Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Both of those Cig's are beautiful!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
The Russian buyer backed out of the 50 and the 20 before they were completed. The 50 sold and will stay in Fl. The 20 is still for sale I believe. Both amazing machines!
Thanks for the pics Tank, they are two of Cigarette's finest powerboats!
Ed
Old 06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A curiosity question; why is it that a 50' Cigarette is considered "beautiful" as Panther indicated but a 54' Apache is derided by the masses ?

TC
Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Maybe most people expect Cigarette to evolve their looks with the times, but some can't accept Apache doing that. Personally I love the look of the 54 Apache. When you see it in the water it has beautiful flowing lines.
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-16-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,228 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
A curiosity question; why is it that a 50' Cigarette is considered "beautiful" as Panther indicated but a 54' Apache is derided by the masses ?

TC
Personally, I don't like the "industrial" look of the 54. I think the wind fairing is gaudy, the radar arch is hideous and the "euro step" is not only unnecessary but also un-flattering. These three things take away from the beautiful lines of this Apache. I'm all for "evolution" of a powerboat company but these three aspects of this boat just didn't work (in my opinion). On the other hand, I absolutely love Tsunami, which is an Apache that I would consider "updated". Smoother lines, rounded edges...Very nice.

The 50 Cig still has the classic lines of the original Cigarettes (Top Gun) with subtlety that smooth out its appearance. Softer angles help with the look of the Marauder to give it a much more appealing look.

I mean, come on…the 50 Marauder is a bad mutha f*cker!! Who can argue with those lines?!

Attached Thumbnails NEW Apache in the Mold-apache.jpg   NEW Apache in the Mold-50-cig5.jpg   NEW Apache in the Mold-50%2520cig.jpg  

NEW Apache in the Mold-50-cig2.jpg   NEW Apache in the Mold-50cig2.jpg  
Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

[QUOTE=

Who can argue with those lines?!

TONY MONTANA?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Personally, I don't like the "industrial" look of the 54. I think the wind fairing is gaudy, the radar arch is hideous and the "euro step" is not only unnecessary but also un-flattering. These three things take away from the beautiful lines of this Apache. I'm all for "evolution" of a powerboat company but these three aspects of this boat just didn't work (in my opinion).
I believe Cold War has somewhat of a Military demeanor rather than industrial. Even the name evokes that premise. I certainly would love to see it completed & in my driveway. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Did I mention I was half Russian? LOL!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-10-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

TC
I agree with thisistank 100%.

I don't like the windshield on the Apache, nor do I like the engine hatch, bussle and arch on the Apache. The windshield seemed to work on Tsunami but I really think it looks out of place on the 54'.

If I were to have one built I would have it done with a different design. I would have went with a windshield design that in my opinion matches the boat. Inherently the Apache has very crisp lines and when you mix curves with crisp I think it looks out of place. The engine hatch looks like it belongs on something else. It's kinda like having a really skinny chick that weighs 100 lbs with some bolt-on double d fake boobs, it just looks out of place (inserted opinion).

It's a matter of personal preference. I like it from the rub-rail down, the hull itself is classic Apache/Cigarrette so that basically remains the same. I hope that answers your question...

Last edited by Panther; 06-16-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent analysis that answers my question. I personally don't care for the 54 wind fairing. The original was much more attractive, IMHO. However, the owner is extremely tall and needed it raised.

I hope someone takes the opportunity to re-rig the 54. They will then have the opportunity to redo the wind fairing, bustle, and engine hatch.

Thanks,

TC
Old 06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Excellent analysis that answers my question. I personally don't care for the 54 wind fairing. The original was much more attractive, IMHO. However, the owner is extremely tall and needed it raised.

I hope someone takes the opportunity to re-rig the 54. They will then have the opportunity to redo the wind fairing, bustle, and engine hatch.

Thanks,

TC
I hear ya, it's only fiberglass!

Of all the "new" modernized Apache's and Apache siblings I like Tsunami, the 42' Chief now being offered by Banana (7-10 mph faster with same power than a regular 41') and the Saber. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Pantera from that CNC mold.

Quick Reply: NEW Apache in the Mold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.