NEW Apache in the Mold >

NEW Apache in the Mold

Notices

NEW Apache in the Mold

Old 05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 3,259 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
not after seeing that video. not the apache ride i know. mm. ps.might be the driver.
I don't know if you can base the ride on one video of the boat on one of it's maiden voyages in huge seas with a test driver. Looks to me like they're running a LOT of tab. Almost reminded me of the video of the Sunsation (I think) that stuffed because he was running so much tab.

If you're out doing a shake down test in someone elses boat in BIG water, are you going to try and run it hard (with out bolsters mind you)? Playing with the drives, the tabs, running it next to a helicopter.

Compare the 54' video to the warpath video. They said 4-8's in the warpath video and the seas the 54 is running in look twice that.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't count it out based on that video.

But then again, you or I aren't going to buy it, so who really cares. Just making conversation.

Last edited by thisistank; 05-18-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by thisistank
I don't know if you can base the ride on one video of the boat on one of it's maiden voyages in huge seas with a test driver. Looks to me like they're running a LOT of tab. Almost reminded me of the video of the Sunsation (I think) that stuffed because he was running so much tab.

If you're out doing a shake down test in someone elses boat in BIG water, are you going to try and run it hard (with out bolsters mind you)? Playing with the drives, the tabs, running it next to a helicopter.

Compare the 54' video to the warpath video. They said 4-8's in the warpath video and the seas the 54 is running in look twice that.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't count it out based on that video.

But then again, you or I aren't going to buy it, so who really cares. Just making conversation.
who knows next rear the O.L. might be at the sea ray factory.[de-rigged]. we will see how much abuse this boater can take. cya.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:
Tank
I agree, that is some huge water Cold War is running through, and they push it pretty hard through that stuff considering there were no bolsters. And let's not forget that is a pleasure boat. What other manufacturer would even try to run their hull in those seas? Probably none, and the reason is because they won't hold up. Apache powerboats will hold up running those seas for decades.
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-18-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 3,259 Likes on 1,055 Posts

who knows next rear the O.L. might be at the sea ray factory.[de-rigged]. we will see how much abuse this boater can take. cya.
Yea, it'll be interesting to see how the O.L. runs. This Apache was purpuse built to run in big Russian waters. Cold and rough!

I don't really know how well an OL will hold up in those conditions. I would think it'll take a no-nonsense boat built to withstand BIG water. To me that screems Apache.

When you ask what's the best rough water boat ever built. Apache is always brought up. Cigarette. Sutphen, etc.....Guess we'll just see what happens.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Yea, it'll be interesting to see how the O.L. runs. This Apache was purpuse built to run in big Russian waters. Cold and rough!

I don't really know how well an OL will hold up in those conditions. I would think it'll take a no-nonsense boat built to withstand BIG water. To me that screems Apache.

When you ask what's the best rough water boat ever built. Apache is always brought up. Cigarette. Sutphen, etc.....Guess we'll just see what happens.
I agree with you on the Apache in rough water, they proved themselves back in the 80's and can still hang when it gets big. It's the reason I bought one.

One thing I can say is two of my buddie's have 51' OL's and they ride phenomenal in rough water. I've seen it and experienced it a few times. Also, the newer Epoxy boat runs 96 mph with (3) 600's (13K lbs) and the older boat runs 90 mph with (3) 625's (15k lbs). Both are full pleasure boats, stand up heads, fridge, AC, monstrous cockpit, genny the who nine yards. Also, Sgro's 51' has some big twin engines and the boat runs in the 100's.

The 52' is a new model so it's going to be interesting what it does with those big 1200's.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Tank
I agree, that is some huge water Cold War is running through, and they push it pretty hard through that stuff considering there were no bolsters. And let's not forget that is a pleasure boat. What other manufacturer would even try to run their hull in those seas? Probably none, and the reason is because they won't hold up. Apache powerboats will hold up running those seas for decades.
Ed
and film it to boot. the driver could have been part of the problem. i would burn that video before i would show it. some apaches have past the test of time. now they are living off old reputation. alot of that going around. cya.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

and film it to boot. the driver could have been part of the problem. i would burn that video before i would show it. some apaches have past the test of time. now they are living off old reputation. alot of that going around. cya.
I don't agree. That helicopter pilot was much better then the one Ben hired. SeaU. LOL!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I don't agree. That helicopter pilot was much better then the one Ben hired. SeaU. LOL!
FYI.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Apache in the Mold-fu.jpg  
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

FYI.
put it where it belongs
Attached Images  

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-20-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger 1
It's a shame to see a new boat suffer that fate.

If He's selling parts I call dibs on the next rad radar mounted on the arch. It's tornado season here and I'd like to have one for my shop.
Tornadoes in Kankakee? Maybe in Peotone or Dwight. I'll send you one up from Central Illinois.

Careful Magnum...You might tick Ed off. YOU of all people, Magnum, should know not to talk about the truth like that. I mean YOU were there and LIVED the history. What the hell does Magnum Mark know anyway????

We need to get together and have lunch.

Ed, its good that you are cheering Mr. McManus on and showing the love, but, I didn't say that anyone builds crap, I said that I didn't like the deck. My OPINION! Its good that you keep stirring the pot and its nice to know that I am not the only one that you take offense to their comments.

You boys have fun. I'm going boating.

Big Andy

Quick Reply: NEW Apache in the Mold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.