Apache 28 Brave Update!

Notices

Apache 28 Brave Update!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

good piont stormrider, I want to enjoy the boat and dump money into it for as long as I own it, and enjoy it at the same time. I like projects, eveytime I buy something new I spend all kinds of money on it and when I am done, I sell it. I end up loosing money but I had fun working on it, that is the whole point, I could have bought a newer boat and paid more that was already done, but what fun it that, at least for me, I dont have time to use my toys, I just like to look at them, and sit in them and drink beer, it saves me a ton on gas
Old 01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining
I'm happy for Bill too, but he needs to know the facts about his boat and if you tell him his boat weighs 9000lbs then he looks to upgrade the bravos and any other interested buyer may think the same, which hurts the resale on other 28's with bravos.
Dont worry about Bill.. Bill is a friend of mine & we talk fairly frequently..

In regards to the rest of your comments .... ??? & about needing to "Own an Apache" before speaking about one??

I dont know what you are looking for me to say OR why you seem to be looking for an argument.

I never said his boat weighed 9k lbs, I only said if Bobby said it he must know, I also said 9k lbs does seem high..

I Also already said I misread it & that I still think 7k lbs is on the light side. I only guessed without looking that the weight may be 8-8500.. I didnt say it was definite..

I also didnt bash the bravos on it. I only talked about the Konrads and a few things about them in regards to the boat..

Lastly I dont own an Apache, but I have been in them, worked on them & restored, etc.... As well as many other boats.. I also have been in & Owned many other high end boats. Just because I dont currently own an Apache doesnt mean I know nothing about them or any other boat line..

It is only my livelihood after all. So I must only work on Donzi's because thats what I own now?? Come on, Its a little silly.. One of the reason I own a Donzi is because it is what I like at the moment & I am also a certified service facility for them.. It doesnt mean I wont ever have any other non Donzi products or havent had any in the past.. Besides Aronow created more than just Donzi, Cigarette & Apache to name a few..

Im not trying to be rude to you, but I dont see why you seem to be getting irritated with a small error in my earlier post.. To be honest in the grand scheme of things at the current moment it is not a big deal.. It seemed to me as if Bill's main concern is to do a little bit of this & that, but to run the boat before doing anything major at all, other than checking the drives.. As would I if the boat was new to me..

Anyway... Enough of this.. We should be relaxing here.. You & I should not be fighting over this silly chit.. You have an Apache & I have a Donzi.. So we are boat family ...lol Jamie
Old 01-22-2008, 02:19 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Jamie, that 'whatever' emoticon, and your avatar kinda look alike.
Can you put a 'whatever' sign in your avatars hand?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by DONZI33

It is only my livelihood after all. So I must only work on Donzi's because thats what I own now?? Come on, Its a little silly.. One of the reason I own a Donzi is because it is what I like at the moment & I am also a certified service facility for them.. It doesnt mean I wont ever have any other non Donzi products or havent had any in the past.. Besides Aronow created more than just Donzi, Cigarette & Apache to name a few..
Not trying to start chit. If you told me how much a 33 Donzi weighs I would not second guess you, thats all. I know you do plenty of restorations and I respect your knowledge of boats.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

can't we all just get along? For what it is worth my 36' with bravos weighs under 10,000 with minimal fuel.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My azz weighs........

Well ya'll don't need to know that.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
can't we all just get along? For what it is worth my 36' with bravos weighs under 10,000 with minimal fuel.
I apoligize...........short temper, but the boat weighs 7000lbs

Out of curiosity, what kind of power and how many hours are on those bravos. What are your driving characteristics?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I guess I started with the weight thing, and I was going by the fact that I crossed the scale with bare trailer (only) then loaded 1991 28' Apache (mine) on trailer. I proceeded to remove drives and props -- I'll go into this in a minute-- and then ran back across scales with 1/4 tank of fuel and nothing else in boat(extras).

trailer 1540 lbs
boat and trailer minus drives and props with 1/4 tank 8640lbs
I figured the drives at approx 150 lbs ea with props and 2 tie bars.
This is where I came up with 7400 lbs with 1/4 tank of fuel.

I usually figure 4 people and 3/4 fuel puts me around 8600 lbs. add the coolers and overnight bags and I can see where Bobby S would say 9000 lbs for figuring.

As far as Bravo 1's -- I removed mine in order to fix the starboard that locked in reverse the first week of November at 11;30 pm. This is after 6 months of heavy driving with 525 sc's pushing the boat.
At the moment I'm looking at upgrading to XR's to give me a little bit of comfort over the B1's, there is also the crazy notion of repowering with 700's in the future -- but as stormrider pointed out it's alot coin into an old 28'

I will say that this boat took everything that Lake Erie and I threw at it and never wimpered, my passengers and I did though
Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Not trying to start chit. If you told me how much a 33 Donzi weighs I would not second guess you, thats all. I know you do plenty of restorations and I respect your knowledge of boats.
Thanks for your respect & clarifying..No problem..

I will end in saying... Just please understand, I was not trying to second guess you. I was just saying what I thought the weight was based on what I had seen in the past & what we had done in the past... If it is 7k its 7 if less less, if more more.. Its really not a big deal to me..

One of the reasons I said what I did earlier is that my current Donzi ((26zx) I dont currently have a 33zx, The 33zx was a few years ago & was a demo. However I have those specs too about 9800 lbs dry, although not relevant here .. Any way in regards to the 26zx even though my factory PIG book for that year said 5800# dry, it is over 7 equipped like mine & loaded with fuel. Thats on a 26zx that is almost 27' with 1 big block & a fairly heavy layup.. I was doing some rough off the top off my head figuring based on knowing that Apache's are also known for a very good & heavy layup as a rule . I also took that into consideration & adding for the extra length as well as another bigblock . I also knew roughtly what one of the 33 Apaches that we did weighed and I figured that in as well.. Therefore I figured it probably weighs more than 7k.. But if I am wrong it's ok. I wasnt out to bash or offend anyone or start a fight.. It was purely thinking out loud while typing my educated guess.. Also maybe your model, year & build does weight in at 7k lbs..

Anyway, no harm no foul with me. Its water under the bridge and I am not one to look to hold grudges. So WE are ok....

Jamie / Lakeside

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 01-22-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Woooo,

Glad we got that all out of our systems.

Quick Reply: Apache 28 Brave Update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.