28 Apache in classifieds

Notices

28 Apache in classifieds

Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Go_Fast_Pilot
Boat needs some work still. Saw it a couple of weeks ago
What type of work. I noticed in the pics at the top corner of the fairing on the driverside it looks like it has some stress cracks in the gell.

how did the motors,stringers,knees look? Any soft spots?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
What type of work. I noticed in the pics at the top corner of the fairing on the driverside it looks like it has some stress cracks in the gell.

how did the motors,stringers,knees look? Any soft spots?
I wouldn't worry too much about those cracks. They are on my boat too epecially around the anchor hatch and fairing. I wouldn't really call them stress cracks because they dont go down the length of the hull sides. The survey I had also did not refer to them as stress cracks, my surveyor said they are just cosmetic and I agree. I wouldn't worry about it unless its a vertical crack that stops at the trim. I think it has more to do with the paint breaking down over time rather than the structural integrity of the boat. I talked with the owner of a custom paint shop and he said that some of the more highend paint jobs use imron, which is just not a very durable paint especially over long periods of time. I do plan on having the deck resurfaced and painted white, but not in the budget for this year.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 02-14-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I wouldn't worry too much about those cracks. They are on my boat too epecially around the anchor hatch and fairing. I wouldn't really call them stress cracks because they dont go down the length of the hull sides. The survey I had also did not refer to them as stress cracks, my surveyor said they are just cosmetic and I agree. I wouldn't worry about it unless its a vertical crack that stops at the trim. I think it has more to do with the paint breaking down over time rather than the structural integrity of the boat. I talked with the owner of a custom paint shop and he said that some of the more highend paint jobs use imron, which is just not a very durable paint especially over long periods of time. I do plan on having the deck resurfaced and painted white, but not in the budget for this year.
I'm not worried about them beng structural in that area just cosmetic. Stingers,transom is what i would be worried about.

Hows the boat coming along? You ready for summer or what

Last edited by BY U BOY; 02-14-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as the post I made in the other thread, I am pretty sure everything in it was accurate as far as what the current owner told me and my own research on the boat.

Not here to piss anyone off and if you think anything I said was untrue then by all means correct me.

I didnt see this boat but I have looked at 4 other 28's in the past 6 months and done survey's on two of them and I made a personal decision that this boat was not worth the 40k asking price at the time that the owner said he would absolutely not budge on.

Also if those engines arent pooched and dont look like **** and are actually 700hp why does the listing not even have a picture of them anymore? Why at the time I called and in the old listing did the owner not have any idea what kind of hours they had on them and now a number has been put up?

Again not trying to piss anyone off but at the time I was trying to be realistic and give anyone else out there who was attempting to buy this boat my OPINION (and I am not an expert, never claimed to be and never claimed to have seen the boat). Didnt mean to stir the pot any and I have deleted the old post before anyone gets their panties in a knot.

Cheers guys,

Good luck with your searching.

Last edited by ar15meister; 02-14-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered

Hell ya I'm ready for summer. Boat sits two hours away and I've been too busy to start tinkering with it.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Hell ya I'm ready for summer. Boat sits two hours away and I've been too busy to start tinkering with it.
Try and make a trip south and will hook up and have some beers Should be a few good PR this year.

Im ready to sit on the beach in Mexico and drink some COOOROOOONAAAAS
Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Try and make a trip south and will hook up and have some beers Should be a few good PR this year.

Im ready to sit on the beach in Mexico and drink some COOOROOOONAAAAS
Is that where your honeymoon is? Nothing better to start the summer off than a good honeymoon? Mines in May, strategically timed to get back for Labor day weekend.

We both should get a nice little $600 rebate in the mail in May and I did get one of my friends on board for a poker run. He's got the Dodge dually 4x4 crew, so I guess I'm out of excuses.

How about the rumor mill on this apache, I guess the saying holds true. No two apaches are the same and everyone of them has a story.

ar15meister - cheers to you
Old 02-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Is that where your honeymoon is? Nothing better to start the summer off than a good honeymoon? Mines in May, strategically timed to get back for Labor day weekend.

We both should get a nice little $600 rebate in the mail in May and I did get one of my friends on board for a poker run. He's got the Dodge dually 4x4 crew, so I guess I'm out of excuses.

How about the rumor mill on this apache, I guess the saying holds true. No two apaches are the same and everyone of them has a story.

ar15meister - cheers to you
Yep we leave Tuesday morning can't remember where were going and i really don't careI know its like a 1.5 cab ride from the airport.

yeah the rumors can get pretty thick. The only Apache that i have ruled out is the on in florida since it looks like HELL.

Last edited by BY U BOY; 02-14-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Registered

this is where we are going.
swim up room will be nice.I don't have to walk back drunk
http://www.honeymoonsinc.com/Page3066.aspx#

Last edited by BY U BOY; 02-14-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Ditto!

I think it is awesome you share your thoughts- someone interested can take them or leave them.

Good job posting what you think vs fear of being flamed.
Im also glad he has done his homework,less for everyone else to do when it comes time.

Quick Reply: 28 Apache in classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.