Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Looking for pic of 41 yellow apache, with "41 APACHE" airbrushed on black dash panel >

Looking for pic of 41 yellow apache, with "41 APACHE" airbrushed on black dash panel

Notices

Looking for pic of 41 yellow apache, with "41 APACHE" airbrushed on black dash panel

Old 04-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It had three isata fransene itallian diesels.The boat would run all day at 90 +.I am sure of this I was Ken Kramers apache marine electrician for 7 yrs. designed and installed in all boats including Bens 92 Ft gardner designed motor sailer.His first off shore boat was #69 and converted from a cafe racer by Ton Evanes plus other riggers and I wired the conversion.I think it had aranson drives.

Last edited by MARINE WIREMAN; 04-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MARINE WIREMAN
It had three isata fransene itallian diesels.The boat would run all day at 90 +.I am sure of this I was Ken Kramers apache marine electrician for 7 yrs. designed and installed in all boats including Bens 92 Ft gardner designed motor sailer.His first off shore boat was #69 and converted from a cafe racer by Ton Evanes plus other riggers and I wired the conversion.I think it had aranson drives.
The 92' motor sailer was named the "Apache Princess". Not many even know about her. The inside was absolutely beautiful, wasn't she?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

The motor sailer was named apache Queen.I spent about two yrs. and many miles of wire on her elec. system worked on her between the cafe racers and off shore boats that apache built.And yes she was not only beautifull but sailed well,could do about 10=12 knots in a good wind with the diesel engine.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excuse me, Mr. Hijackers. Anyone have a progress report on the allegedly hot parts and missing boat?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Any update on this one?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The insurance company meet with James Harpold on 03/17/11, and has been awaiting his signed statement of events which has been in the hands of his attorney since 03/24/11. The insurance company contacted the attorney and visited his office a few times, no response as of two weeks ago. That's the last status update I have.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (04-30-2021)
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Registered

Default Matthew Schmahl

Please permit this message to clarify the circumstances, while simultaneously apologizing to all for my delinquency in attending to OffshoreOnly.com. Due to other commitments it is a challenge to visit and read all the posts. I am one of the persons involved in unraveling the misfortunes of the Apache named Running Bear. As you know the vessel was reported stolen in March 2010 while temporarily located at a closed concrete contractor's former office location in Royal Palm Beach FL. The claim against the vessel was paid by the insurer to the owner(s). More recently in mid March 2011 and within hours after some advertisements surfaced in OffshoreOnly. com involving the engines and related equipment, some dedicated and knowledgeable members of OffshoreOnly.com notified me. (Thanks again, the assistance was very helpful). The circumstances with regard to the engines, sterndrives and related equipment are clear. The person who placed the advertisement on OffshoreOnly.com, James Harpold, had purchased the engines, sterndrives and equipment in good faith and without a hint of notion that they originated from a boat that was reported stolen. He and his associates were immediately helpful to our investigation and have provided very helpful information that sheds light on the circumstances in their totality. In that James Harpold had acquired the engines, sterndrives and equipment in good faith, paid good money, and had no idea the equipment originated from a stolen boat, it was not within the realm of equity to challenge an ownership issue regarding the engines and sterndrives. James Harpold has since maintained regular contact with me and is oontinuing to assist in the investigation. In discussions I know that recently James Harpold sold the engines, sterndrives and equipment to another person located in South Carolina. Obviously the person in South Carolina is familiarized with the events and just like James Harpold, he has no involvement in the circumstances of the theft of the boat and he also acquired the engines and sterndrives in an entirely legitimate transaction. I will pay more attention to keeping all of you informed, and yes the roll out will take months. Meanwhile, we all know where the engines and sterndrives are, can anyone tell me where the hull and the trailer are? Again, all of you have been exceedingly helpful. Thanks and regards. Matthew Schmahl.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Good to hear! Thanks for the update. And to James, if my speculation caused you any undo frustration I am sorry, there were some things that needed to be clarified. Just as I didn't want my friend holding the bag, I'm glad that you didn't wind up screwed either
Old 04-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Registered

Matthew,

Very good post. If only all threads about stolen items could offer clear insight, we could save many the hardship of speculation.

James,

Glad this has been cleared up. One can only imagine the rush of panic you felt when reality of the situation came to light.

In general, I am confused how the photos fo the items for sale had the hull next to them. Were they photos from when James originally purhcased them? No answer really needed if it is not for public consumption yet.

Again, thanks for the update.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by matthew schmahl
Meanwhile, we all know where the engines and sterndrives are, can anyone tell me where the hull and the trailer are? Again, all of you have been exceedingly helpful. Thanks and regards. Matthew Schmahl.
The hull and engine hatch were clearly in the background of pictures posted in the advertisement. I would start there.

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
In general, I am confused how the photos fo the items for sale had the hull next to them. Were they photos from when James originally purhcased them?.
Agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.