Notices

NEW Apache in the Mold

Old 06-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Frank
If you feel your Apache Performance Boat isn't worth much then who am I to argue with you? Sell it to Dreamer for 10 bucks. Then you both will be happy. Have a nice Eternity.
Ed
Ed, you can twist and turn it any way you want, the fact is, these boats aren't worth $1.2M in the open market.... You're friend might spend that much but he'll be lucky to see half when he sells it.

My point remains the same.

El Indio
The gentleman interested in Cold War is a personal friend of mine. Of course a millionaire, but you have to have those millions stacked high to buy, rig & maintain a powerboat of this magnitude. I will put some rough numbers together for him and then look at his shocked face! If he decides to persue it, my recomendation is of course to take it back to the man that built it....McManus. Let's see what he does.
Thanks
Ed
Good news, now both of you can bring your boats back to McManus to finish them up. Hopefully your millionaire friend is happier with this boat than the last guy. Ask your buddy to throw in some extra cash so you can finish your boat...MM will probably give you a package deal anyway, keep him busy for a year.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Typical negative downbeat remarks. It really demeans the sport of powerboating, and turns away possible new members to the Offshore Powerboating Community. Not to mention hurts all of the excellent people who make their living & provide for a family in a Powerboat oriented company.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-05-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:35 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
NO DOWN TIME WHATS THAT WORTH?
Now that is a silly question Mark.
How many guys own boats that haven't touched water (besides rain) for years?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:38 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Panther
... the fact is, these boats aren't worth $1.2M in the open market.... You're friend might spend that much but he'll be lucky to see half when he sells it.

My point remains the same.
Guys are building LipShip 20s at well over 100k each.
It ain't about what they'll be worth later, it's what its worth is in enjoyment to the owner... NOW.
And per MM, to him its out there on the water running.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Typical negative downbeat remarks. It really demeans the sport of powerboating, and turns away possible new members to the Offshore Powerboating Community. Not to mention hurts all of the excellent people who make their living & provide for a family in a Powerboat oriented company.
Again, you don't see it...

It's not negative and down beat... Anyone looking to get int he performance boating world should enter this sport knowing the costs and be one with it before jumping in with both feet. There's too many times where people are mislead because they have money and in the end it ruins our sport and the performance boating community as a whole.

I've grown up around these boats my entire life, worked in the industry and have owned them. I don't BS with people and tell them like it is because I've seen so many come and go and that bothers me more than you being upset about posting reality.

This sport takes passion and dedication, if that's not there these "millionaires" including the regular people like you and I will get in over their heads and/or burned out very quickly.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Quite a few, yet they know it all.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
I'm one of them. Here is why.
I bought the Comanche with the intention of installing new power, trans, 6 drives, some modifications in a 3 to 4 year timeline. Guess what? Times up. Project not complete.
Now the upside
Work has been so time consuming and profitable that I almost have the Comanche paid off. Engine hatch modifications finished & paid off, 4 brand new #6 wet sump drives paid off. Two brand new wet sump transom assemblies paid off. Plus two new transmissions paid off. I'm working on it! It's taking longer than expected, and in the end it will be a beautiful powerboat. I tend to keep a powerboat 20 plus years. Speaking of that...I have had that Cigarette Firefox for 22 years. Time for a ad in the classifieds!
Keep the faith
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-06-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Althought I only saw you out with it 1-2 times, your Firefox is/was very nice.

Years ago, you pulled up to Navesink when I was working there. I said hello but doubt you remember.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Ed, i know what it takes to do it right, that is why i'm not doing it at all right now.
There are guys out there that buy these beasts w/o knowing what it takes to get'em going and keep them that way. Now they can't/won't get'r done.

Btw, don't sell the 24... coolest FF there is, and i'd hate to see it get in the wrong hands.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm one of them. Here is why.
I bought the Comanche with the intention of installing new power, trans, 6 drives, some modifications in a 3 to 4 year timeline. Guess what? Times up. Project not complete.
Now the upside
Work has been so time consuming and profitabe that I almost have the Comanche paid off. 4 brand new #6 wet sump drives paid off. Two brand new wet sump transom assemblies paid off. Plus two new transmissions paid off. I'm working on it! It's taking longer than expected, but in the end it will be a beautiful powerboat. And I tend to keep a powerboat 20 plus years. Speaking of that...I have had that Cigarette Firefox for 22 years. Time for a ad in the classifieds!
Keep the faith
Ed

GOOD. DO IT RIGHT.DO IT ONCE,AND MAINTAIN. BIG JOB, NOT CHEAP. ANTICAPATION OUTWEIGHS DELIVERY. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. MM.PS. I HAVE MINE A LOOONG TIME.

Quick Reply: NEW Apache in the Mold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.