33 Apache Restoration >

33 Apache Restoration

Notices

33 Apache Restoration

Old 05-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KIDDS
LOOKS GREAT IF YOUR EVER DOWN SOUTH JERSEY LET'S HOOK UP TO A.C. FOR COCKTAILS AND LUNCH JUST BOUGHT TATONKA BRINGER HER UP ON WEDSDAY HERE'S MY EMAIL [email protected] WE SHOULD HAVE A APACHE WEEKEND IN A.C. MAYBE WE COULD DO A 2 DAY STAY OVER WILL ALL THE APACHE FAMILIES WOULDN'T THAT BE GREAT.YOUR 33 LOOKS AWSOME GOOD LUCK

MIKE
Thanks. I am in upstate New York, and don't typically boat in southern NJ, but you never know. If there was an event, I would try to make the trip. Good luck with Tatonka, it's a beautiful boat.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Lookin good!

It was also lookin great when I saw it in-person at the Patchogue race last year. Too bad it wasn't nicer weather because it would have been nice to run together that weekend. 92 is a great number, you should be proud!!!! Much faster than mine, that I can tell ya! Nice meeting you in Pt. Pleasant as well.

Hopefully we can meet up again sometime sooon.

Frank
Old 05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Nice resto!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Lookin good!

It was also lookin great when I saw it in-person at the Patchogue race last year. Too bad it wasn't nicer weather because it would have been nice to run together that weekend. 92 is a great number, you should be proud!!!! Much faster than mine, that I can tell ya! Nice meeting you in Pt. Pleasant as well.

Hopefully we can meet up again sometime sooon.

Frank
Hi Frank. It was nice meeting you too, and thanks for the nice remarks about our boat. The boat is heading back down to Mid Coast for some more tweaking in the next week or two. We are going to Patchogue again this August. Are you going too? Maybe we can make a run then.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by yamjb
Hi Frank. It was nice meeting you too, and thanks for the nice remarks about our boat. The boat is heading back down to Mid Coast for some more tweaking in the next week or two. We are going to Patchogue again this August. Are you going too? Maybe we can make a run then.
I'm going to do everything I can to make it to Patchogue again this year! I was planning a 4 day weekend with the boat, wife and baby! Driving the boat out there on Friday, spend the day over at Fire Island with the family on Saturday, Races Sunday, drive the boat back to Jersey on Monday.

It's kinda hard to confirm everything right now so we'll see what's up when the time gets closer!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 33 apache

Is your boat a narrow or wide beam? There were 3-5 33's made according to most sources. There are several threads on the history of Apache, it is a long story... Post some pictures of your boat when you get a chance.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. Mine is a wide beam, 9'6". It appears to be basically original with the original carpeting, vinyl, and intererior upholstery and cool APACHE speedo. I had to remove the hidious 1980's wing though. One interesting thing i found was a 33' Black Fin open fishing boat with twin big block inboards down in Port Aransas, TX. It was my exact hull! Maybe Black Fin bought the mold?
Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Blackfin 33ft was originally a cary 32, and they stopped making the 33 by the early 80s.
Could a wide 33 be similar to the 36cig widebody?

Last edited by Stormrider; 05-21-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Default hey

Is your boat a narrow or wide beam? There were 3-5 33's made according to most sources. There are several threads on the history of Apache, it is a long story... Post some pictures of your boat when you get a chance.
thanks for responding yamjb. mine is a wide beam. i believe it is the same hull as the one you restored. its basically all original and in pretty good shape. i just wish it had more power! but dont we all. an interesting thing is, i was in port aransas texas and saw a 33' blackfin center console with twin big block inboards. but is was my exact hull! so maybe blackfin bought the mold?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Default hi

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Blackfin 33ft was originally a cary 32, and they stopped making the 33 by the early 80s.
Could a wide 33 be similar to the 36cig widebody?
Well i've seen pics of the 36 Cig and it looks very similar to the 33 Apache/Blackfin hull. Is the 36 Cig a 9'6 wide beam?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:35 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

yup!

and i believe don had taken much from Cary, he did use to race one.
blackfin also had a 28ft based off a cary hull too.

Here are some pics and a link of the 33.
The most recent i could find for sale is 1984.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=47986&url=

Last edited by Stormrider; 05-22-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 33 Apache Restoration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.