36' Apache X's, what do you have?

Notices

36' Apache X's, what do you have?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
I have bravo 1 on mine. Not sure on x? Have a link on exactly how to measure it? Also what props is everyone w/36 running? Does the bow want to ride high on yours? I notice I have to run a lot of tab to keep it down.
Here's a few pictures of how I measured....not the most accurate but for what I need the info for it's close enough.

Straight edge on the bottom of the boat, gimbal bearing tool installed and measure from the straight edge to the center of the tool. Measurements should be between 14-16"

If you measure the propshaft just put the drives in the down position, use the straight edge and measure the distance from the top of the straight edge to the center of the propshaft. Sorry, no pics on that one.

As far as drives and tabs...for normal cruising my boat likes tabs around 4 (neutral) and drives about 2.5 - 3 in calm water. Rougher water the drives are usually 2-2.5 and tabs down further depending on how big it is. Running hard in calm water, drives to 5-7, tabs 2. There aren't hard numbers, just kinda round about....I drive the boat by "feel" not by the numbers.
Attached Thumbnails 36' Apache X's, what do you have?-xdimension-002-medium-.jpg   36' Apache X's, what do you have?-xdimension-004-medium-.jpg  
Old 11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

I have bravo 1 on mine.
Oh yeah....props.. I'm also running Bravo 1's....

When I had 1.5 ratio drives I was spinning 32" Bravo 1's, now with the 1.30 BMax drives I run 26" Bravo ones...

The gear ratio difference made a big difference in prop size.

Thanks in advance for the info on your X Dimensions!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I have bravo 1 on mine. Not sure on x? Have a link on exactly how to measure it? Also what props is everyone w/36 running? Does the bow want to ride high on yours? I notice I have to run a lot of tab to keep it down.
Are you running 3 blades or 4 blades?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Here's a few pictures of how I measured....not the most accurate but for what I need the info for it's close enough.

Straight edge on the bottom of the boat, gimbal bearing tool installed and measure from the straight edge to the center of the tool. Measurements should be between 14-16"

If you measure the propshaft just put the drives in the down position, use the straight edge and measure the distance from the top of the straight edge to the center of the propshaft. Sorry, no pics on that one.

As far as drives and tabs...for normal cruising my boat likes tabs around 4 (neutral) and drives about 2.5 - 3 in calm water. Rougher water the drives are usually 2-2.5 and tabs down further depending on how big it is. Running hard in calm water, drives to 5-7, tabs 2. There aren't hard numbers, just kinda round about....I drive the boat by "feel" not by the numbers.
Good Illustration, I'll post the measurements as soon as I pick up the boat.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I think you're right, Roger's boat did have Bravo's.

Just curious on how much HP you had in her. Nice pics you posted.

Sorry for the thread drift Panther.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by baywatch
Good Illustration, I'll post the measurements as soon as I pick up the boat.
Thanks!

You can also measure from the bottom of the transom assembly (behind the mercathode - where it meets the transom) down to the bottom of the boat.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Baywatch... I'm sitting here thinking to myself... WOW the inside of his transom looks a lot less cluttered with hoses and chit than mine....where did they hide them all.....

I was about to ask you to email me some high rez pics of the engine compartment so I could see where it was all hiding. Then I noticed the picture of your transom and saw that you don't have external steering and it dawned on me that you have a lot less hydraulic hoses back there...

Old 12-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

Frank, I finally picked the boat up tonight and attempted to measure. I came up with 8 1/2" from the running surface to the center of the prop shaft. The running surface seems almost exactly the same elevation as the furthest point back on the cavitation plate ( where the drive showers are drilled through) when drives are trimmed all the way down.

I will double check tomorrow when it isn't dark and isn't raining on me
Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Thanks a lot for checking!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
I will double check tomorrow when it isn't dark and isn't raining on me
That could be months from now!

Quick Reply: 36' Apache X's, what do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.