Story of Apache lets hear your version

Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Do you ever take anything seriously?

Why do you have to be like that?
You claim to know everything about the Apache Powerboat Company from day 1 so lets hear it.
Start typing.
When was it founded, Who started it, when was it sold to Kramer, then when was it sold back to Don?
Or is that not how the story goes? What about the government contracts that Don had and when Kramer bought it, the Government said they dont do business with convicted people so the contracts when to Don somewhere else then I heard Kramer sold the company at a big loss back to Don.
Is that part true?
What was the first year Apache was in business?

Where does Bob S come into this? Where does Eric and Mark come in?
When did all the assets get seized by the government and what entitled Mark McMannus to these assets? Or did he just persue them and buy them back from the government?
Its an interesting story and I would like to hear how it went and what years were what and how many of these boats actually smuggled drugs into the Miami river? I always wondered if my boat had anything of a history to it but it seems not a soul alive knows anything about my boat and its always never mentioned on any threads or anything like a bastard child or something.
I would love to know the history of my boat but I have no way of finding out anything unless any of you know anything about it.

EVERYTHING HAS A FUNNY SIDE. IT HAS BEEN SO LONG AGO THAT SO FEW PEOPLE KNOW ANY OF IT ANYMORE. ALL SECOND HAND NEWS. I SUGGEST YOUALL COME UP WITH YOUR OWN VERSION, THAT WILL KEEP THE INTREST. I HAVE BEEN A FRIEND OF BOBS FOR MANY YEARS. HE STARTED IT WITH A SQUADRON 38. APACHE BOB.
NO BEN NO MCMANNUS. THERE WERE OTHER PLAYERS THAT WILL REMAIN NAMELESS. APACHE WAS BORN ON 17TH AVE MIAMI NOT 188TH ST. THIS IS BORING CYA. APACHE IS HISTORY. ADIOS APACHE. M.M.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's my version.. I found Wikipedia to be really helpful!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache

Apache is the collective term for several culturally related groups of Native Americans in the United States originally from the American Southwest. These indigenous peoples of North America speak a Southern Athabaskan (Apachean) language, and are related linguistically to the languages of Athabaskan speakers of Alaska and western Canada. The modern term Apache excludes the related Navajo people. However, the Navajo and the other Apache groups are clearly related through culture and language and thus are considered Apachean. Apachean peoples formerly ranged over eastern Arizona, northwestern Mexico, New Mexico, and parts of Texas and the Great Plains. There was little political unity among the Apachean groups. The groups spoke seven different languages. The current division of Apachean groups includes the Navajo, Western Apache, Chiricahua, Mescalero, Jicarilla, Lipan, and Plains Apache (formerly Kiowa-Apache). Apache groups are now in Oklahoma and Texas and on reservations in Arizona and New Mexico. Many Navajo reside on a 16,000,000-acre (65,000 km2) reservation in the Four Corners region of the United States. Some Apacheans have moved to large metropolitan areas, such as New York City. The largest Apache urban communities are Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Phoenix, Denver, San Diego and Los Angeles.[citation needed] Some Apacheans were employed in migrant farm labor to be relocated to agricultural regions of Southern California like the Coachella, Imperial and Colorado River valleys, where now tens of thousands of Apacheans live.

The Apachean tribes were historically very powerful, constantly at enmity with the Spaniards and Mexicans for centuries. The first Apache raids on Sonora appear to have taken place during the late 17th century. The U.S. Army, in their various confrontations, found them to be fierce warriors and skillful strategists.[1] The warfare between Apachean peoples and Euro-Americans has led to a stereotypical focus on certain aspects of Apachean cultures that are often distorted through misperception as noted by anthropologist Keith Basso:

"Of the hundreds of peoples that lived and flourished in native North America, few have been so consistently misrepresented as the Apacheans of Arizona and New Mexico. Glorified by novelists, sensationalized by historians, and distorted beyond credulity by commercial film makers, the popular image of 'the Apache' — a brutish, terrifying semihuman bent upon wanton death and destruction — is almost entirely a product of irresponsible caricature and exaggeration. Indeed, there can be little doubt that the Apache has been transformed from a native American into an American legend, the fanciful and fallacious creation of a non-Indian citizenry whose inability to recognize the massive treachery of ethnic and cultural stereotypes has been matched only by its willingness to sustain and inflate them."
Old 07-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

one of the early boats..

