someone will go through plenty of sawzall blades as well as a couple of saws before all is said and done.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Roger 1
I'm with you on the surgury though. With all that kevlar and carbon fibre I'll bet someone will go through plenty of sawzall blades as well as a couple of saws before all is said and done.
Roger
I know I'm in the minority on this one. No Surgery. I would take that Apache back to McManus, have him install 3 new Teague Engines and Merc VI SSM drives, install bolsters of my liking and enjoy that Apache Powerboat!
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-12-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Roger
I know I'm in the minority on this one. No Surgery. I would take that Apache back to McManus, have him install 3 new Teague Engines and Merc VI SSM drives, install bolsters of my liking and enjoy that Apache Powerboat!
Ed
Triple 1200 twin turbo Chiefs and Weismann 6s is the way I would go. Or twin 1800hp TM turbines and BPM or Arneson drives.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Registered

Twin turbines would be really cool in this boat.....definately a one off then (not that it isn't now).
Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't get it. Someone contracts to build a brand new boat from the ground up, test runs a few times and is having another one built by a different manufacturer, derigging the current boat but nothing is wrong??? Something seems fishy.

Not for nothing but if the guy is worried about speed or weight they should probably be talking to MTI, Skater or Mystic.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2 fast 4 you
Twin turbines would be really cool in this boat.....definately a one off then (not that it isn't now).
Originally Posted by Catmando
Triple 1200 twin turbo Chiefs and Weismann 6s is the way I would go. Or twin 1800hp TM turbines and BPM or Arneson drives.
Euro deck, radar/light tower, extended swim platform with integral exhaust and now twin tubines with surface drives! Would'nt I like to be able to afford that powerboat! LOL!
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-13-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Euro deck, radar/light tower, extended swim platform with integral exhaust and now twin tubines with surface drives! Would'nt I like to be able to afford that powerboat! LOL!
Ed
No, i think i'd rather be able to afford to de-rig and sell a boat like that AND move on to another boat of almost equal dollar or even more for that matter, haha.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2 fast 4 you
No, i think i'd rather be able to afford to de-rig and sell a boat like that AND move on to another boat of almost equal dollar or even more for that matter, haha.
To write those checks there must be a lot of ink in that pen.

Quick Reply: NEW Apache in the Mold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.