NEW Apache in the Mold >

NEW Apache in the Mold

Notices

NEW Apache in the Mold

Old 05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

47 Patriot..... race layup ....triple Teague 1000's......#6SSM drives....for sale....as new!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
I have seen a other black 41 called warpath ( i know ) ,,LOL ,,but it had big blower motors and #4's full staggered and is a race/poker run boat out of Luosiana.
He raced in BILOXI ( OSS ) this year ,,in march .
How many warpaths are there ? mmmhhh.
any pics?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
any pics?
The only one i have.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Apache in the Mold-apache-5.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
The only one i have.
Hoggie?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hoggie?
WHO IS IT?
Attached Thumbnails NEW Apache in the Mold-13.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Banned

Hoggie?
Could be ,the owner named it WARPATH ?!

I think thats just wrong ,,but he is a cool guy and the boat is actually nice ,but needs some work.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Also the throttle man in the ALLEZ VITE,,i hope has learned how to do this better,,he missed allot. HEHE[/QUOTE]

You are correct!

Props were too small, and we were all over the rev-limiters.

With blower motors and Y-pipes, it sounds worse than it it really was. Lots of back-firing.

I found that the only way to be competitive was to run on the limiters, and be trimmed way out and loose.

It doesn't look/sound very good, and Bobby Saccenti would never run like that , but it seemed to work for us. Never blew a motor, and won some races. And never lost to BS or Reggie with identical power (Merc 1000 SC's).

In this video, we came in FIRST in the 1991 Worlds in Key West.

Pretty amazing for some mopes like us. After that race,MM aked us how we did, (he was in transit and didn't see it), and he thought we were kidding when we told him. Very unexpected

There are more videos I could post, but I'm embarrassed that we were on the limiters way too much. Doesn't sound as accomplished as I would like.

But who am I kidding? We were some total amatures who happened to have some good luck, and some great fun. We were nothing special, but we wouldn't trade our memories for anything.

The main thing to remember, is that Marc McManus built a GREAT boat when he built Allez Vite!

Last edited by ApachePete; 05-30-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 3,228 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by ApachePete

You are correct!

With blower motors and Y-pipes, it sounds worse than it it really was. Lots of back-firing.

I found that the only way to be competitive was to run on the limiters, and be trimmed way out and loose.

It doesn't look/sound very good, and Bobby Saccenti would never run like that , but it seemed to work for us. Never blew a motor, and won some races. And never lost to BS or Reggie with identical power (Merc 1000 SC's).

Pretty amazing for some mopes like us. After that race,MM aked us how we did, (he was in transit and didn't see it), and he thought we were kidding when we told him. Very unexpected

There are more videos I could post, but I'm embarrassed that we were on the limiters way too much. Doesn't sound as accomplished as I would like.

But who am I kidding? We were some total amatures who happened to have some good luck, and some great fun. We were nothing special, but we wouldn't trade our memories for anything.

The main thing to remember, is that Marc McManus built a GREAT boat when he built Allez Vite!

Ha! That's a great story. Looked like you guys were straight GETTIN' IT!

I've never seen that video before. Very cool. Gave me the chills.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ApachePete
Also the throttle man in the ALLEZ VITE,,i hope has learned how to do this better,,he missed allot. HEHE
You are correct!

The main thing to remember, is that Marc McManus built a GREAT boat when he built Allez Vite![/QUOTE]

So when are u going to bring it back to FL ,where it belongs and then i can meet u and maybe get a ride in my dream boat .
If i ever get the funds i defiantly going to buy it !!!!

I love that boat,,and it actually looked good in the video,,it just sounded like u missed !

Sorry
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Registered

Nope, I don't see any mention of another powerboat company. My comments are focused on Mark McManus' powerboat building prowess. Also, now that you mention it, Apache does have an excellent safety record.
You know, after looking at the statement more closely, I realized that you didn't mention another boat company, DIRECTLY! What a TOOLBAG! An insinuation of another company or companies is a reference, nonetheless. Still, it is tough to have accidents or perceived risk when you produce very small numbers of product.

Say it how ever you would like, we all still got the point.

I, too, am still curious why you don't take your boat to Mr. McManus to have your boat redone. Since, you have every faith in his building prowess and seem to be the president of his fan-club. Why not take your most prized boating possession to the person who knows the most about it and will do the best job on redoing it?

Quick Reply: NEW Apache in the Mold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.