Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Looking at this Apache >

Looking at this Apache

Notices

Looking at this Apache

Old 05-30-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No one would know better than you about how much $$ it takes to turn a $25,000 Apache 28 from Ebay into a ready-to-rock, updated boat.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

That is a understatement Chris, I have more money into this boat than I want to talk about. If anyone want to know what it takes to make a 28 Apache perfect call me, I want the boat to be the best if I sell it or not. I wish I would have bought a already done boat!!! but I bought what I bought and I am going to finish it!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
No one would know better than you about how much $$ it takes to turn a $25,000 Apache 28 from Ebay into a ready-to-rock, updated boat.
Chris whats your problem...or Motto ?

Guy has a Brave and heīs happy with it.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Chris whats your problem...or Motto ?

Guy has a Brave and heīs happy with it.
I have no idea what you're referring to.

Apache Brave and I have spoken several times about his project. He bought it from Ebay and has poured a ton of money and work into making it nice- with plenty of both still to go. It was a decent boat when he got it but to turn it into "an Apache", it's taken quite a bit.

Point being- a $25K Apache you buy on Ebay takes alot to get straight, reliable and looking good- and Apache Brave knows this very well as he's in the middle of it right now.

Further to that point- in the last several months there have been several project boats bought by forum members. Each time one of these boats comes on the market, we get discussion from one side about "could it really take that much?" and from the others, who have done it about "...you have no idea". The one's that come to mind are the boat from Shogren's, the Warrior boat and the one that started the "I love this boat!!" thread- that one still isn't in the water.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Registered

I mean you have a dissing tone about Apaches for sale, no pun intended and I see your point but not the tone of it.

So what if XX Grand is an entry level price of owning a Apache when you dish the money out you have always the bragging rights like El Indio stated.
Some guys are happy just owning one and using it maybe not much at all, some just want to fullfill a dream owning one.
Remember Flying Falcon for example.

I mean no-one in their minds canīt expect something used to look like brand new ...whatever it maybe.
And those who havenīt seen and tested boats in question also should not be that opinionated, it doesnīt serve anyone.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dono77056
Good price on the boat now..28K or best offer as to the best of my recolection on ebay. Just mark this up as a case study on how not to sell a boat. Sad to say, had John dealt with people better, this forum would probably have produced a buyer for his original asking price.
I doubt any forum could serve that way.
Usually quite the opposite what I have found, The real buyers are mostly somewhere else.
And Seems John is happy with his boat, might it get sold or not.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:09 PM

I mean you have a dissing tone about Apaches for sale, no pun intended and I see your point but not the tone of it.

I'm still missing what you're saying. If your speaking specifically to the one on Ebay right now, I've yet to say anything negative about the boat. The seller... that's a different story. You need to read the other thread referenced.

As far as Apaches that we've seen for sale, every one of them has taken substantial sums of money to get into shape- and in most cases more than the buyer anticipated. After re-doing 3 and being on my 4th, I'd say I know a little about the topic.

No "dis" as you say, fair warning to the ambitious but uninformed.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:12 PM

I doubt any forum could serve that way.
Usually quite the opposite what I have found, The real buyers are mostly somewhere else.
And Seems John is happy with his boat, might it get sold or not.
Kind of funny you would say that. We get a nonstop flow of single and double-digit posters who came here to find out about particular boats for sale, including the guy who started this very thread.

Lots of boats in the classifieds, lots of major dealers advertising. I'd say we have our fair share of real buyers on here.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the buyers do come from somewhere else for most boats, Baja, Fountain, etc. mass produced well marketed lines.
I completely disagree when it comes to boats such as Apache and Panteras. Your going to get a better price and a better boat from someone on the boards. Most of the guys that own these boats know what they are and where to look for them. You just dont go to your local dealer or look in the paper. The guy on the street doesnt see any difference between this brand a Baja except that he identifies with Baja as a major brand. A lot of people such as myself watch the boards for months/years and watch boats come and go until they find the right one. If your open and honest it's a good place for both parties.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I'm still missing what you're saying. If your speaking specifically to the one on Ebay right now, I've yet to say anything negative about the boat. The seller... that's a different story. You need to read the other thread referenced.

As far as Apaches that we've seen for sale, every one of them has taken substantial sums of money to get into shape- and in most cases more than the buyer anticipated. After re-doing 3 and being on my 4th, I'd say I know a little about the topic.

No "dis" as you say, fair warning to the ambitious but uninformed.
I can tell you what hes trying to say chris, quit posting negative comments about other peoples boats and them. You've been told several times, so why do you keep doing it? Just let it go and quit worrying about this boat.

And if someone wants your opinion im sure they know how to get a hold of you.

CHRIS THINKS HE KNOWS IT ALL.

YES CHRIS THATS ALL YOU HAVE SAID IS NEGATIVE COMMENTS. DONT TRY TO CHANGE IT NOW, EVERYONE CAN READ WHAT YOU SAID.AND THE ONLY REASON I POST WHAT I SAY IS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

Last edited by john_john540; 05-31-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking at this Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.