Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Looking at this Apache >

Looking at this Apache

Notices

Looking at this Apache

Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You probably neglected to notice what constitutes the peace sign in my avitar . The best peace is achieved through deterrence- having your opponent fear the engagement. The second best peace is achieved through swift and decisive defeat of your opponent. Peace is only a positive thing if you are holding the high ground. It isn't particularly useful to the oppresed.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is another 28 that just showed up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Here is another 28 that just showed up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...spagenameZWDVW
1996..........technically not an apache. Must be one of Eric Froberg's apache's. No doubt it will be a lighter layup. Awesome boat.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
1996..........technically not an apache. Must be one of Eric Froberg's apache's. No doubt it will be a lighter layup. Awesome boat.
I figured it had to be a light lay up running 82 with 502's Not big on the fairing or the paint
She does look clean other than the engines and the gauges.Its only money right?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That color in the cockpit looks real HOT I had a 31 Chapperal with it and you couldn't touch it in the sun. Why do these boats always look like they were run way to hard and put away wet?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Why do these boats always look like they were run way to hard and put away wet?
Probably because that's the best time to sell a performance boat. You're going to get hammered on just about any boat, depreciation-wise. You might as well get as much use as you can out of it. When you're finally confronted with having to do repaints, re-rigging engines and drive rebuilds, and you start getting those quotes, a guy usually looks at those numbers and says "F-it. I'll spend that on a newer/bigger boat."

Unfortunately, there are many buyers that get caught up in that new-boat-fever excitement. The're thinking "I've always wanted a good deal on a Cig/Apache/Fountain/Etc" and they don't do the numbers- or they BS themselves on what it's going to take and what it's going to cost. How do I know? Personal experience.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Registered

I agree Chris, its dammed if you do or dammed if ya don't. I wanted an old Cig or Apache when I got my A.T. I did the #s and they just don't work. The real problem is nowa days the new ones are so far out there in $$$$ that you can't do that eather. I now have come to the conclusion that if and when I am ever going to have another "sport - performance" boat it will have to be a restore that will take most of my time and nickel and dime me to the grave, so with that said I don't see one in my future and that is painful. Thanks Snap-On
Old 06-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

I'm familiar with this boat. The owner has had it at least 6 years maybe closer to 10. The pictures don't do it justice, the boat is used at Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Arkansas. The people that own it, (Martindales) uses it a lot but it should be well serviced. You got see this one in the water to appreciate; definitely a head turner. Surprised he's selling unless it's time to move up to something new and let someone else feed it money for a while.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

The 96' just listed on Ebay. Sorry trouble posting.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dono77056
The 96' just listed on Ebay. Sorry trouble posting.
Where do you boat?? I don't think i have ever seen a Pantera down here?

Quick Reply: Looking at this Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.