Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Apache 28 Brave  Update! >

Apache 28 Brave Update!

Notices

Apache 28 Brave Update!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DONZI33

This is one of the reasons I mentioned the Konrads.. But if he is not an overly agressive driver & ie easy on the sticks in those situations he will probably be ok.. Jamie

If you're not going to take it out in big water and mash waves, you may as well have bought a Fountain. You could go 15mph faster with the same power- on flat water.

You could be OK with Bravos and XR's would be even better. Konrads would be bulletproof. I like the idea of something I know I'm not going to have to dick with in a few years. And, best of all, they'll free you from the "F-ed by Mercruiser" experience.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Good idea & the weight of 9k lbs sounds a little high, but 7 does seem to low.. Is it possible 7k was the displacement? & actual weight is about 8-8500 lbs?? I could be wrong as it was a while ago already, but I think the 33 Warrior we did weighed in the mid 9's before we did the Konrads.. It had Trs's w/blown 509's.. Either way I would say Bobby's weight estimate is probabbly pretty close.. And He should know.. Jamie

Brochure says displacement. Whats the difference between displacement and weight?

My rig weighs 9100lbs full of gas on a trailer - done on the truck scales. Which is in line with the boat weighing 7000lbs

If you read his post he said he read that it was 9000lbs, not what bobby said.

OSO - where everybody is an expert at everything. You would think the brochure would be enough, or maybe actually owning one.........WTF? Its a 7000lb boat end of discussion.

Lucy's 41 only weighs 9500lbs.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...R&d=1600009680
Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Damn, that boat books at 39k.

I should have bought it and put the 14k in my pocket.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Damn, that boat books at 39k.

I should have bought it and put the 14k in my pocket.
I should have bought it to use
Old 01-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Brochure says displacement. Whats the difference between displacement and weight?

My rig weighs 9100lbs full of gas on a trailer - done on the truck scales. Which is in line with the boat weighing 7000lbs

OSO - where everybody is an expert at everything. You would think the brochure would be enough, or maybe actually owning one.........WTF? Its a 7000lb boat end of discussion.

Easy now.. I didnt go attacking you..

My bad, I must have read it a little too fast.. It I guess is possible for the 28, it just sounds light to me.. Base on some other stuff I have seen & had in here at our place.. Some boats the same length can weigh differently depending on whats in them..

Anyway, I just thought we were all rappin here & sharin ideas & just being happy for Bill on his new aquisition.. So back to the regularly scheduled program.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
If you're not going to take it out in big water and mash waves, you may as well have bought a Fountain. You could go 15mph faster with the same power- on flat water.

You could be OK with Bravos and XR's would be even better. Konrads would be bulletproof. I like the idea of something I know I'm not going to have to dick with in a few years. And, best of all, they'll free you from the "F-ed by Mercruiser" experience.

lol...

Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater

Lucy's isn't a good comparison. That's probably the lightest race-layup Apache 41 ever produced. My 28 (TRS boat) weighed 8400 with 2/3rds fuel & junk on board. Boat, not trailer. Manufacturers are notorious for under-quoting on spec sheets. I have the original for my Cig 35 and it quotes a rigged weight 3,000 lbs below actual. We all know Apache was notorious for broad variances in weights- especially on the 41. I've seen 1500 lb differences between pleasure hulls. The 41 I have now weighs a thousand less than my old one- same boat, 1 model year different.

Displacement, in nautical terminology, is the actual weight of the vessel in the water. That's everything- boat, engines, fuel, contents, etc. Specifically it's a measurement the weight of the water the hull displaces while floating.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Easy now.. I didnt go attacking you..

My bad, I must have read it a little too fast.. It I guess is possible for the 28, it just sounds light to me.. Base on some other stuff I have seen & had in here at our place.. Some boats the same length can weigh differently depending on whats in them..

Anyway, I just thought we were all rappin here & sharin ideas & just being happy for Bill on his new aquisition.. So back to the regularly scheduled program.. Jamie / Lakeside

Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining

I'm happy for Bill too, but he needs to know the facts about his boat and if you tell him his boat weighs 9000lbs then he looks to upgrade the bravos and any other interested buyer may think the same, which hurts the resale on other 28's with bravos.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 01-22-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:56 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I love the idea of Konrads. But you just paid 25 for the boat, and i know you were looking for a good deal. I just didn't think you'd be wanting to spend another 30+ for Konrads on boxes. Cuz before you know it, with upgrades and wiring and new power, you'll be in around $85-90 in this boat.
25 boat
+30 konrads
+30 engines (new, or 18-20 in a good rebuild)
+5 rigging (jamie wont like that # )
+2 in misc gauges
you keeping the exhuast or going new?

I'm just putting some basic #s out there, i dont think i'm that far off. All i know is, thats alot to have in a 16-20yr old 28.
If that was you monetary intention, and will enjoy the boat like that, then its worth it.
Just my $0.02.

Quick Reply: Apache 28 Brave Update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.