Allez Vite >

Allez Vite

Notices

Allez Vite

Old 07-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,
As we have already discussed between the two of us, the first thing I said when you picked the engines up was I apologize for this taking so long. And yes I would have rather had things work out for the better. As you know when you first called me you said the engines didn't have much run time on them and you wanted a suggestion on what to do. I suggested to do a leak down test and you had that performed. The results were horrible. The original qoute was based "sight un-seen" on the information given that the engines only had about 50-60 hours on them. I didn't expect to see such a mess when we opened them up. As far as the extra cost, you agreed to ever thing before anything was ordered or machine work performed. The bottom line is if you really think the boat ran good before, it's gonna run excellent now! I like you and Krista a lot and do sincerely apologize for the time. I do have video of the engines for you I have to transfer to CD, they sound and run great! I hope to see this project come together down the road, and as I mentioned to you when you picked them up- I will be more than happy to help you put them in the boat. I have my heart and soul in every project we do, and only try to give people the best engines possible from our 50 plus years of knowledge. I will help you all the way.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sure looks like he stands behind his pieces...he didnt just put valve covers on the motors with his name on them....just because he did a valve job...

i would totally use gellner...i spoke with byrdman and said he was happy with him as well on his most recent job
Old 07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 169 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Just FYI for all of my west Michigan offshore brothers...

I know everyone has their preferences, but you already have one of the best offshore engine builders in the country right here in west Michigan (Jenison/Hudsonville)---Dave Wesseldyk. He does not advertise and is only known by his reputation---reliable product, honest, straight forward, no hype and no bs---and he is an extremely smart dude. Dave is also an SBI world class throttleman.

He is welder, machinist, fabricator, craftsman and is always busy building custom offshore engines for somebody and is usually in his shop 7 days per week. He seems to be getting the majority of his customers from the Chicago area at this time.

Everything he gets is by word of mouth and he is at least worth doing some homework on.

www.wescoracingengines.com
Dave built my motors and i have been 100% pleased!! gave a seasons warranty but have had zero problems with motors, i cant stop breaking trannies and drives. Wesco racing builds a great motor... now its time to start my #6 conversion... wooo hoooo!!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

here's some pics
Attached Thumbnails Allez Vite-picture_0029.jpg   Allez Vite-picture_0044.jpg  
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Steve ,I feel for ya, I am in a similar way, since the sale fell on the boat I decided to get her repainted. The boat was delivered to the shop in Feb and is still there. I was told the boat would be done by April 15th. I am very happy with the way the boat is turning out but the delay has put a damper in our boating happiness. I hope to be in the water soon. You guys are about 2 hours away . You guys need to come up and help me break her in. Give me a call 704-634-9004.

David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
here's some pics
look nice....realistically how many hours will motors like that run before rebuild?.....
Old 07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by el indio
look nice....realistically how many hours will motors like that run before rebuild?.....
I have a few sets out there right now that are nearing 250 hours and will be coming in for freshen. It all depends on how hard you run them on duty cycles. Proper service and operation are key. I am working on getting the dyno video down sized to post. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

with all thats been said....building boat motors is a herculean task......a great test of equipment and preperation.......they never freewheel....work work work......and usually the main reason for failure is the loose nut behind the wheel.......this is just my honest opinion.....based on experiance......not just a keyboard boater......m.m..

Last edited by el indio; 07-30-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
sure looks like he stands behind his pieces...he didnt just put valve covers on the motors with his name on them....just because he did a valve job...

i would totally use gellner...i spoke with byrdman and said he was happy with him as well on his most recent job
Byrdman hates you and what are you talking about????
Old 08-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't own an Apache but I must comment.......This poor guy just wants to use his boat, plain and simple. He paid for insurance, probably had some vacations planned around the boat etc. Boating is expensive enough, having to see it sit there for almost 2 years!!!

The second time out in my boat I smoked both Sterlings. They were completely rebuilt in 8 weeks. We had to special order rods, pistons, etc,etc.

I'm sure he builds great motors but that time frame is just insane.....

Quick Reply: Allez Vite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.