41 Apache King Midas >

41 Apache King Midas

Notices

41 Apache King Midas

Old 01-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 41 Apache King Midas

Have any of you heard about this boat it is said to be a 1993 and engines are 2 x 1050 Zuls. Pictures and info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Cigaretteman
Old 01-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts
Default KING MIDAS

It was for sale at LIP-SHIP in miami, but the last time I pulled up that web site it said it was sold. They have a picture of it at that web address.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

Default Re: KING MIDAS

Originally posted by Nykamp
It was for sale at LIP-SHIP in miami, but the last time I pulled up that web site it said it was sold. They have a picture of it at that web address.
Nykamp.

Thanks for the info. It is advertised for sale in Spain now but no price is listed. You woulden´t know what it sold for would you ?

Cigaretteman
Old 01-13-2003, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Price

Sorry I don't know what it went for, a good gauge would be compare it's condition and drive train to what has come up for sale here at offshore . Good luck Steve.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:36 AM
apache41

The asking price for the Apache 41 King Midas was $239000. My guess is she went for about $225K.

If she went to Spain, the owner paid much more: about $20K for transport + 5% customs on the $225K=$11K + 18% V.A.T. in Spain = another $40K. This adds up to $296K.

Remember the US$ had a much higher exchange rate to the EURO. So more or less the owner will have paid EURO 325.000.

I've seen the boat several times - I would never pay more than EURO 160K for it - and remember it could have been abused in Spain, I know Ibiza, I know Marbella - there are no real experts there... How much EURO do they ask for it in Spain?

Old 01-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally posted by apache41
The asking price for the Apache 41 King Midas was $239000. My guess is she went for about $225K.

If she went to Spain, the owner paid much more: about $20K for transport + 5% customs on the $225K=$11K + 18% V.A.T. in Spain = another $40K. This adds up to $296K.

Remember the US$ had a much higher exchange rate to the EURO. So more or less the owner will have paid EURO 325.000.

I've seen the boat several times - I would never pay more than EURO 160K for it - and remember it could have been abused in Spain, I know Ibiza, I know Marbella - there are no real experts there... How much EURO do they ask for it in Spain?
Apache 41,

The add has no asking price so I don´t know how much they are asking. I hear you on the lack of experts in Spain It is amasing how the can f..k up a good thing down there.

Cigaretteman
Old 01-23-2003, 09:15 AM
apache41

Hello Cigaretteman,

most boats in Spain / France / Italy get ruined very fast. It's not only the "not so qualified" mechanics, it's also the owners (nobody tells them how to drive...).

I was on Ibiza (Spanish Island, many Cigarettes there...) and was always shocked: Almost everybody goes out of the harbour and instantly drives full speed - with cold engines!

Of course they are destroyed after one season... Phil Lipschutz (-> Lipship.com, he sold this Apache 41 - the boat belonged to a German property developer in Munich) told me the same: "One season in Europe and every offshore boat is destroyed"...

Old 01-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Devil's Island

Originally posted by Cigaretteman
Have any of you Apache guys heard of a 41 Apache called "King Midas" ? It is said to be a 1993 ? Engines are twin 1050 Zuls
If you know anything about the boat or have pictures please post !!

Thanks

Cigaretteman
As seen at Lipship Performance...

Old 02-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally posted by apache41
Hello Cigaretteman,

most boats in Spain / France / Italy get ruined very fast. It's not only the "not so qualified" mechanics, it's also the owners (nobody tells them how to drive...).

I was on Ibiza (Spanish Island, many Cigarettes there...) and was always shocked: Almost everybody goes out of the harbour and instantly drives full speed - with cold engines!

Of course they are destroyed after one season... Phil Lipschutz (-> Lipship.com, he sold this Apache 41 - the boat belonged to a German property developer in Munich) told me the same: "One season in Europe and every offshore boat is destroyed"...
Apache 41

Just noticed that you are in Europe too. Where in Europe are you ? Mail me some pictures of your boat or post them on the board if you get the time.

Cigaretteman