Old 07-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
EVERYTHING HAS A FUNNY SIDE. IT HAS BEEN SO LONG AGO THAT SO FEW PEOPLE KNOW ANY OF IT ANYMORE. ALL SECOND HAND NEWS. I SUGGEST YOUALL COME UP WITH YOUR OWN VERSION, THAT WILL KEEP THE INTREST. I HAVE BEEN A FRIEND OF BOBS FOR MANY YEARS. HE STARTED IT WITH A SQUADRON 38. APACHE BOB.
NO BEN NO MCMANNUS. THERE WERE OTHER PLAYERS THAT WILL REMAIN NAMELESS. APACHE WAS BORN ON 17TH AVE MIAMI NOT 188TH ST. THIS IS BORING CYA. APACHE IS HISTORY. ADIOS APACHE. M.M.
Touche'
Old 07-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Jay, wasn't your boat originally from Hewlett, NY?
I have NO clue at all
I was hoping SOMEONE knew SOMETHING about my 41

It is always excluded from all conversations and such because im guessing no one knows anything aboutit.t
Gail says she did not paint it, doesnotknow who did, no one knows who owned it, no one knows what its original name was (says WIND ARROW embroidered on the dash but dont know who put that there or how old that name is)
Totally clueless as to the origins of this 41
Thanks
J
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
it started many many moons ago, founded by chief goforboatride, 1st model was the birch bark 12, power was 2 injuns pushing labbed 0 pitch oars...
LMAO
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jayl13
I have NO clue at all
I was hoping SOMEONE knew SOMETHING about my 41

It is always excluded from all conversations and such because im guessing no one knows anything aboutit.t
Gail says she did not paint it, doesnotknow who did, no one knows who owned it, no one knows what its original name was (says WIND ARROW embroidered on the dash but dont know who put that there or how old that name is)
Totally clueless as to the origins of this 41
Thanks
J
I saw your boat at Liberty Landing one year... I believe it was for one of the SBI races or the NYC Poker run... It was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly.

I also remember seeing a classified ad for it which included spare long-blocks.

McManus should have info on your boat. Did you ask Ed (Comanche3six) the resident Apache expert? He's doing so much PR he ought to get his boat rigged for free by Apache.. lol

Last edited by Panther; 07-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I saw your boat at Liberty Landing one year... I believe it was for one of the SBI races or the NYC Poker run... It was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly.

I also remember seeing a classified ad for it which included spare long-blocks.

McManus should have info on your boat. Did you ask Ed (Comanche3six) the resident Apache expert? He's doing so much PR he ought to get his boat rigged for free by Apache.. lol
Well the boat did come with a spare set of long blocks thats totally correct.
Well I was told it was down here in Palm beach now that being said about 90 % of the people down here in Palm Beach ARE from NY so that very well could be true.
Cozzi said its a KV and CF boat, Estimated weight dry with nothing on it the way it sits is around 10500-11K which is way lighter than most of the 41's out there
Now without weighing it thats only a guess but Cozzi has done so many of these I will give him a huge benefit of the doubt.
He told me its a wolf in sheeps clothing.
I am going to build my engines to look just like these
http://www.theblowershop.com/user_ri...01ed6c7acf.jpg

J

Last edited by Jayl13; 07-11-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

I'd agree with Cozzi on the weight assessment... Not being a full-pleasure model and not having the full cabin liner should have saved you a few thousand lbs!!

Hey, for a point of reference... Some years ago when I was still working at the marina, I pulled our friends 41' with the travel lift and the needles were somewhere around 13-14K lbs.. It was a full pleasure with half stagger, 572's on #3's.

When I saw your boat up in NYC I didn't have my 36' yet so I was there on the Panther. I bumped into the owner and said hello but he wasn't very polite and acted like a typical NY wise guy....

It looked great sitting at the dock though!

Last edited by Panther; 07-07-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

well these knuckle heads that I bought it from used a razor blade and were scraping off the imron paint and "shaved" the surface back to white
I am going to paint the entire boat cadillac Pearl white with the Interlux Perfection base epoxy enamel and PPG Concept clear with a TON of the pearl powders I get from my art store and HOK.
Ill take and dump a few bottles of the powder into a gallon of clear and shoot the boat with 4 thin layers of powderd irridecent clear then 3 medium layers of just clear
Then the graphics will go on over the clear then the boat will get cleared again over the graphics without any powder in it at all.
She will shine and have that DEEP paint look!
J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.