Apache 28 Brave Update!

Notices

Apache 28 Brave Update!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
The cabin suprised me too, its got a lot of headroom for a 28. More than any of the boats I've been in. I hear people say "who uses the cabin anyways"........
In addition to rough water capabilities, the cabin in my boat is one of the more important reasons I bought a 36' Apache over say a 38' Top Gun. Which by the way I was close on a few but turned them away in favor of the Pach even though it was 2 ft shorter.....

We use our boat every weekend, we go boating locally, we spend the night on the boat, we go to the local raft-up, we need to get out of the sun sometime and have somewhere to take a piss or fix a drink.... I'm 5'11", I need headroom and comfort!

Man, I wish the original builder still built them!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
The boat has exactly 126 hours on the hull and I believe less on the motors, it is in a lot better cond. than I thought it would be for 25 grand, I kind of expected a basket case, it fired right up on the flusher yesterday with no problems, and everything work except 2 gauges and the bow light, and some other minor parts. What did suprise me was the cabin, it is large for a 28 ft boat, and mine look's like new(smells old) I think I got a great deal.
not to rain on your parade but 126 hours total? are you sure the hour meters werent replaced at some point over the last 20 years?

Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

The hour meters could be wrong, but I think they are right, based on the cond, and some other things, but who know's, its a 20 year old boat, it should have more then 500 hours on it by now??
Attached Thumbnails Apache 28 Brave  Update!-dsc03277.jpg  
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great find... enjoy your 'new' boat!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hour meters could be wrong, but I think they are right, based on the cond, and some other things, but who know's, its a 20 year old boat, it should have more then 500 hours on it by now??
I knew I should have bid on that boat.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:07 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Im leaving for Florida in the morning and the Apache is going to PA. on Sat for some updates. I am having the dash/ and glove box painted white, the crack's and paint fixed on the top deck, and having the boat re-clear coated. I am also doing some other upgrades to the carpet and floor. I have also have decided to upgrade the motors. I will post pics as the items get done, while I sit on the beach in Florida and get drunk, before my busy season starts. I am also having Blower scoops added to the sun pad.

Last edited by WMF; 02-14-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Sweet, do you mind me asking how much its going to cost to have the dash painted white? How much to fix the cracks in the paint on the top deck?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

it should have more then 500 hours on it by now??
I just clicked off 490 hours on my boat, it's a 95'. It had 240 hrs on it when I bought it 4 yrs ago (3 seasons).
Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can ask my guy( Denny Corvette Restos) what he would charge to do what he is going to do, he is doing it for free, he owes me some favors. We send him all are Jetski and jetboat work, he has been doing our Fiberglass work for the last 6 years. I will ask him what it would cost for you thou. I would also ask Jamie at Lakeside Restoration for a price, he knows his stuff and would be doing my work if it was not for the favors that Denny owes me.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bill, we will see you for the other stuff in the future..

Tex, as far as price goes not to be a smart ass, but it really depends on how much you need done & how bad it is.. Some stuff can start off at a few hundred bucks. Also some stuff can be extensive enough to warrant redoing the entire boat if there are enough scratches & cracks with literally the sky as the limit on price if you want a custom paint scheme.. I hope this helps Jamie / Lakeside

Quick Reply: Apache 28 Brave Update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.