Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Apache 28 Brave  Update! >

Apache 28 Brave Update!

Notices

Apache 28 Brave Update!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's not much to tell on the 28. They will run side-by-side with just about any 35 in sloppy water. Don't expect big speeds- they're robust. It may be a little resin bucket but it's still a resin bucket. If someone wantsd to race, tell them to call you on a day when the water's coming over the breakwall.

The boat looks well-equipped. External steering is nice. I'm not a big bravo guy but there's things that can be done to make them live longer. There's an update for the older one's that may or may not have been done on yours. Drive showers would be a big plus.

About all you can do to one is freshen things up and cosmetic updates. Other than that if the wiring is solid, you're all set. The boats are pretty much unbreakable. The only thing I thought was a negative on mine was the dash- a new panel and a box full of Livorsi's changed that.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:17 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Chris do you pics you can send me of your old Apache or some you can E-mail me? I think with the right power it might just be fast? The Bravo 1,s were updated 3 years ago, but I might ditch them for some XR's, I am not sure how much I am going to dump into the boat, it depends how much I like it? If I like the boat the sky is the limit, the problem is time is running out for me before I get busy, I dont have time to work on it in the summer, my business is seasonal.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrates, 28's are great boats.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Donzi 26zx
Hey Chris do you pics you can send me of your old Apache or some you can E-mail me? I think with the right power it might just be fast? The Bravo 1,s were updated 3 years ago, but I might ditch them for some XR's, I am not sure how much I am going to dump into the boat, it depends how much I like it? If I like the boat the sky is the limit, the problem is time is running out for me before I get busy, I dont have time to work on it in the summer, my business is seasonal.
My 28 predates my ownership of a digital cam and I don't have a scanner. My buddy has some pics of it (he bought it) and I'll ask him to e-mail them to me.

Before I looked at XR's, I'd seriously consider the Konrad conversion. I think the extension boxes would help the boat somewhat plus they look raceboat-cool. Plus they have the same power handling capability as the SSM III.

You can make them fast, it just takes power. More power than some flyweight boat. But for your trouble you get an incredible ride. People walked past boats that had paint that cost more than my whole rig just to look at it. It's an Apache.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Donzi 26x nice ride, where do you hang out with the boat
Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

I boat in the Indian River Bay and Rehoboth Bay, I dont get alot of free time in the summer to travel up to the C&D cannel, but I am going to try this year.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill, Chris is right. The Konrads are a great way to go.. We have sold & installed quite a few.. We did an install on an Apache before & it worked well. Last I heard the guy repowered to even bigger engines, something like 800's or 1000's & is still running those drives..

In your situation the ace package would be cool. The only thing is you will need trannys, so due to space the Ace set up is probably your best way to go because the std 540hps need the tranny inside and dont have the stand off box.. Let me know if you want to look into it further..

Jamie / Lakeside

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 01-21-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't know about the Konrads or ace on a 28? I would have to think that the extra wieght in the back would be an issue. Also with XR's and the boat being 7400 lbs, I would think as long as you where decent on the sticks and not much more than 750 hp they would live for a while.

There's a ;ot of 38 and 42 running xr with 600 hp and getting by.

I'm looking at upgrading to the xr's right now, and definitely don't want any problems -- but don't think the konrads or ace are going to be the answer. I hope I'm not too wrong
Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

600Hp a side NA would be very reasonable in that boat. Anything more is only gonna give a few more MPH.

I would think that boat would break into the 80's with that kind of power and you cold use the regular Bravos.

It would give you the best investment return without spending a fortune.

Just my .02

Great lookingboat. I bid on it while it was still low, I just didn't have the cash flow right noe to stroke that check.

Good luck with it.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:40 PM

The 28 is a solid, hefty boat. They're deeper than anything else that size and they aren't light. I think they weigh about the same as a Fountain 35, IIRC. The extra weight of the transmissions would be insignificant to the performance of the boat.

Standard Bravos on a boat of that weight are going to be intolerant of hard starts and throttle mistakes when leaving/re-entering the water with anything over 450-500 hp. 600's will make the boat sing. 750's would make it haul a$$.

Quick Reply: Apache 28 Brave Update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.