Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Apache in the Chesapeake >

Apache in the Chesapeake

Notices

Apache in the Chesapeake

Old 05-13-2002, 07:52 AM
WarParty41

KAAMA-
You are correct. Dave Wesseldyk of "JAWS" did the motors in "War Party". Both motors were just rebuilt in November and only have dyno time on them. Had dinner with him and his wife about a month ago. He not only does excellent work, but is a very nice guy.

Old 05-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on WarParty I knew that boat when it was in Chicago. The owner took excellent care of it. One of the best looking Apaches around.
Good Luck
Mark
Old 05-13-2002, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

WarParty41,

Yes it is Dave. I stop in at his shop ALL THE TIME. He's always willing to take time to answer questions I may have about engines/boating. He has been extremely helpful to me in the past. If there is one thing that I know that Dave told you about those engines it's: "DON'T TOUCH THEM"....in other words don't mess with the jetting, distributor,etc----especially the timing and to just leave them as they are. Some of these people with these high dollar boats have their own mechanics thinking they know what they;re doing and start messing with the timing and other stuff and then wonder why they burnt an engine down. And I'm sure most know wht they're doing but Dave sets them up a certain way runs them HARD on the dyno and checks EVERYTHING out to ensure that it will live and that everything is correct before it leaves his shop. He's extremely fussy. Dave tells me that most of the engines he does in his shop are usually repairs because of poor timing/tuning---usually something simple that boaters feel they can mess with and yet important enough jepardize the very life of the engine. If you feel something should be adjusted that Dave can't get to because of the miles; have whoever is doing the adjusting call and talk to Dave BEFORE you touch/or attempt to run the boat/engines. He also keeps a nice stash of chocolate chip cookies in his shop too
Old 05-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 422 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Do you have a picture?

If you can send me a picture. What year is it?
Old 05-14-2002, 04:39 PM
WarParty41

Just a peek........
Attached Thumbnails Apache in the Chesapeake-warside.jpg  

Old 05-14-2002, 11:53 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Here Ya Go!
Old 05-15-2002, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Boat, I am sure Ted hated to see it go ! Enjoy, it is one of the best looking Apaches every built.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:43 AM
WarParty41

Ike.......
What can I say.......

Old 05-15-2002, 09:16 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the Apache head on the side. The whole boat has some awesome airbrush work on it. You need to post a picture of the engine compartment with all the trick panels and stuff.
Congrats again and have fun with it.
Mark
Old 05-15-2002, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Cig .

Have you been out yet ?

Quick Reply: Apache in the Chesapeake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.