Notices

41 Apache Warrior

Old 02-07-2008, 11:12 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
looks like it to me and i bought it from a dealer in chicago... those pics look pretty recent too? have any more?
I've got a few. That boat belonged to 2 friends of mine. The first guy owned it for about 5 years, then last year he sold it to another friend of ours from the same harbor, who was also one of his best friends.
When the second guy bought it, he had the engines pulled, and totally gone through by Wesco engines. While the boat was apart, he changed his mind several times about the HP he wanted to make. He finally decided to go with 850 hp. While the engines were on the dyno, we played around with pulleys, and I believe we seen around 950 with about 7 lbs.

Since the original plan was to remove the scoops off the hatchs, he decided to not go with intercoolers. The way the boat was when I brought it to Shogrens, the day before we seen 85 mph on a hand held GPS out here on lake Michigan. But, we had a pr. of my props on it too. 17 x 31 4 bladers.

I know quite alot about it as I helped the first owner do alot of the maintenece on it from 02-06. If you wanted to, I could put you in contact with him, as I'm sure he could answer any question you might have with er.

These pics are with the second owner, Mike, when I pulled it out of the water for him, in my driveway the day it left for Shogrens, and the last ride in it on lake Michigan.

Frank
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-image00015.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-image00011.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-image00021.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by UNCLEJOBIN
I think i need to now more about this swim club race???!!!

No we did not take it out for a spin but the motors ran fine. We ran them for about 2 hours each, I also got a lot of the records of recent work from Steve. He did take good care of her, and had spent a lot of money!!!
There are so many stories and some hard to believe!

The Warrior/Sand Bagger Story was one that stuck in my mind because it was worth a day in court... The two boats, the Apache and a Flat Deck Top Gun. These guys always went at it and one time the Bagger was pushing Warrior towards the beach so the Warrior wouldn't back down and came close enough to the beach that he ran over the lines in the swimming area and kept going. SBPD was called by the beach club and both men had their day in court..

Lots of stories with the coast guard, divers, NYPD....too funny! You bought a piece of history and as usual every Apache has a story!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
There are so many stories and some hard to believe!

The Warrior/Sand Bagger Story was one that stuck in my mind because it was worth a day in court... The two boats, the Apache and a Flat Deck Top Gun. These guys always went at it and one time the Bagger was pushing Warrior towards the beach so the Warrior wouldn't back down and came close enough to the beach that he ran over the lines in the swimming area and kept going. SBPD was called by the beach club and both men had their day in court..

Lots of stories with the coast guard, divers, NYPD....too funny! You bought a piece of history and as usual every Apache has a story!
do you have any pictures of the flat deck cig ?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 38flatdeck
do you have any pictures of the flat deck cig ?
Sure do....sorry for the quality in the first pic but it's old and scanned.
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-cig_sandbagger.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-600_pddmcgs_08-06-05_2_.jpg  
Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

Frank ask Leaf the story about the two scuba divers off Sandy Hook.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
Frank ask Leaf the story about the two scuba divers off Sandy Hook.
I just told him that one
Old 02-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BBILL1174
I just told him that one
You know him way better than I do so I'm sure you have some even better stories.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered

I knew one of the divers brother from college .They were really shook up for a while over that one.Another time i am coming out of Ichabods ,and hear sirens.The Apache Warrior pickup is being chases by 3 Rumson cops (Steve and Red were at Barnicles for hours,left speeding and apparently did not notice half the towns police force behind them trying to get them to pull over)Thank God i had a buddy with me who was a State Policeman who interveened or their *sses would still be in jail.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Just a quick update from the weekend
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-photo34.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-969679.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-photo35.jpg  

Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered

some more from the weekend
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-photo99.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-photo88.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-photo999.jpg  

Quick Reply: 41 Apache Warrior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.